DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just need to vent. Horrible CS

Regarding warranty repair

Do they fix the unit sent back, send a new unit or a used one ?

I'll keep updating on mine with pictures so everyone can see how tough of a time THEY may have

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

All these negative CS stories are making me paranoid as f..k.

I sent mine back for warranty for video issues. I specified I wanted my unit repaired or replaced.

I hope they Do not send a refurbished unit.

All these negative CS stories are making me paranoid as f..k.

I sent mine back for warranty for video issues. I specified I wanted my unit repaired or replaced.

I hope they Do not send a refurbished unit.

I told them that as well lol ohh boy

I didn't pay that price. That was the amount on the invoice. It applied my refresh payment of $79 and had a total balance due of $0. All I paid was $79. The chat Rep said that I should have received a new MP when asked.

Care Refresh does not guarantee a new unit. It guarantees a replacement unit that is equivalent to new (ie: refurbished).

To me that means one that is made of old parts and new, and all tested to new condition. Should also be cleaned up and the paint touched up (IMO).

From the Care Refresh FAQ's #1: Quote / ...you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. / end Quote.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
I purchased the Mavic recently to capture footage of the numerous Mardi Gras parades and events this season. I had contacted numerous parading associations and had worked out a deal to provide exclusive coverage of their parades and had coordinated with local law enforcement to do this safely and legally. There are over 20 parades and events that I had planned to cover. These events began last week and continue for another week. I have already missed two parades and will miss 4 more this weekend if I do not get a working aircraft by Saturday morning.

On Friday, January 13th, I had a 20ft discrepancy in altitude during a WP mission and clipped a treetop with my Mavic. I was not really happy with the inaccurate altitude reading. Flight logs show an altitude of 100ft when I hit a 75ft tree. The gimbal was trashed along with bent arms, a broken battery and multiple errors so I had to send my MP into DJI for repairs.

My MP was received, evaluated and I received a quote quickly for $999 or I could use my refresh. In the interest of saving time I did not dispute and I paid my replacement fee immediately expecting a quick return of a new MP but it got held up for days in repair and testing which I don’t quite understand because it was to be replaced under refresh not repaired. Then it went through QC. I finally received my replacement on February 8th. It was not packaged well. They just stuck another MP in the box i sent them with none of the extra protective packageing. The whole unit was somewhat dirty with none of the protective stickers and looked well used. The controller battery was completely dead. After charging the controller I turned it on. The gimble wouldn't initialize and showed motor overload error. The settings still had someone else's name and flight data. I did all the calibrations and updates with no improvement.

I do not understand why I received a broken used Mavic. When I received a quote for repair, the invoice said the cost was $999.00 which is the retail price for a new aircraft with new battery (mine was damaged in crash) and controller. It was not an invoice for a refurbished unit or a new aircraft by itself, it was an invoice for a complete new Mavic at $999 (I guess mine was totalled)
I did not receive a new aircraft as the invoice indicated that I would, nor did I receive an aircraft that was tested and working even though it was supposedly repaired, tested and checked by QC according to their site.

I got on chat to explain the situation to the rep who was very nice. They apologized and said they would open an escalated case and stated they would email me a 2day Air return label within 2 days. A glimmer of hope, but 2 days later nothing. I got back on chat and received the label during the chat session after complaining. I also called and spoke with DJI and stressed the importance of having a working MP before the 19th. He said the case was already accelerated and he would make a note that I needed it by the 17th. I Had it to UPS within 30min. Because of the weekend, it took 4 days. It was delivered there Tuesday morning at 9:25am and was not "received" until late Wednesday after I got back on chat and asked why it was taking so long. What is the use of a 2day priority shipment if you let it sit for 2 days before opening it? Last night I received another email from DJI saying that the damage has been assessed and that I could expect an invoice in two to three days. An invoice? For what? DJI sent me a broken drone! And why will it take 2 or 3 days? I thought escalating a claim meant something.

I was initially happy that the rep escalated the claim and I had high hopes of getting it back in time but after the slow processing of the label, it just sitting there for two days waiting to be received and now being expected to wait 2-3 more days before anything else is done, I am becoming disheartened and my hopes are dwindling. I spent a lot of time effort and money setting these shoots up. I have already missed 2 parades and it looks like I'm going to miss them all. Is this typical accelerated service? I love DJI products and was going to use the revenue from this series of shoots to purchase an Inspire2 but I am very unhappy with the service so far and am now rethinking my plans.

I emailed support this morning again stressing the bad position they placed me in and have not heard anything. They could have done the right thing and overnighted me a new MP but nothing but silence! I will be glad when other companies catch up on technology and offer us some choices.

I hate to put it this way, but a photographer going to do those events would have at least 2 bodies (probably 3) and a pile of lenses, a couple flashes, etc..

You had one MP to cover all of your events.

I wrote a similar story about my horrible experience with dji customer service in california. The manager told me yesterday that they don't have any new mavic at hand and no real parts for repair. They are waiting on a shipment. You can read my post from earlier this morning

Looks like Warranty repairs can also get used parts

Excert from Warranty info. Not sure 100% that they aren't talking about refresh below though .

Product and Part Replacement
When after-sales service involves the replacement of a product or part, the replaced product or part becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product or part becomes your property. Only unaltered DJI products and parts are eligible for replacement.
While a product or part replaced by DJI may not be new, it will be in good working order and functionally equivalent to the original product or part. The replacement product or part will be covered under warranty for the remainder of the original product’s warranty.

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

I hate to put it this way, but a photographer going to do those events would have at least 2 bodies (probably 3) and a pile of lenses, a couple flashes, etc..

You had one MP to cover all of your events.
Give me a break, I'm not a professional photographer, this is a side thing that I'm trying out. Have part 107 and connections with MG people and thought there should be some great shots never captured before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Give me a break, I'm not a professional photographer, this is a side thing that I'm trying out. Have part 107 and connections with MG people and thought there should be some great shots never captured before.

I'm in complete sympathy with your situation, so this is not meant to address that; while the use of a VO is optional in Part 107, flying along city streets would dictate the use of a VO by any prudent pilot. And your tree encounter may not have happened if you'd had one. My encouraging words are; jump back into the game as soon as possible and learn from this experience. And Best of Luck!

Reactions: jdcntulsa
They did the same thing to me only I didnt have dji care. They gave me a discount on a $999 mavic and sent me the drone only. Nothing else. Im waiting for resolution but they are really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I can tell you from experience that the altitude is always overstated so dont rely on it. Mine has been off by 60-70 feet. Showing 60 feet on the monitor after landing

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That altitude difference really threw me. Prior to the accident I assumed it would be somewhat close maybe 10ft either way. After having the incident and researching I have found not to rely on the altitude reading. They really don't explain that. I flew the area and knew 75ft was good, I added 20 and set WP altitude to 95ft but at time of incident it read 100ft. I was tweaking in a mission trying to get closer and more presice and pushed the edge a little too much. Another foot higher I would have missed it. This was a huge learning experience and I will allow for altitude variance and make sure I don't lose visual.

Reactions: brianwrussell
Just got an email from DJI saying that repairs will be covered under warranty and to allow 3-5 days for repairs. This is my problem and maybe I'm crazy but I don't want this one fixed. I know this is someone else's and not mine or a new one. Kinda loses something. Lol It's like getting a dog named Fred and trying to call him Spike. He'll always be Fred no matter how many times you call him Spike. Maybe it's just my OCD.

Also a footnote on altitude .
The altitude is always on takeoff location so if there is a 25 ft gradient a 75ft tree would be at 100 ft to the mavic .
It's easy to think 100 ft hight is going to be 100ft above ground level but it isn't .
It is 100ft above take off location .
I recently got very confused because I took of about 200 ft above what I was taking pictures of so my mavic was showing -150 ft , there was also a hill to my left that raised annother 100 ft and all this was at night .

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bursky
I purchased the Mavic recently to capture footage of the numerous Mardi Gras parades and events this season. I had contacted numerous parading associations and had worked out a deal to provide exclusive coverage of their parades and had coordinated with local law enforcement to do this safely and legally. There are over 20 parades and events that I had planned to cover. These events began last week and continue for another week. I have already missed two parades and will miss 4 more this weekend if I do not get a working aircraft by Saturday morning.

On Friday, January 13th, I had a 20ft discrepancy in altitude during a WP mission and clipped a treetop with my Mavic. I was not really happy with the inaccurate altitude reading. Flight logs show an altitude of 100ft when I hit a 75ft tree. The gimbal was trashed along with bent arms, a broken battery and multiple errors so I had to send my MP into DJI for repairs.

My MP was received, evaluated and I received a quote quickly for $999 or I could use my refresh. In the interest of saving time I did not dispute and I paid my replacement fee immediately expecting a quick return of a new MP but it got held up for days in repair and testing which I don’t quite understand because it was to be replaced under refresh not repaired. Then it went through QC. I finally received my replacement on February 8th. It was not packaged well. They just stuck another MP in the box i sent them with none of the extra protective packageing. The whole unit was somewhat dirty with none of the protective stickers and looked well used. The controller battery was completely dead. After charging the controller I turned it on. The gimble wouldn't initialize and showed motor overload error. The settings still had someone else's name and flight data. I did all the calibrations and updates with no improvement.

I do not understand why I received a broken used Mavic. When I received a quote for repair, the invoice said the cost was $999.00 which is the retail price for a new aircraft with new battery (mine was damaged in crash) and controller. It was not an invoice for a refurbished unit or a new aircraft by itself, it was an invoice for a complete new Mavic at $999 (I guess mine was totalled)
I did not receive a new aircraft as the invoice indicated that I would, nor did I receive an aircraft that was tested and working even though it was supposedly repaired, tested and checked by QC according to their site.

I got on chat to explain the situation to the rep who was very nice. They apologized and said they would open an escalated case and stated they would email me a 2day Air return label within 2 days. A glimmer of hope, but 2 days later nothing. I got back on chat and received the label during the chat session after complaining. I also called and spoke with DJI and stressed the importance of having a working MP before the 19th. He said the case was already accelerated and he would make a note that I needed it by the 17th. I Had it to UPS within 30min. Because of the weekend, it took 4 days. It was delivered there Tuesday morning at 9:25am and was not "received" until late Wednesday after I got back on chat and asked why it was taking so long. What is the use of a 2day priority shipment if you let it sit for 2 days before opening it? Last night I received another email from DJI saying that the damage has been assessed and that I could expect an invoice in two to three days. An invoice? For what? DJI sent me a broken drone! And why will it take 2 or 3 days? I thought escalating a claim meant something.

I was initially happy that the rep escalated the claim and I had high hopes of getting it back in time but after the slow processing of the label, it just sitting there for two days waiting to be received and now being expected to wait 2-3 more days before anything else is done, I am becoming disheartened and my hopes are dwindling. I spent a lot of time effort and money setting these shoots up. I have already missed 2 parades and it looks like I'm going to miss them all. Is this typical accelerated service? I love DJI products and was going to use the revenue from this series of shoots to purchase an Inspire2 but I am very unhappy with the service so far and am now rethinking my plans.

I emailed support this morning again stressing the bad position they placed me in and have not heard anything. They could have done the right thing and overnighted me a new MP but nothing but silence! I will be glad when other companies catch up on technology and offer us some choices.

I completely echo your comments. I too had to send in my drone after an indoor flyaway. I created the case and was told wait 2 days for the shipping label, 2 days just for that! And like you on the 3rd day and still no shipping label I uncorked on support and got the label and shipped it that day. I live only 30 miles from the Carson Ca repair location and could have driven it there faster. Anyway, I got confirmation from UPS that it was delivered and signed for on 2/10, but never received an e-mail from DJI and the web portal still didn't show it as received. Finally after again pushing support on numerous e-mails I got an update that it was received and checked in, but this was on 2/16, so my MP basically has sat there with no activity for 6 days. At this point I'm looking to just return this and ask for my money back. It literally crashed15min into first flight. Never had problems with phantom 3

I'm not berating you just pointing out the facts - even amateurs covering events have several bodies, etc. (sometimes make the pros look lean and mean...)

You had a bad experience with the one Mavic you have. The Mavic is a consumer recreational device that is both new in service and has had huge market intro delays due to demand and issues at DJI. Bumpy road for all - we're all on pins and needles with this thing and DJI's spotty (to be kind) CS.

Wow, one reason I participate in these forums is to learn from others mistakes, triumphs and experiences. I can relate to this thread, having a $1200 dollar drone fly off over the Gulf of Mexico with my $400 GoPro, never to be seen again. I've been extra careful with my MP, but after reading this will be contacting my insurance company for both loss replacement and liability coverage. Thanks for sharing your experiences and hope you're back up and flying soon, I'll be watching for that parade footage!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21