DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

That will teach me to go with the lowest price and be the stereotypical tight Scotsman. I'll email them and confirm import duty. I did wonder when a guy from New York called me to update a few weeks back but they have a UK phone number and address in London so I'm hoping they'll import then ship within the UK.
good luck. Ultimately though what they tell you on import duty may not turn out to be the case. The chances are they will try to put it through at nominal (low) value, and hope nobody checks the parcel. But a) that is illegal and b) if it does get stopped, you'll be the one out of pocket, not them.

That will teach me to go with the lowest price and be the stereotypical tight Scotsman. I'll email them and confirm import duty. I did wonder when a guy from New York called me to update a few weeks back but they have a UK phone number and address in London so I'm hoping they'll import then ship within the UK.

Did you save much if you don't mind me asking?
Done a quick search and they seem to be £50 more expensive than rrp now

The London phone number is a virtual number - call is and you talk to the states. That's why you won't get through to them before 3pm as they are 5/6 hours behind!!
They have no warehouse or shop in U.K.

Be warned - and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good luck. Ultimately though what they tell you on import duty may not turn out to be the case. The chances are they will try to put it through at nominal (low) value, and hope nobody checks the parcel. But a) that is illegal and b) if it does get stopped, you'll be the one out of pocket, not them.

OK thanks. I had one of their managers direct email addresses and he's just responded stating that I'm not liable for any import fees so will hold them to that. If it turns up and the courier want payment then i'll be calling SLR HUT to pay or reject the order.

OK thanks. I had one of their managers direct email addresses and he's just responded stating that I'm not liable for any import fees so will hold them to that. If it turns up and the courier want payment then i'll be calling SLR HUT to pay or reject the order.

I bought a DSLR from them a couple of weeks ago, and there was no import duty. However I did get ripped off.....when they called me to confirm the order, they asked what type of battery I wanted. When I checked my order a couple of days later it was added on as an extra for £60 for a battery that retails for around £10-£15 !! But overall the price of the DSLR bundle i got was still a lot cheaper than the UK.

But as other guys have stated it is based in the US, so if you have problems with your Mavic.....its going to be a big pain sorting it out.

I just had an interesting chat with Amazon...
The support guy mentioned that Amazon UK fulfilment centre ran out of Mavics so orders are going to be shipped from some international warehouse, which apparently has received stock from DJI.
I find it reaaaaaaaally hard to believe, as I ordered on 21/10 and still see no date at all on my tracker, but according to the support guy I should received a Mavic in 2-3 working days o_O

I ordered the day after you did David and my order now says "No tracking information. We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon." I don't think it said that before..

I ordered the day after you did David and my order now says "No tracking information. We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon." I don't think it said that before..

Get outta here! For regular orders that's the status Amazon applies once payment is confirmed, but before they physically go grab the box from the shelf.

Did you order a FlyMore like me?
My order status hasn't changed :(

Yes, the combo. What does your order status say?

Just checked my card and that hasn't been charged yet. It's probably nothing to get excited about..

Same, still "Delivery date pending"

Yes I'm hoping for this to be true but not counting on it too much ..

Ah yes I see, same here:

amazonSG.jpg
P3XpDF

Reactions: Pedro
Hi, I ordered 5th Oct from SLR HUT. Any one else used them before?
A little ray of sun, I order an Inspire off them and all went well. I think it came from New York

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
I just had an interesting chat with Amazon...
The support guy mentioned that Amazon UK fulfilment centre ran out of Mavics so orders are going to be shipped from some international warehouse, which apparently has received stock from DJI.
I find it reaaaaaaaally hard to believe, as I ordered on 21/10 and still see no date at all on my tracker, but according to the support guy I should received a Mavic in 2-3 working days o_O

Try to speak again today...
I order same day as you, and i have no hope from what i've been told yesterday.
Representatives know very litle about this.
I asked to escalate my situation and regarding this, they told me that I'm in the top of the list, but also told me that:

"Once we receive an item it is dispatched according to the method you specify. We rely on the suppliers for up-to-date information regarding the availability of this item and unfortunately, that's all we have to go by.
I hope that you would understand that being the retailers we are totally dependent on our suppliers for the supply."

No date of delivering at all....
Either way i wish you the best luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev