DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

HAHA.... I love you guys.... But time to check out.... Been a ball now the DJI relationship is over.... :cool:

Reactions: Pedro
DJI will absolutely support Mavics bought in this way, it's no different than buying one as a present for somebody..

I was going to go down this route before getting lucky with an order. I would just make sure that you get the supplier's invoice too.

That's reassuring to know.

quite how people can blame retailers for this situation i havnt clue.. the retailer knows what DJI tells them.. what DJI tells them cannot be relied upon..

the retailer took orders in good faith.. they are now in the undeniable position of being constantly badgered by their customers asking about when they are going to ship their orders.. the retailer dosnt know.. the customer certainly aint happy with an honest "we havant a clue" answer and who can blame them..

what we have now is direct buyers who ordered right at the beginning seem to be getting their mavicks.. we are talking people who ordered over six weeks ago.. a few people who have ordered around the same time from some larger retailers also seem to be getting their mavics.. the odd mavic turning up in stores but not many.. mavics being flipped on ebay at double the retail price..

i keep seeing november.. december.. january.. so far i aint seen many mentions of february or march.. but all these "future" figures are pure speculation.. nothing else.. DJI do not seem able to catch up with a growing backlog of pre-ordered.. most of which will be multiple just in case or flip on ebay for a nice little profit orders.. the snag with retailers not taking money up front and they all seem to still be taking orders.. which is something i will fault them for..

what i am hoping to see is some signs of DJI catching up.. so far all i see is DJI getting farther and farther behind and future prediction figures getting farther and farther away..

it will be interesting to see how all this pans out in the end and what lessons get learnt from it.. he he

trog

I agree - DJI is keeping lots of dealers and stores in the dark. Unless a dealer/store actually has the Mavic in their warehouse they don't really know when it will arrive.

DJI talked about getting all pre-orders made before 4th Nov out by Christmas. I suspect they are focussing on their own orders. Dealers are getting some but its a minuscule trickle. Except HeliGuy who must have offended DJI as apparently have got none!

HAHA HeliGuy must have REFUND by PAYPAL as a desktop shortcut.... less than 3 minutes and I was refunded.... Now thats service.Thumbswayup

Same here. I called them this morning. I said I want to cancel an order and the guy said," it's not a mavic is it?" Haha you assume correctly sir.
To be fair he was lovely over the phone. Had a lengthy chat with him around it. Poor dealers in the UK know absolutely nothing. DJI is really keeping everyone in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Jeez, can somebody get trog a Mavic ffs so he can stop dreaming up these conspiracy theories.. :D

i recon that is one thing that would shut me up.. he he

but what should happen now is simple.. dealers including DJI should stop taking order for things they cannot supply.. refunds and apologies should be offered all round..

DJI should admit to the problems they clearly have and dont seem able to fix.. when they have done this the mavic can be put on sale again..

trog

ps.. for what its worth this aint just a UK thing.. my China dealer who for sure would have placed orders very early have not seen hide nor hair of a mavic.. they are in the same position as heliguy as i assume most dealers are..

Last edited:
I agree - DJI is keeping lots of dealers and stores in the dark. Unless a dealer/store actually has the Mavic in their warehouse they don't really know when it will arrive.

DJI talked about getting all pre-orders made before 4th Nov out by Christmas. I suspect they are focussing on their own orders. Dealers are getting some but its a minuscule trickle. Except HeliGuy who must have offended DJI as apparently have got none!

I don't even think they are concentrating on their own orders. People (including me) are still waiting for orders from 28th Sept! lol

Jeez, can somebody get trog a Mavic ffs so he can stop dreaming up these conspiracy theories.. :D
I don't even think they are concentrating on their own orders. People (including me) are still waiting for orders from 28th Sept! lol

And yet DJI still release new products - without even being able to ship the products they already have.

Seems a total farce to me. DJI needs some serious competition. The GoPro Krapa - "Its not even a drone" has gone down the toilet and nothing to compete with the DJI Mavic Pro in terms of facilities coupled with small size.

Any random stores popping up with stock today?

Seems boring without a scramble to Selfridge's or similar...

