DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just joined to see if you all can help.

Lowell Crabb

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro that I inherited and have flown a few hours with. Unfortunately I crashed it (not the 1st time) last week and the end result was a broken prop (easy fix) and a severed gimbal cable and torn mount. After watching several youTube videos on cable replacement, I ordered the needed parts and waited. When they arrived, I began the process while trying to video my disassembly. I soon gave up on the video and had it back together in about 4 hours. 1st test and no GPS. I thought I had carefully plugged it in but upon disassembly, it was unplugged. This time when it was back together, it has a vision system error. 3rd disassembly found 2 connectors not plugged in. Reassembled and now finally, no error codes showing.
Hope to fly tomorrow when the wind goes down.

Welcome aboard!

Very brave of you to attempt the repair yourself and I am impressed you got her in tip top shape. So 6hrs and $70 in parts got you airborne... not bad as it seems you enjoy putting things together. You will find the forum is a fine place were you can find answers to any question you may have, post your videos and oodles of info.

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome aboard!

Very brave of you to attempt the repair yourself and I am impressed you got her in tip top shape. So 6hrs and $70 in parts got you airborne... not bad as it seems you enjoy putting things together. You will find the forum is a fine place were you can find answers to any question you may have, post your videos and oodles of info.
Actual parts were closer to $25. I went the cheapo route this time even though it has burned me before. I am a retired farmer who has learned to wear many hats during my career.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I have a Mavic Pro that I inherited and have flown a few hours with. Unfortunately I crashed it (not the 1st time) last week and the end result was a broken prop (easy fix) and a severed gimbal cable and torn mount. After watching several youTube videos on cable replacement, I ordered the needed parts and waited. When they arrived, I began the process while trying to video my disassembly. I soon gave up on the video and had it back together in about 4 hours. 1st test and no GPS. I thought I had carefully plugged it in but upon disassembly, it was unplugged. This time when it was back together, it has a vision system error. 3rd disassembly found 2 connectors not plugged in. Reassembled and now finally, no error codes showing.
Welcome !

Actual parts were closer to $25. I went the cheapo route this time even though it has burned me before. I am a retired farmer who has learned to wear many hats during my career.

First off welcome to the forum :)

It's well known that farmers are some of the smartest and most talented people on the planet... you've got to be a farmer, an accountant, a soil expert, a transportation expert, mechanic (able to work on and fix just about anything and everything that moves or should move) and so much more. To say that I'm impressed with farmers is an understatement.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Hope it all works for you, fly safe and have fun!

Welcome! Great job on the repairs! I'm impressed!

Welcome to the Forum from the Nature Coast of Florida! Take advantage of this Forum and read it everyday. I do, like the daily newspaper. There is much to learn from hear. Questions? If you can't find it, ask!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki