DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost mine too several weeks ago. I did up load my files and the good people here helped me locate the craft in a tree a few days later and also helped me determine the cause of the incident.
In case you didn't follow the thread on mine. The cause of my incident was determined to be a loose battery back. It operated find for over 5 minutes and then just suddenly lost total power. It fell into some trees from about 350 feet. Damage was minimal except to the gimbal of course. The battery was found detached below the tree. I messed around with it afterwards and found that most of the time the battery connection is very sound. However, it IS possible to get a battery connection and have the battery come loose.

Check that battery back extra closely. Give it a good tug before launching.

I read about so many Mavics that lose connection over water. Did you turn off Vision Positioning Sensor before flying over water?

I think the Mavic will shut itself down when the sensors, and number crunching don't add up. I think it's an unmentioned fail safe. More like the Blue Screen of Death (computer crash).

I think the Mavic will shut itself down when the sensors, and number crunching don't add up.
No, it definitely does not so.
Anyway - the OP either is busy or not interested to share additional information on his case after informing everyone how great Amazon is...

You got to be kidding me, read this in hopes to see what could of gone wrong. People amazes me sometimes, write a post stating lost my drone at 2500' and doesn't want to load simple flight log file to find out what happened. Operator error is what happened if ya ask me.

I read all posts where someone lost or crashed their drones. The information is invaluable because there is a lot to be learned. In my short time of being Mavic owner I have found that there are some really good guys on this site that want to help in the event of an accident. Thanks for doing that (You know who you are :))

That said there is a lot of negativity on sites but you have to have thick skin as its the nature of the beast being people don't usually go to any forum to post up good news they either want to complain or have a question.

I am however very curious on flying over water. I plan on a few island trips and want to know if this is a concern or if there are setting I should consider. I am not going to be hovering 6 feet about the water. These will be 50 meter up type of flights..

I read all posts where someone lost or crashed their drones. The information is invaluable because there is a lot to be learned. In my short time of being Mavic owner I have found that there are some really good guys on this site that want to help in the event of an accident. Thanks for doing that (You know who you are :))

That said there is a lot of negativity on sites but you have to have thick skin as its the nature of the beast being people don't usually go to any forum to post up good news they either want to complain or have a question.

I am however very curious on flying over water. I plan on a few island trips and want to know if this is a concern or if there are setting I should consider. I am not going to be hovering 6 feet about the water. These will be 50 meter up type of flights..

You'll be fine. I flew over an ocean with my Mavic, visiting the little islands of Thailand. It was a lot of fun, the scenery was great and most importantly, my little Mavic returned to me.

You'll be fine. I flew over an ocean with my Mavic, visiting the little islands of Thailand. It was a lot of fun, the scenery was great and most importantly, my little Mavic returned to me.

Yeah I figured as much but doesn't hurt to ask. Lots you can do with these things. I have flown over a few rivers with no issues. I do worry about line of sight however.

Thanks for the response.

now i think BIGSTALKS are an amazon worker. maybe hi's a marketing manager or something like that.

I agree with the post about the Mavic getting confused over water and going into auto land mode. This can be solved by turning off the Land Protection mode. To abort auto land you need to switch it into sport mode if in P mode (or S to P depending on the original mode) and you will regain control. Apparently over water the drone can think it is less than .5 meters off the ground even at altitude and start landing. Happened to me over a canal - I was able to fly sideways and crash onto the grass. Maybe the OP drone auto landed in the water and signal was lost once it was wet.

I've never heard of any place that will take back a return without the the main item. I'll be keeping on eye on this thread.

As this thread is just spinning wheels it's over till
@BIGSTALKS contacts me .

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member