DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

I'm hoping for the former but have a nagging feeling it will be the latter! Fingers crossed!!

I worry there are a collection of empty 'very' bags labelled up ready for the courier but no mavics to put in them!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yep, could be ,. LOL

Also YODEL know nothing about these tracking numbers, although I guess large retailers have a massive list of pre-authorised numbers, that could become active when the courier company scan them.

Anyway, if it doesn't come off tomorrow, it isn't the end of the world..

Yep, could be ,. LOL

Also YODEL know nothing about these tracking numbers, although I guess large retailers have a massive list of pre-authorised numbers, that could become active when the courier company scan them.

Anyway, if it doesn't come off tomorrow, it isn't the end of the world..

True. That effectively happened when Trump won.

Reactions: pensioner
Fresh in from Amazon UK:
The item is not in stock in Amazon yet. And we are awaiting for stock from the manufacturer. As soon as DJI will provide more stock the delivery date will be updated for your order.
And as I have analyzed due to high demand the manufacturer might take until 16 Jan for stock availability to get this order dispatch this order.

Seems like I got this all wrong.. other retailer I ordered from has no clue either.
Good thing though is that my obsession is dying out, and find myself checking a lot less lately :)

Fresh in from Amazon UK:
The item is not in stock in Amazon yet. And we are awaiting for stock from the manufacturer. As soon as DJI will provide more stock the delivery date will be updated for your order.
And as I have analyzed due to high demand the manufacturer might take until 16 Jan for stock availability to get this order dispatch this order.

Seems like I got this all wrong.. other retailer I ordered from has no clue either.
Good thing though is that my obsession is dying out, and find myself checking a lot less lately :)

Maybe amazon should order from Very!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VERY orders havent arrived yet.......

I cannot fathom how Very would be able to get their hands on these so soon. Hope it works out for you all who ordered from them, but don't be surprised if the date gets pushed back tomorrow when they realise that not a single Mavic has come in from China

I cannot fathom how Very would be able to get their hands on these so soon. Hope it works out for you all who ordered from them, but don't be surprised if the date gets pushed back tomorrow when they realise that not a single Mavic has come in from China

Yep, I think we're all fully prepared for, (and half expecting), that eventuality.

OK, get ready for some absolutely brilliant "information" from Maplin Customer Support. **Screen grab taken 2 mins ago**

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 13.20.15.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 13.20.15.png
    45 KB · Views: 70
I'm calling BS on that. Why would Maplin, a smaller UK player, know that, but nobody else. Seems more likely to be made up. Seems to be a common trait amongst bored CS reps.

OK, get ready for some absolutely brilliant "information" from Maplin Customer Support. **Screen grab taken 2 mins ago**

its a better explanation than any other i have seen.. give the man 10 out of 10 for creative thinking.. he he

trog

The problem I have is that its a blatant lie, damaging to his company and the supplier potentially.

Check out post #5 on the DJI forum about Very orders:

VERY.co.uk

We'll see but this wouldn't be a big surprise. Very poor if they've left it this late to inform us.

I agree, I've been watching this thread closely and it really did look like your Very orders were imminent. If that post above is true, that's diabolical service and is at best sloppy and at worst a blatant lie to keep people quiet.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I agree, I've been watching this thread closely and it really did look like your Very orders were imminent. If that post above is true, that's diabolical service and is at best sloppy and at worst a blatant lie to keep people quiet.
Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Tbh seems to me like every single retailer pulled the same bs.
They all jumped on the Mavic ship by listing dates that were not accurate to rack up orders and pre-orders and all (except Very, actually) failed to remove listing despite having no stock/dates/clue to gather even more orders.
I pre-paid one of my orders as it had a 28th Oct stock day, and the date got pushed back that same day! I also received no communication that day and had to chase it myself to get an update.
This whole story is becoming so annoying in 1inch from cancelling all but Amazon and get a 2nd hand Phantom4 for £450 less than a rrp mavic

so it seems like there's two possibilities.:
  • they are on a truck right now to your home address. party poppers at the ready.
  • Very are new to this, don't understand what a clusterf*** DJI are, and have assumed that DJI are good to their word, that the stock will arrive today and have pre-booked Yodel couriers. very efficient, but hopelessly naive. At some point they will say "don't know what happened - but our stock hasn't arrived".
my money is shifting towards the latter, simply because I can't believe that a large box shifter like VERY could get one over all the other large box shifters who've probably been doing it much longer, and who are much bigger international retailers. What that means for their delivery dates I wouldn't like to say.

I'm genuinely impressed if it's the former, and genuinely sorry for you if it's the latter.

so it seems like there's two possibilities.:
  • they are on a truck right now to your home address. party poppers at the ready.
  • Very are new to this, don't understand what a clusterf*** DJI are, and have assumed that DJI are good to their word, that the stock will arrive today and have pre-booked Yodel couriers. very efficient, but hopelessly naive. At some point they will say "don't know what happened - but our stock hasn't arrived".
my money is shifting towards the latter, simply because I can't believe that a large box shifter like VERY could get one over all the other large box shifters who've probably been doing it much longer, and who are much bigger international retailers. What that means for their delivery dates I wouldn't like to say.

I'm genuinely impressed if it's the former, and genuinely sorry for you if it's the latter.

In support of the latter, what I was told a few weeks ago is that retailer do not know exact quantity of items contained in delivery until they receive the actual shipment note from DJI. Very much like when us customers order and are given a tracking ID and order breakdown. They also apparently cross fingers just like us until midnight of the same day that was previously communicated to them.

We're all on the same boat here, but retailers have an obligation to chase+communicate if they want returning customers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones