DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FW Update .800 Things to know from testing

You don't. Just make sure your app is logged into your account. If you can sync flight records, you're logged. After that all you need to do is to connect any DJI app like Litchi, or the DJI Go 4 app to the RC and the restrictions get lifted.

Don't I need an internet connection to log into my account? Seems like I do. I will test it since my only possible internet connection is the hotspot on my phone it is easy for me to totally disconnect from the internet. Just turn off the phone. I will not be loading either of the latest DJI GO4 or the new firmware until it is ABSOLUTELY confirmed you can fly without internet. 7 and 700 are working perfectly for me.

Don't I need an internet connection to log into my account? Seems like I do. I will test it since my only possible internet connection is the hotspot on my phone it is easy for me to totally disconnect from the internet. Just turn off the phone. I will not be loading either of the latest DJI GO4 or the new firmware until it is ABSOLUTELY confirmed you can fly without internet. 7 and 700 are working perfectly for me.

Let me try and clarify. You DO need internet to login. You DON'T need internet to stay logged in. Your app keeps you signed on, if it is closed or disconnected from the internet. Thus, if it's already logged in, you can fly without internet. I confirmed this myself when I rebooted everything in flight mode. When I took off, I took off with my phone disconnected. As expected the drone did not go higher than 30m. My phone was rebooted, in flight mode and DJI Go app not running. When I connected the phone, restrictions were still there. When I turned on the app, restrictions disappeared. All with no internet.

Quick observation.
Did a quick flight after upgrade and flew to 300 feet with no problem.
I logged off the dji app and still was able to fly to 300 feet.
Will test more later this afternoon.
I'm as certain as I can be that you didn't power-cycle the Mavic, which would explain your experience.

Try that again, but power down and back up the aircraft, reconnect to the RC, and see what happens.

Reactions: cowboytim3
I landed after the first flight, turned off controller and mavic. Logged off the DJI app turned on controller and Mavic and flew to 300 feet
Okay, that shoots my theory, but I'm suspicious (not calling you a liar, just holding out the possibility you wrongly remember cycling power on the Mavic).

Regardless, you've done what I won't -- test it. So I defer to your experience. I'm staying on .400.

I'm as certain as I can be that you didn't power-cycle the Mavic, which would explain your experience.

Try that again, but power down and back up the aircraft, reconnect to the RC, and see what happens.
That's precisely what I did.

What happens if you don't log off your account, but the next power cycle of the Mavic you want to fly RC only (no phone). Are flight parameters severely restricted?

What happens if you don't log off your account, but the next power cycle of the Mavic you want to fly RC only (no phone). Are flight parameters severely restricted?

This seems to be important to you, can you help others understand why you would wish to fly that way?

With no ability to see what the camera is pointing at or to initiate a preplanned mission it would seem rather restrictive...

Reactions: Nikon1
You won't see one. It updates along with the Mavic when they're connected.

If the goggles were not connected when you updated Mavic and controller, you will get an update notification when you next connect the goggles.

It did seem to me that you need to have the goggles connected before starting the app though or the update notification didn't seem to appear...

Sorry, new flyer question
Can we stay on fw .700?
Let's say i turn off any internet connection before turn on the mavic, the controller, and the DJIgo4?
Will i be still under restriction?

Can we stay on fw .700?
Let's say i turn off any internet connection before turn on the mavic, the controller, and the DJIgo4?

Yes you can stay, no you won't be restricted.

Let me try and clarify. You DO need internet to login. You DON'T need internet to stay logged in. Your app keeps you signed on, if it is closed or disconnected from the internet. Thus, if it's already logged in, you can fly without internet. I confirmed this myself when I rebooted everything in flight mode. When I took off, I took off with my phone disconnected. As expected the drone did not go higher than 30m. My phone was rebooted, in flight mode and DJI Go app not running. When I connected the phone, restrictions were still there. When I turned on the app, restrictions disappeared. All with no internet.

That should cause some interesting flights when the DJI Go 4 app disconnects itself on Nougat.

OK so I drive out to half way to nowheresville one of the few places I can fly around Tucson for example. Turns out in halfway to nowheresville there is no wifi or cell service. Now what exactly do I do to fly? 30/50 is not flying it is hovering close so you can land.

YOU ONLY NEED TO LOG IN ONCE, sheessh. If have done that, you can go wherever you wish- no internet required as long as you have not forcefully logged out.

Reactions: esquire
That should cause some interesting flights when the DJI Go 4 app disconnects itself on Nougat.
No, you misunderstand.

In a given power cycle for the aircraft, once the restrictions have been disabled by connection to GO4 (assuming it's been authorized by logging in some time in the past), the Mavic will continue to fly without restriction until you power it off and on again.

So, if you get disconnected from GO4 while the Mavic is powered on and unrestricted, it will stay that way while flying with the RC alone.

Can we stay on fw .700?

I'm on .700 and had a lovely flight up to 400 feet and a half-mile out over a lake this morning. Used Litchi, not Go, and had a cellular connection to intenet, as proven by my latest flight log automagically appearing at airdata.com.

OK so I drive out to half way to nowheresville one of the few places I can fly around Tucson for example. Turns out in halfway to nowheresville there is no wifi or cell service. Now what exactly do I do to fly? 30/50 is not flying it is hovering close so you can land.
You're still not understanding what I'm trying to say so let's explain in segments. Your app is considered logged in when you initially typed in your username and password when the app was setup. Signing on requires an internet connection. Once signed on, the app can function without an Internet connection since it already validated your user information as valid, so in short you can fly without internet and you can continue flying even if you shut the app down or it crashes mid-flight. There is nothing in this update to really worry about. Your drone will not be lost on an app crash. If your app doesn't show your user account in the Me section, then find a hotspot and login. That's all you need to do.

Reactions: TTFullTimer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japester