DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can I fly further than restricted area?

kykayak

Reactions
Loving my Mavic, I have beginner mode turned off however when I get out to about a mile it tells me max distance reached. I'm sure there is a way to fly out further, how do I set that up? Also I have Litchi, should I use litchi more to learn it? Will litchi or DJI app allow me to fly above the 400 ft limit if I ever need to? Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Really?!...

d2ed18895242f1c23140f60883e5d67c.jpg

Really what? I'm taking it to an overlook tomorrow at red river gorge where I have a great line of sight. I want to fly 2 or 3 miles away to look at some points. The 400 ft ceiling thing I'm fine with I know it's the law, but why am I limited to 1 mile on distance?

Reactions: cheef
Lol you can see the Mavic over 1 mile away?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Romi
Will litchi or DJI app allow me to fly above the 400 ft limit if I ever need to? Thanks for the help!

My previous post was an answer to your 3rd question!

If you are ok with the height restriction and acknowledge that is THE LAW then why ask that! (Rhetorical question)

Sure @msinger or other will help you with the rest of your questions

Happy flying!

Reactions: gene92009
Loving my Mavic, I have beginner mode turned off however when I get out to about a mile it tells me max distance reached. I'm sure there is a way to fly out further, how do I set that up? Also I have Litchi, should I use litchi more to learn it? Will litchi or DJI app allow me to fly above the 400 ft limit if I ever need to? Thanks for the help!

Even with beginner mode off you can still have the max flight distance enabled.

Forgive that I posted the 400 ft law breaking question, I just want to know how I fly past the 1 mile. Don't think that's so bad to ask a forum covered in videos showing distance. It has a 4.3 mile range, so why limit at 1 mile?

Reactions: cheef
If this is enabled you will have a max flight distance set to the numbers shown below the switch.

QUOTE="kykayak, post: 33189, member: 258"]So I go in and try to find max flight distance and switch to off?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• IMG_2511.JPG
    IMG_2511.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Reactions: kiteboy

dronep2.gif 1f99m0.jpg

Mines showing a little bit different, drone is NOT connected, however here's how my screen looks on my iPhone 7. Max flight distance is turned off.
9504351de93f62d47bb18c540e056ab9.jpg

So true... poor guy asked for help and all he gets is trolled.

He didn't get trolled!

I ask if he was for real!

He said why I ask

I explain

He then correct what he asked and that was it!

That's why I posted with a funny pic! I really think that some people here (not referring to anyone in particular) needs to chill a lot down!

Mines showing a little bit different, drone is NOT connected, however here's how my screen looks on my iPhone 7. Max flight distance is turned off.
9504351de93f62d47bb18c540e056ab9.jpg

You need to connect to the drone! Those settings are saved directly to the drone! That's probably why you are seeing it off

Reactions: Jixxer
Worked perfect! Connected to the Mavic and opened the app and there it was! Had access to everything I was looking for! Thanks again all and even for the laughs! The prone police pic is classic! Love it!

Reactions: Richard in Ky
Really what? I'm taking it to an overlook tomorrow at red river gorge where I have a great line of sight. I want to fly 2 or 3 miles away to look at some points. The 400 ft ceiling thing I'm fine with I know it's the law, but why am I limited to 1 mile on distance?

I have flown my Phantoms at Slade Ky which the Red River Gouge is part of, be careful the 400 ft ceiling may not be enough. Some of the hills are 600 to 700 ft tall, the Mavic looks at where you take off from as "0" height if you are on top of a hill you will be ok but if you are down by the river bed you could get in a bad situation. One thing a lot of people don't seem to be aware of is that these drones do not drop down when engaging return to home. They will only go to the set point if they are flying lower when return to home is engaged. Your best friend is Google earth. You can look at the area you want to fly and you can drag the cursor around and it will show the actual heights of hill and valleys. Plus use a lot of tool to measure distances. What part of Ky are you from I am in the Frankfort area.
PS still waiting on my Mavic but I finally got my shipping number after ordering on 9/27/2016.

Hey Richard! Appreciate the info! I live in Paris, KY. 15 miles north of Lexington. I enjoy hiking and paddling all over Kentucky and surrounding states. I go to the gorge quite a bit. Love hiking all over that place. Also enjoy the Big South Fork on the KY / TN border. I ordered on 10/01 from DroneNerds and just received my Mavic yesterday so hopefully yours comes soon! We should get together on day and get our birds in the sky! Here's my number 859-583-2313. Feel free to call or text anytime!

You're quite brave listing your phone number and area where you live after having admitted you plan to fly illegally over a distance bvlos. I'm sure you will get a knock on your door from the FAA. I would suggest you remove your phone number now and any reference to your location.
Flying over a mile away is illegal and dangerous. Do you have insurance in case it hits somebody?
I'm hoping you will be smart and walk your **** drone to within 500 metres of where you want to fly so you can at least have a chance to see it.
Fly safe and do not incriminate yourself by posting on YouTube.The FAA has a team of people hunting down people who post on YouTube, Vimeo and social media!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead