DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was flying my drone about 2500 feet away from me and suddenly I lost complete connection with the drone . The controller tried to reconnect but never did .I pressed the return to home but it never came back. Controller still saying connecting .not sure what to do any help would be appreciated

Just bought it last Saturday [emoji22]

Same thing happened to me yesterday
My drone crashed into a cliff after it just flew away when it lost connection

we buy these cameras to fly where it's impossible for a regular camera to go to .why would you fly this thing just around you in that case buy a toy ..maybe if you live in the middle of nowhere where there is really anything interesting to film .
The point is that it's common for any technical device to have a higher "early failure rate", where manufacturing or other defects show up in the first few hours of operation. So many will want to keep it safe for a few hours until they've gained enough confidence that it won't fail on them.

Reactions: _milo_
So I was flying my drone about 2500 feet away from me and suddenly I lost complete connection with the drone . The controller tried to reconnect but never did .I pressed the return to home but it never came back. Controller still saying connecting .not sure what to do any help would be appreciated

I had a similar incident on March 1st at roughly the same distance when I lost connection then briefly reconnected before losing connection again. I have DJI Care but after sending the logs they state it was pilot error as it shows joy stick control used to descend the drone and ultimately send it into water. For me it seems crazy as I had no connection on the phone or controller, obstacle avoidance should have stopped a water landing and more to the point the duration of connection loss should have initiated a RTH.

Have you checked the logs on you phone to see the last recorded location?

Sorry it's not good news as mine was only a few months old but hardly used as I was waiting on decent weather as I live in Scotland.

Good luck anyway!

What about that keep in sight bit? Also new pilot that for the first year my logbook reads Insight travel only.

Reactions: Bubz7471
Dude I do it all the time with my p4 , we buy these cameras to fly where it's impossible for a regular camera to go to .why would you fly this thing just around you in that case buy a toy ..maybe if you live in the middle of nowhere where there is really anything interesting to film . We buy expensive stuff and fly over water because they are smart and shouldn't lose signal. I wasn't on sport mode since I was filming whales and dolphins
Ya well.... Sheet happens

Does this answer your concern,
And yes I have to send all original stuff such as the controller and charger
a0f52f12bdca464bb53f6ea0a5d4b9b1.jpg
Just a heads up, check with amazon that they are not expecting the actual drone back. Mate of mine had a similar issue. When they got the box without the drone they called him and asked him to ship it back as well.... Needless to say he was not happy

I was just taking a quick look to see if there was any unusual looking activity. Still struggling to see how it just flew away. Did you do a compass calibration first?

I was just taking a quick look to see if there was any unusual looking activity. Still struggling to see how it just flew away. Did you do a compass calibration first?
What activity? We have no flight log.

Wow, i read from the first page all the way here hoping the flight log will show on one of the post but nothing. Like watching a favorite tv show and have to wait next week to know whats going to happen.

Reactions: HueJorgan
51 posts and no log after the first post already asked for it..
I am constantly bemused by the number of "lost drones" for which the owners seem incapable of uploading the flightlog.txt After a while I start wondering if this is because these peeps are aware that the loss is indeed because of pilot error, or at least suspicious that it may be, and are reluctant to have their "loss" scrutinised?

I am not saying that this particular case falls into any bracket but it seems like the norm today to go on forums or post YouTube videos that make claims that a product is faulty and that's why mine broke. The people then hope that the thread or video gains traction and sympathy so that they can send the link to a CSR agent as leverage to get a refund or new product. For anybody even remotely thinking about trying one of those with Amazon, your going to find they are absolutely unmovable when it comes to staying on script.

For Example I bought my Nikon D500 DSLR in November 2016 and just one week later Nikon offered the same package I got plus an additional $460 Battery Grip for free to all dealers including Amazon and BH etc.

As a good Amazon customer I called them and asked if I could just get the Battery Grip. They told me NO right off the bat. I asked for a supervisor and he told me just send back the camera under the 30 day A-Z guarantee and then order a new one.

I asked him if I could speak to the head supervisor. After a 20 minute hold I got him. We talked for 45 minutes and got along great, we our still sort of friends today in that he gave me his personal company email address and I have corresponded with him when I have major problems.

Anyway I asked him why would they want me to send back the whole Camera Bundle which already looks used and then Amazon gets stuck with it as a warehouse deal and have to refund me all my money, just so I can get the same camera with the free Grip. It makes no sense, just send me the Grip, save yourselves some money, I don't want to send back a working Camera, it's bad Karma!

He said to me that he totally agrees but Amazon has given them some strict guidelines that they have to follow, they always try to put the customer first so they are offering me the 30 return option but beyond that they will not waiver from the rule book no matter what the situation. Anyway I needed my Camera for a trip and I was not interested enough in the Grip to do without having the Camera for the trip, so I just kept it. Plus I really felt like if I sent it back I might some how be sending back an A1 camera and end up with a lemon as ironic punishment.

I went to DPreview forum and wow there where several people in the same boat as me. Most seemed to be sending theirs back to Amazon and B&H and then selling the Grip out of the replacement package on eBay.

Good luck to all those that think they are going to send back a box without the Drone to Amazon. Your going to find your credit card billed almost instantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyberpower678
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee