DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi everyone.. im thinking about upgrading! what u think? :)

I have a p3s and was thinking of upgrading to the mavic. I see it's a better bird in everyway. However I would like to sell my p3s to help off set the cost of the mavic. What does a p3s normally sell for with 3 batteries and the dji case?

im in the same situation..

i got the DJI big backpack, 2pcs of batteries, 3 sets of blades, gimbal-protector, 2pcs of battery-chargers, holder for tablet/phone, sunvizor for both phone & tablet (2pcs),
also a lot of other stuff like new cushons for the gimbal, a protective-thing for the camera, and a brand new skin for the drone + remote

i put it out for $450, and got some interested people!

I didn't upgrade from the P3S...I added the Mavic to my collection!Thumbswayup
Since I've only been flying since Christmas, I decided to keep the P3S as a "trainer" and for when there is too much pucker factor to fly the Mavic. They are both great birds with different personalities and I enjoy flying them both!

I keep my P3S as a back up just in case or if Want to fly longer i'll take both with me. The cameras are almost the same in my opinion. I upgraded to the Mavic because the P3S's range sucked bad, even out in the country I barely managed to get 1200 feet away from me before id lose signal. But I guess it helped me be prepared for if or when the Mavic lost signal, at-least I wont freak out. The P3S lost signal every flight, I got accustomed to it.

im in the same situation..

i got the DJI big backpack, 2pcs of batteries, 3 sets of blades, gimbal-protector, 2pcs of battery-chargers, holder for tablet/phone, sunvizor for both phone & tablet (2pcs),
also a lot of other stuff like new cushons for the gimbal, a protective-thing for the camera, and a brand new skin for the drone + remote

i put it out for $450, and got some interested people!

That's not too bad. If I could get something similar to that price, I'd let it go.

I keep my P3S as a back up just in case or if Want to fly longer i'll take both with me. The cameras are almost the same in my opinion. I upgraded to the Mavic because the P3S's range sucked bad, even out in the country I barely managed to get 1200 feet away from me before id lose signal. But I guess it helped me be prepared for if or when the Mavic lost signal, at-least I wont freak out. The P3S lost signal every flight, I got accustomed to it.

well ive tried to compare videos from both the Phantom 3s and the Mavic, and the Mavic doesn't seem worse when it comes to picture/video-quality!

and it definitly has longer range, and also packed into a smaller size - so thats a big winner for me at least!

Reactions: Kestrel
well.. that's true! and im also thinking about getting another battery further on..

but what about shipping, insurance, taxes, customs?

I have no idea! I can get a UPS or Canada Post quote, including insurance. Taxes and customs are your mess to sort out! Send me your mailing address/postal code in a private message and I'll look into it. Note that I have the original shipping material.

Full disclosure: As I've mentioned elsewhere in this forum, the camera does not focus well below -6°C - can't get beyond about 100m through infinity. Also shows a "soft" focus to the left of the image below -3°C. Above -3°C all is well.

So, if you intend to do a lot of cold flying in Sweden, then this is not for you.

I have no idea! I can get a UPS or Canada Post quote, including insurance. Taxes and customs are your mess to sort out! Send me your mailing address/postal code in a private message and I'll look into it. Note that I have the original shipping material.

Full disclosure: As I've mentioned elsewhere in this forum, the camera does not focus well below -6°C - can't get beyond about 100m through infinity. Also shows a "soft" focus to the left of the image below -3°C. Above -3°C all is well.

So, if you intend to do a lot of cold flying in Sweden, then this is not for you.

soft focus to the left of the image?

well i dont intend to be flying when its colder then +5 at least!

hmm.. "cant get beyond 100m through infinity" ? dont really understand that sentence..

Last year i bought a Phantom 3 (standard), have had quite a bit of fun with it.. flying at the weekend house, filming over water and so on.. but i guess that i want "more"..

But now im reaching out to you guys.. what's your opinion?

I want both good and bad remarks, everything is welcome :)

Hello Najkks - the Mavic Pro is my first drone, but I wanted to share that the portability of this one was the deciding factor for me - in addition to the video quality. The portability just cannot be matched - while I admire the larger drones and payload they can carry, it seems the pilots have to simply be more "planful" than Mavic Pro owners do. I simply carry the drone with me almost all the time, especially when there is threat of sun here in greater Seattle area. Here are a few videos of recent sun breaks :) MeetKitsap.com

Observations - I am learning to stay in the "sweet spot" of the camera. Auto exposure especially is the killer (going from darkness to bright - you can see that the meter simply lags - but if you plan the shots, it is acceptable. I am very satisfied with the 4k video and color saturation, but am still learning to have smooth pans like the more experienced pilots do. Anyway - just wanted to post some footage of my Mavic Pro in case it helps. Cheers, from Seattle.

Hello Najkks - the Mavic Pro is my first drone, but I wanted to share that the portability of this one was the deciding factor for me - in addition to the video quality. The portability just cannot be matched - while I admire the larger drones and payload they can carry, it seems the pilots have to simply be more "planful" than Mavic Pro owners do. I simply carry the drone with me almost all the time, especially when there is threat of sun here in greater Seattle area. Here are a few videos of recent sun breaks :) MeetKitsap.com

Observations - I am learning to stay in the "sweet spot" of the camera. Auto exposure especially is the killer (going from darkness to bright - you can see that the meter simply lags - but if you plan the shots, it is acceptable. I am very satisfied with the 4k video and color saturation, but am still learning to have smooth pans like the more experienced pilots do. Anyway - just wanted to post some footage of my Mavic Pro in case it helps. Cheers, from Seattle.

Hi!

great with some input from an actuall owner :)

well.. have you been trying that "tripod mode", for smother shots?

the size is the most important, cause how good your drone might shot, it wont matter if its to bulky to take with you..

especially im going to use in at summer, in the archipelago here, shoting beaches, and landscaping, always when its bright and sunny to!

what do you think of the "out of the box" experience of the videoquality? does it need to be edited, or is it acceptable to just post online on youtube?

soft focus to the left of the image?

well i dont intend to be flying when its colder then +5 at least!

hmm.. "cant get beyond 100m through infinity" ? dont really understand that sentence..

In cold conditions, focus will be close in - anything over 100m or so away will be out-of-focus.

Below about -3°C, the left 1/3 of the image is slightly soft. Above -3°C, it is even.

I believe some part in the camera is a very tight fit and that with the cold there is contraction and it starts to rub and eventually stop the focus movement.

It's not a huge thing - but I would never sell anything without disclosing any issues.

I was thinking about getting this for multiple charging, what du you think?

Dual USB 5 in 1 Battery Power Bank Fast AC Charger for DJI Mavic Pro Quadcopter | eBay

also.. is there any solution on how to charge batteries straight from a powerbank of 10000mah?
or should i just use it to power my phone - or if possible the remote to the mavic?

The Fly More kit has a hub that charges up to 4 batteries sequentially - most charged first, then 2nd most charged and so on. If you really need all 3 "juiced" at once, then a 3rd party device like the one linked will do it. The price seems cheap ... too cheap?

The Fly More kit has a hub that charges up to 4 batteries sequentially - most charged first, then 2nd most charged and so on. If you really need all 3 "juiced" at once, then a 3rd party device like the one linked will do it. The price seems cheap ... too cheap?

well im just trying to save some cash right now..

i got the drone NIB for 11200SKR (that's about $1100)

and ive picked up a nice bag on ebay for about $20, also some blades for $15, and a new battery for $90, carcharger $15, and this charger for $50

summons it up to about $1290 - the retailprice for almost the same package is about $1400 - so i will save about $110 total

hmm.. well, now i noticed that i can get the whole "fly more combo" with all accesories, and 3 batteries for about $1200 total include shipping

now the question is.. is it any safe way to avoid it getting caught in customs, and getting a lot of tax?

In cold conditions, focus will be close in - anything over 100m or so away will be out-of-focus.

Below about -3°C, the left 1/3 of the image is slightly soft. Above -3°C, it is even.

I believe some part in the camera is a very tight fit and that with the cold there is contraction and it starts to rub and eventually stop the focus movement.

It's not a huge thing - but I would never sell anything without disclosing any issues.
They do say not to fly it below 32F I believe.

I have Phantom 4 and Mavic. I absolutely love the portability of the Mavic. On the hand I like the visibility of the big ole Phantom when flying. Moderate quality images are fine for me so if I had to select one it would be the Mavic. Get the fly-more package. The case, extra batteries, quad battery charger and case are excellent. Love flying these things.

Also, I went right ahead and updated the firmware and DJI Go app and had no problems.

Just put down the order for the Mavic!

Been thinking about it a while.. but thank's to you guys, im convinced that this will be great :)

I paied $1200 total, include shipping - get 2pcs of batteries, DJI carrying-bag, 2 sets of blades, car-charger, charging-hub, powerbank, and much more..

btw.. whats the powerbank really for? Is it for charging the batteries on the go?

They do say not to fly it below 32F I believe.

True - but many are flying to -10°C and some to -20°C w/o issues other than battery temp warnings on occasion. It's not optimal - but with care, very feasible. Keep batteries warm and don't dawdle getting it into the air where current draw helps to warm the batts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky