DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Yeah, Apple is doing it too. Selling in store to walk-in customers while still not shipping old online orders.

I mean Apple manage their own product launches much more efficiently. The Macbook Pro was on sale in stores the minute they were launched.

What is happening with Apple and the Mavic is just an effect of nobody knowing what they are getting or where it should be. That is largely down to the chaos caused by DJI. Apple staff often don't even know what they are - that's not an Apple HQ fault.

I'm not an Apple fanboy - my point is not about Apple, other than they are an obviously efficient company most of the time.

Has anyone heard of Heliguy getting some stock?

Seems other dealers are getting limited quantity but at least something....Heliguy remain tight lipped.

49 days and counting

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Went into my local Maplins today in Blackburn, Lancashire. They are getting 12 in on the 22nd November, all of which have sold. They also have another 13 on pre order but no date for them. He went on to say that they are expecting 900 in total at which point I pissed myself and left the store...[emoji23]

Reactions: YorkshirePaul
Has anyone heard of Heliguy getting some stock?

Seems other dealers are getting limited quantity but at least something....Heliguy remain tight lipped.

49 days and counting

I spoke to HeliGuy a couple of days ago. They have had no stock and no indication they will get any stock.

They said for them its a case of they get them when DJI decide to send them. They said they often don't find out until the items turn up in their warehouse from DJI.

I find it hard to believe at some point in the next few weeks HeliGuy won't at least get a dozen or so. If you ordered on the day or day after it went on "Sale" then you might be in with chance.

Otherwise it'll be January or much later I suspect.

Yeah, Apple is doing it too. Selling in store to walk-in customers while still not shipping old online orders.

FYI those being sold yesterday wernt from directly apple, but an authorised apple reseller in selfriges. Apple official store only sell watches in selfridges, this other company sells all other electronics there along with drones such as the mavic and inspire.

In the UK perhaps.. in the US we've been able to walk right into a full blown regular Apple store and buy one (I did it)

I have had an online order for one with Apple for a few weeks now and I still don't have that one

In the UK perhaps.. in the US we've been able to walk right into a full blown regular Apple store and buy one (I did it)

I have had an online order for one with Apple for a few weeks now and I still don't have that one
My bad! I thought this was uk shipping thread. I would be incredibly frustrated if I saw them on the shelf having pre-ordered from them. If it's any consolation I ordered 29th sept direct from DJI and still haven't heard a thing!

Was bored today so decided to write a little NodeJs script to check the status on my Very order every hour (Yes the obsession is real, haha). Works by checking the Yodal tracking page (got tracking number from Very) ever hour (between 7am - 11pm) and sending me an email if the status has changed. Saves me checking!

For those that know how to run node scripts and are interested, I'll happily share the code :)

Yes hopefully the one in your wife's name has slipped through the net and you'll receive it tomorrow. Would be pretty amazing if that happens!
Hey Peter, did the Mavic in your wife's name arrive? I see they've removed it completely from the site now.

Unfortunately not Andy.. I'm fed up checking and hoping so I'm just going to wait now and if it turns up next week, it'll be a great surprise. Failing that I'm hopeful for the week after next. :)

You've not managed to find one anywhere?

Last weekend I nearly bought one for £1600 cash thinking that I would then list mine and try to recover the money that way but it'll be my luck that when one of mine arrives, demand and prices will have dropped by then.

Unfortunately not Andy.. I'm fed up checking and hoping so I'm just going to wait now and if it turns up next week, it'll be a great surprise. Failing that I'm hopeful for the week after next. :)

You've not managed to find one anywhere?

Last weekend I nearly bought one for £1600 cash thinking that I would then list mine and try to recover the money that way but it'll be my luck that when one of mine arrives, demand and prices will have dropped by then.
That's a shame mate but the weather is rubbish at the moment anyway if you look at it that way.
I'm sick of checking as well, I noticed that my preorder with Amazon says out of stock now instead of not released yet. When I spoke to one of their agents they said it was released on the 29th September
They didn't even have it on the site until the 4th or 5th Oct when I placed my preorder. I heard somewhere that drone store uk was their supplier but that fell through which isn't any surprise really considering he was guaranteeing delivery on ebay but then failed. I was tempted to order one off him but he failed to answer chats on his Facebook and answer the phone.

Amazon now say that DJI is supplying them direct but I have a feeling that they put their order in late.

Not heard anything from Jessops either, just going along with the wait now... Its kind of took the excitement away from it all and I just can't imagine they day that I get the shipping email, I'm done with hoping everyday now to be honest.

I cancelled my orders with Amazon and Advexure today so I'm down to 3 pre-orders now, Hobby Mounts, 27.9 2nd in queue, Firstpersonview, 17.10 22nd in combo queue and Maplins 17.11 no idea where in the queue.

Maplins have pulled the Mavic off their site altogether now so at least they're not doing a 'Very'..

If I hear of or see any opportunities I'll let you know mate.. :)

If Selfridges in London had some i wonder if any of the other branches might have some too. Might be worth making some phone calls.

It's interesting that on Amazon I ordered the Mavic 2 Batteries 2 Proellors and a Charging Hub.

The propellor and hub were due to be dispatched on the 25th Nov but the others on pre order.

I spoke to the web people and said I want it all at once as propellers and hub are useless without the drone.

So he said it's all done but now the propellor and hub have a dispatch date of 5th Dec.....?

Have they accidentally let me know the Mavic date, I ordered on 29th Oct.

see how far this industry has come. I managed to talk back from Selfridges to Oxford Circus with two drones, two removes, about 6 batteries (?), two chargers, and all the rest of that crap in one hand, whilst texting in the other!

couldn't do that with my inspire pro!

Which store in Selfridges did you buy them from?

And today i sold my phantom 3
Now I'm Droneless :)
All pre-orders canceled. This time Amazon performed badly...
Waiting for my local DJI Reselers to received it. It will be at end of November beginning of December.

Mavic arrived in the week from FPV, brilliant. So everybody but everybody said sell it, put it on eBay, make some money, but the drone habit was just too strong and she is charging as we speak. :)
What would you have done?

Reactions: mikeroycollins
Tried to call Apple Bristol just now using the "manager" tip but the one who answered said they dont have one in stock. I asked if he can check but he said he doesn't have access to the physical stock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123