DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

G'Day High Flyers

Reactions
Hi Guys & Gals,

Obviously new to the wonderful world of drone flying, been loving the idea of taking my photography to the sky's and filming in 4K as well.... YES PLS

I've got a lot to learn and have been looking on this fantastic site for a couple days now, recently purchased my Mavic pro + Fly more combo + goggles :)

I have to say the goggles feel a bit weird but haven't been outside flying yet. Bought it late last night and now just waiting for the sun to ease off a bit before I get out onto the beach and fly.

I love the site and all its information. Looking forward to chatting with as many of you as possible and hopefully getting to fly with some of you.

I bought my MP 2nd hand and have been looking to find the .dat file but the video I found on YT said it is located in : MC Settings (drone symbol) > Advance Settings > t should be at the bottom of this page but I don't see it ?

I will continue to look but any help would be appreciated, I am using the latest dji Go 4 app

Just had a flight in my apartment lol the blades are pretty resilient I tried taking it down the hallway but i guess the draft from the blades was giving it a backdraft and affecting the flight (forcing it to the right)

Loved it.

Any way I'm off to the beach to see what I can do with this wonderful piece of technology :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic+Air/20180213/Mavic+Air+User+Manual+v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hi Dirkclod,

Thank you very much, I will definitely share some of my footage and shots, have been editing what ive shot today but it isn't good enough to share just yet :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi LuvMyTJ,

Thank you too, I am looking forward to learning as much as I can from you guys and the forum in a whole :)

Hi Guys & Gals,

Obviously new to the wonderful world of drone flying, been loving the idea of taking my photography to the sky's and filming in 4K as well.... YES PLS

I've got a lot to learn and have been looking on this fantastic site for a couple days now, recently purchased my Mavic pro + Fly more combo + goggles :)

I have to say the goggles feel a bit weird but haven't been outside flying yet. Bought it late last night and now just waiting for the sun to ease off a bit before I get out onto the beach and fly.

I love the site and all its information. Looking forward to chatting with as many of you as possible and hopefully getting to fly with some of you.

I bought my MP 2nd hand and have been looking to find the .dat file but the video I found on YT said it is located in : MC Settings (drone symbol) > Advance Settings > t should be at the bottom of this page but I don't see it ?

I will continue to look but any help would be appreciated, I am using the latest dji Go 4 app

Just had a flight in my apartment lol the blades are pretty resilient I tried taking it down the hallway but i guess the draft from the blades was giving it a backdraft and affecting the flight (forcing it to the right)

Loved it.

Any way I'm off to the beach to see what I can do with this wonderful piece of technology :)
Howdy from Wyoming @By My Left Eye , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

have been looking to find the .dat file but the video I found on YT said it is located in : MC Settings (drone symbol) > Advance Settings > t should be at the bottom of this page but I don't see it ?
Try following these instructions.

Hi Wayno1,
Are you anywhere close to my location ? was wondering if you would wanna meet for a fly sometime ? (Is that even the right word lol)
I know some people prefer to keep their hobby to themselves so that's all good if that's the case just figured best to ask.
:)

Cronulla is a beautiful spot, welcome to Mavic Pilots [emoji106]

Hi Wayno1,
Are you anywhere close to my location ? was wondering if you would wanna meet for a fly sometime ? (Is that even the right word lol)
I know some people prefer to keep their hobby to themselves so that's all good if that's the case just figured best to ask.
:)
I am out near Camden, south West past Campbelltown. About an hour's drive, off the M5

That's roughly where I bought my MP from :) is there many places you go out that way ? From reading on the casa website it seems like I live in the worse place to fly lol

"The rules and regs according to CASA and also your local councils and lets not forget privacy laws. This is the biggest disappointment but fully understand them of course but for me. Seems like I can't even fly the thing if I did get one. 5.5 kms away from any airports, all so approx 1km??? away from helipads, Can not fly over any sporting events, parks, beaches and any crowds for that matter. (so being in a city your stuffed) Then it states if people are near,you have to be min 30m in any direction from the person and no higher than 120m due to flight path regs. and you must keep it in line of sight at all times, etc, etc, etc!!!!"

Is it ok to go down to the national park, surely that would be ok ? I would only drop in on trees ?
Do you do still photography also or just video

Last edited:
Did you get it from Riase Above? Just around the corner from me. National Parks are a no go for launch by the way

I bought it second hand, its no older that 3 months (first firmware update was dated in December)

Although I think my next post will be - Mavic Pro For Sale - Sad to see it go but I could not fly it anywhere :p

Did you get it from Riase Above? Just around the corner from me. National Parks are a no go for launch by the way

Although I think my next post will be - Mavic Pro For Sale - Sad to see it go but I could not fly it anywhere :p
Download the "Can I fly there" app which is put out by CASA. It' great for highlighting where you can and cannot fly. You can fly around Cronulla although there are restrctions, you will have to land if aircraft in area. Parts of Bundeena should be ok, although it could be classes as National park, as are some parts of Kurnell
Red areas are NFZ, orange areas are restricted. Click on an area and it will give you a guide as to what is required

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180218-100947.jpg
    Screenshot_20180218-100947.jpg
    730.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: By My Left Eye
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member