DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my drone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGSTALKS

Reactions
So I was flying my drone about 2500 feet away from me and suddenly I lost complete connection with the drone . The controller tried to reconnect but never did .I pressed the return to home but it never came back. Controller still saying connecting .not sure what to do any help would be appreciated

Just bought it last Saturday [emoji22]

Reactions: mkp2020
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Did you setup the Return To Home feature to return to takeoff position or to hover in place upon signal loss ?

Guys thanks so much for your responses.. I called amazon and they are going to replace it for me. Need to ship back all other items . If you guys purchase any of these products please do it through Amazon prime they are great [emoji3][emoji109]

Guys thanks so much for your responses.. I called amazon and they are going to replace it for me. Need to ship back all other items . If you guys purchase any of these products please do it through Amazon prime they are great [emoji3][emoji109]
Great to hear, but we can still probably help you with your current Mavic.

Yes I had the return to home set up. I own a p4 and never ever had a problem. I had over 75% battery life on drone . Like if it turned off or something turned it off but I was in the ocean with no WiFi around . I was only like 20 feet high how ever some military choppers flew by can they have shut it down?
Did you setup the Return To Home feature to return to takeoff position or to hover in place upon signal loss ?

Yes I had the return to home set up. I own a p4 and never ever had a problem. I had over 75% battery life on drone . Like if it turned off or something turned it off but I was in the ocean with no WiFi around . I was only like 20 feet high how ever some military choppers flew by can they have shut it down?

Well, now you definitely need to upload your flight log. It would be interesting to see what happened in the last few seconds.

That said, if you're 20 feet off the water, in sport mode and pushing full out, it might have lost altitude and gone for a swim.

Reactions: mangospoops
It is amazing to me that people with a brand new $1000 Mavic insist on flying it over impossible to recover places before it is even a week old.

I think the OP is celebrating prematurely. I have never known Amazon to refund or replace items unless all the major parts are shipped back. I think they might not have understood that they will not be receiving back the drone and so the CSR just authorized a standard 30 day return.

Rob

It is amazing to me that people with a brand new $1000 Mavic insist on flying it over impossible to recover places before it is even a week old.
I waited a month before I had the nerve to send it out over my lake. No heavy winds, good visibility so I could see it the entire time, I pre-planned my flight, got up, sent it out, video'd the island and returned. My batteries are known good, No lingering, no sport mode, everything working right, got off the water with over 50% battery. So yeah, I kinda agree, but hey it's your money...have fun with it.

Dude I do it all the time with my p4 , we buy these cameras to fly where it's impossible for a regular camera to go to .why would you fly this thing just around you in that case buy a toy ..maybe if you live in the middle of nowhere where there is really anything interesting to film . We buy expensive stuff and fly over water because they are smart and shouldn't lose signal. I wasn't on sport mode since I was filming whales and dolphins

I think the OP is celebrating prematurely. I have never known Amazon to refund or replace items unless all the major parts are shipped back. I think they might not have understood that they will not be receiving back the drone and so the CSR just authorized a standard 30 day return.

Rob
Does this answer your concern,
And yes I have to send all original stuff such as the controller and charger
a0f52f12bdca464bb53f6ea0a5d4b9b1.jpg

When I came here for help was to see if any other people experience the same thing or advice on what to do . This forum is full of negativity. Msinger and the second guy were actually helping

Reactions: Loz and Correy
Just upload your flight log for msinger then you'll know where your old bird is

Reactions: BIGSTALKS
When I came here for help was to see if any other people experience the same thing or advice on what to do . This forum is full of negativity. Msinger and the second guy were actually helping

Don't let them get you down bigstalks. I do the overwhelming majority of my flying over marsh or ocean. I have no interest in flying over/filming farmland.

Don't let them get you down bigstalks. I do the overwhelming majority of my flying over marsh or ocean. I have no interest in flying over/filming farmland.
I'm not is just annoying , how everyone here just jumps down your throat . Thank you man . I'm glad amazon is sending me a new one arriving weds. But according to the other guy who never heard of such thing... like he knows it all, that's the kinda stuff that annoying.

Reactions: Correy and Five-O
Don't let people annoy you man. **** happens I wouldn't stress about it too hard since amazon is sending you a brand new one. I've flown over water many times without any issues..

I'm not is just annoying , how everyone here just jumps down your throat . Thank you man . I'm glad amazon is sending me a new one arriving weds. But according to the other guy who never heard of such thing... like he knows it all, that's the kinda stuff that annoying.

Amazon Prime is pretty awesome. I've also had great service with them replacing defective items. Sometimes they just let you keep the item and give a full refund. It's well worth the monthly fee. Unfortunately I didn't buy the Mavic through them as they had no stock. i think they have a lot of power over the companies that sell through them. Prime gives you more than just 2 day shipping. It's like extra insurance protection on the items you buy for a short window of time. In this case because the loss was so close to the purchase date, they replaced it. If in had been a longer period of time (more than 30 days likely) they wouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi