DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not is just annoying , how everyone here just jumps down your throat . Thank you man . I'm glad amazon is sending me a new one arriving weds. But according to the other guy who never heard of such thing... like he knows it all, that's the kinda stuff that annoying.
Well, I'd like to think I'm here to help. If you could upload your TXT flight log, maybe I can help identify it's current whereabouts. Then you'll have 2 Mavics. :D

Glad you have a solution in place. I would never have thought Amazon would replace it like that, but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

You really should upload your logs. I lost my Mavic a month ago, and while I found it several days later, uploading my logs to this forum allowed me to hear everyone else's thoughts and figure out what most likely happened. If you don't know what went wrong, you'll never be comfortable flying when your new drone shows up. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
I waited a month before I had the nerve to send it out over my lake. No heavy winds, good visibility so I could see it the entire time, I pre-planned my flight, got up, sent it out, video'd the island and returned. My batteries are known good, No lingering, no sport mode, everything working right, got off the water with over 50% battery. So yeah, I kinda agree, but hey it's your money...have fun with it.

80% of my flighhts have been over the water. I think its much more intresting IMHO. If its going to fail is going to fail. If i cannot recover it I will buy another one, simple.

Does this answer your concern,
And yes I have to send all original stuff such as the controller and charger
a0f52f12bdca464bb53f6ea0a5d4b9b1.jpg

Amazon will ship you out a new product once you make a claim. If they do not receive back the original item within a certain period of time they will charge your credit card for a second Mavic.
While I would be happy for you if this worked, it would be highly unusual based on returns I have done in the past. Think about it, anyone could just claim they lost a drone and your saying Amazon would just replace it for free?

What I do know for sure is that when they get back your package it will be inspected and they will review your claim status. If they do not feel that they have any responsibility for the product flying off they will bill your credit card for the replacement unit.

This is absolutely the reason I bought this toy.
yes me too, and bearing in mind he has been flying a P4 its not like he is not used to Drones.

one thing at that height did you have the VPS on or off? Upload those logs if anyone can tell you what happened its msinger

Well, I'd like to think I'm here to help. If you could upload your TXT flight log, maybe I can help identify it's current whereabouts. Then you'll have 2 Mavics. :D
I don't know if I want to dive deep waters to recover it in Newport Beach. How do I upload files I want to know if the military choppers shut it down . Because I was just hovering waiting for them to pass by and then boom bird shut down .

Amazon will ship you out a new product once you make a claim. If they do not receive back the original item within a certain period of time they will charge your credit card for a second Mavic.
While I would be happy for you if this worked, it would be highly unusual based on returns I have done in the past. Think about it, anyone could just claim they lost a drone and your saying Amazon would just replace it for free?

What I do know for sure is that when they get back your package it will be inspected and they will review your claim status. If they do not feel that they have any responsibility for the product flying off they will bill your credit card for the replacement unit.
Brother i just told you that I needed to send all other items back which I just did . I'm not trying to get a free drone. I was happy with my drone I pay my prime so I should get treated like a prime member . Love amazon , just because you have not heard of such a thing doesn't mean that it's not possible.

Reactions: Slantnose79
I don't know if I want to dive deep waters to recover it in Newport Beach. How do I upload files I want to know if the military choppers shut it down . Because I was just hovering waiting for them to pass by and then boom bird shut down .
You can upload your flight log by following the instruction here.

I'm not is just annoying , how everyone here just jumps down your throat . Thank you man . I'm glad amazon is sending me a new one arriving weds. But according to the other guy who never heard of such thing... like he knows it all, that's the kinda stuff that annoying.

Don't sweat those that do not know what they are talking about. I had purchased a P3P and I screwed up an antenna upgrade. (Both purchased through Amazon Prime.) Before I even sent back the P3P,...they had a new one on it's way. I usually have about 200 orders per year with Amazon. Spend 10's of thousands of dollars with them every year. If you are a good customer,.....Amazon will always take care of you.
And yes,.....we purchase these high end toys to take photos where and from angles we cannot attain with our DSLR's.

Brother i just told you that I needed to send all other items back which I just did . I'm not trying to get a free drone. I was happy with my drone I pay my prime so I should get treated like a prime member . Love amazon , just because you have not heard of such a thing doesn't mean that it's not possible.

I don't think they shut it down, and I will tell you why. I fly in government helicopters quite a few times a year. I am not a pilot, but ride in the front left seat (drivers side in a car). The subject of drones has come up numerous times, but never once has a pilot said the could disable it. The roto wash could definitely take it down though.

Don't sweat those that do not know what they are talking about. I had purchased a P3P and I screwed up an antenna upgrade. (Both purchased through Amazon Prime.) Before I even sent back the P3P,...they had a new one on it's way. I usually have about 200 orders per year with Amazon. Spend 10's of thousands of dollars with them every year. If you are a good customer,.....Amazon will always take care of you.
And yes,.....we purchase these high end toys to take photos where and from angles we cannot attain with our DSLR's.

Did you send back the screwed P3P in the box or without the P3P in the box?
I am not going to go into an amazon pissing contest, but needles to say I am a Prime member and have been on Amazon from the days when they mostly sold books. I have bought more stuff from them than you would probably believe and I have sent back several dozen items over the years. They always took care of me but I never sent back a box that did not contain the damaged or defective item. I find it hard to believe that any store is going to exchange an expensive item without getting back the defective one.

I purchased my Mavic on Amazon and after reading this thread I called them today and asked this hypothetical question to the CSR. She said that she would not completely rule out an exchange but she said on an item in this price range the chances are very slim. She further stated that the person returning the item would have to prove without a doubt that the drone had flown away due to a manufacturing defect, if not they will be billed for it. If you have any doubts I suggest you go to their help section and request a CSR call and ask them the same question.

And BTW I am not saying the OP is trying to get a free drone. I am just saying that if this is an actual Amazon policy towards the Mavic or any other high priced drone then Amazon better be prepared for tons of actual scammers to be claiming that theirs flew away.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackmadfy
I am not going to go into an amazon pissing contest, but needles to say I am a Prime member and have been on Amazon from the days when they mostly sold books. I have bought more stuff from them than you would probably believe and I have sent back several dozen items over the years. They always took care of me but I never sent back a box that did not contain the damaged or defective item. I find it hard to believe that any store is going to exchange an expensive item without getting back the defective one.

I purchased my Mavic on Amazon and after reading this thread I called them today and asked this hypothetical question to the CSR. She said that she would not completely rule out an exchange but she said on an item in this price range the chances are very slim. She further stated that the person returning the item would have to prove without a doubt that the drone had flown away due to a manufacturing defect, if not they will be billed for it. If you have any doubts I suggest you go to their help section and request a CSR call and ask them the same question.

I did send back the Phantom with the damaged controller. So yes,....they did get back the entire package. Albeit with drilled holes in the controller. And I have sent back hundreds of items over many years, (Yes,....when they were an upstart company that people said would never work because they were not brick and mortar) I spend roughly $40,000 a year for personal home use. So when I tell them a shipment is late and they owe me 10%,....they never bat an eye. As a matter of fact,....this years entire Prime is on them.
I would almost bet,....if I had lost a drone due to it being defective,...they would take care of me. Think about it,......If I destroy a drone by trying to upgrade it,...intentionally drill holes in it,....and they take it back., do you not feel that if I insist the product was defective,...they would go out of their way to try and satisfy a good customer.
I would never be deceptive and try and take advantage of such a situation. But if I spend a grand or more on something that did turn out to be defective and fly away,......I certainly expect to be compensated.
I do believe the flight logs could be uploaded to verify that the issue was with the drone. If the pilot did nothing wrong,....then I would expect Amazon whom represents DJI by selling their product to stand behind the product they sell. If Amazon gets enough complaints,....they could either quit selling DJI products or pressure DJI into fixing the underlying issue.

And BTW I am not saying the OP is trying to get a free drone. I am just saying that if this is an actual Amazon policy towards the Mavic or any other high priced drone then Amazon better be prepared for tons of actual scammers to be claiming that theirs flew away.
Hey man thanks for your interest and feedback maybe I took it the wrong way or felt that you were implying that I'm a scammer. I was on the phone with Amazon for over an hour. The representative contacted dji and we were on hold with them for about 30 min . He finally gave up on them and went to his superior to get the exchange approved . I explained to them that I was not a new pilot and that I have purchased a p4 from them and never had a problem with it so it was definitely not pilot error. He told me return what ever is left before 30 days . I will definitely contact them and make sure we're all on the same page . If they try to charge me I will fight them till the end . I spend thousands of dollars a month with them . Pretty much I order **** everyday big tickets items . So I don't think amazon is willing to lose a good customer for 900 bucks . They are in it for a long term . This is why I only buy expensive stuff from amazon and Costco no question about it . But I will keep you guys posted . Maybe you should wish me luck and the best instead of being so negative. Anyways thanks to all

Update I just contacted amazon and yup my return is in process with no worries .. I actually told them that I had the landing gear and a polar pro filter and lost as well and they refunded me my money and told me to keep the other 2 filters . Amazon is the best . I'm working on the logs please advise me on my other 2 questions

Last edited:
Reactions: Slantnose79
Just upload your flight log for msinger then you'll know where your old bird is

I agree with bemeis here. There are guys on here that once you upload that file can look at the info and logs and give you a pretty good idea of exactly where to find it. We have seen this time and time again. Msinger is top notch and will help you out immensely.

Reactions: grizzard
Would really be interesting for you to send in the logs. That might be beneficial to a lot of us.

I'm trying to send logs but I only show logs from 2016 which are from my phantom 4 would they be anywhere else

I've been working on trying to get this over but I'm not sure what to look for , can you guys help me out . For some reason I can't just select all

Reactions: jswinkos
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon