DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Labeling Your Mavic Air

JSKCKNIT

Reactions
I haven't seen a thread on this so I thought I'd share what I did to label my Mavic Air.

I was watching someone's MA video on YouTube and noticed they had their registration number on a label on top their drone. I really didn't like the look of it. I had some 1/4" label tape and noticed that it fits nearly perfect above the battery clasp and doesn't take away from the beauty of the aircraft! I put my phone number on one side and my FAA registration number on the other side. Brothers also has black tape so you can do black background with white lettering.

Hope this helps.

Corey
20180213_090653.jpg 20180213_090701.jpg

I have a white FAA label (black number) on the battery on the bottom. It doesn’t take away from the beauty of my white MA.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I like to see my labels either, so I placed my registration number on this label and attached it inside of the battery compartment.

Label.jpg

I printed out the little card from the FAA site. I trimmed the edges and just laid the whole card in the battery tray. It has my name, serial number, FAA number and expiration date. I figured that it might help me if I am approached by anyone questioning my right to fly. I just pop out the battery and show them the official FAA card. I'm thinking about sticking it down with a dab of glue stick.

As per FAA you can place registration anywhere as long as it does not require any tools to get to it. As the matter of fact FAA investigator recommended placing a sticker on the inside of battery compartment. So that is precisely what I did. It is out of the way and elements, and if anyone needs to see registration all they have to do is remove the battery.

As per FAA you can place registration anywhere as long as it does not require any tools to get to it.
You got it. The FAA created this document that explains how to label a drone with an FAA registration number.

Reactions: SpitFire
Where did you get that label?
I registered all my aircrafts here: Safe-Drone.com
From that website you can order your labels.

Note: i am located in Germany. I don't know to what countries they ship to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EwaKrzyzanowska