I must add my name to the list of people who have Edison to thank for getting my Mavic from Selfridges, great guy sorted it for me and sent it up on Friday night from London at 5pm, and it was up here in Orkney by 9am on Saturday, 16 hours to go the length of the country is pretty impressive, can't knock the Royal Mail!

I have two Mavics ordered with Maplins which I will now cancel, I am 7th for the single unit on the back order list and 22nd for the combo so hopefully it should move all you guys who are waiting up the list higher.

I'm away on Friday for a month so got it just in time :)

Reactions: Pedro
I must add my name to the list of people who have Edison to thank for getting my Mavic from Selfridges, great guy sorted it for me and sent it up on Friday night from London at 5pm, and it was up here in Orkney by 9am on Saturday, 16 hours to go the length of the country is pretty impressive, can't knock the Royal Mail!

I have two Mavics ordered with Maplins which I will now cancel, I am 7th for the single unit on the back order list and 22nd for the combo so hopefully it should move all you guys who are waiting up the list higher.

I'm away on Friday for a month so got it just in time :)

What store in Selfridges did you get the Mavic from? I called customer services but they were having trouble finding the correct department.

I ordered from Heliguy on the 3rd October... and as the days go by and the weather gets worse, the excitement I first felt is slowly wearing off for me, I'm so, so close to cancelling my order for my Mavic Pro'totype'
Might just wait until the second incarnation drops..whenever that may be...maybe by then most of the bugs will be fixed. Who knows!?
Shocking way to run a business, if I messed my customers around as much DJI do with theirs, I'm sure I wouldn't have any left as they would definitely go to my competitors.....I guess that's where part of the problem lies, DJI dont have any competitors worth worrying about!

I need convincing to keep my order..

Jordi, I was in exactly the same boat.

I've spoken with many people in the business and the likely release of a Mavic 2 towards the end of the 1st quarter of 2017 is very likely. Many are suggesting the Mavic Pro is a 'beta' product and stop gap. This is why I cancelled and will not be buying anything from DJI much before I either see a huge improvement in the company.

I know you're annoyed at DJI, but that really doesn't make any sense. I've seen a Mavic, they are excellently built and work as intended. There's nothing beta about it. Sure, they are having factory issues, but DJI are not going to announce a replacement Mavic within 4 months of releasing this one. Why would they?!

It's clear that nobody knows what's going on, or that anyone who does is under NDA. Whoever the 'people in the business' are, are blowing smoke.

HAHA.... I love you guys.... But time to check out.... Been a ball now the DJI relationship is over.... :cool:

I'm on the very cusp on this myself, being in exactly the same boat as you. Ordered from HG in Sept, it's nearly Dec and the shine has really worn off. DJI are a shocking company and I'm now very reticent to give them my money.

Reactions: DirkGently
I'm on the very cusp on this myself, being in exactly the same boat as you. Ordered from HG in Sept, it's nearly Dec and the shine has really worn off. DJI are a shocking company and I'm now very reticent to give them my money.

Same here - ordered from HeliGuy. I don't mind a wait if there was a definite "It'll be with you on 15th Dec" or some specified date. Instead its a case of it'll turn up one day in the future.

Planning ahead I'm contemplating changing my delivery address to the local old peoples home - which is more than likely where I'll be living by the time my Mavic is despatched!

Jordi, I was in exactly the same boat.

I've spoken with many people in the business and the likely release of a Mavic 2 towards the end of the 1st quarter of 2017 is very likely. Many are suggesting the Mavic Pro is a 'beta' product and stop gap. This is why I cancelled and will not be buying anything from DJI much before I either see a huge improvement in the company.

UAV Man, couldn't agree more fella. Just wish I hadn't sold my P3A already.

i don't disagree with you about that. I too have bought craft from them since the Inspire 1. In fact my first Inspire 1 had to be returned with a fault, and I have just got back from the UPS Collection Point dropping off my Mavic for warranty repair. Not a great track record.

I have as much reason to be aggrieved as anyone, but I just don't think there's any truth, or sense, in what you're saying - other than that it makes you feel better about your decision. It's confirmation bias.

I've seen a few people in the same boat but this is even more sour in the fact you sold it in good faith.... I'd look elsewhere personally.... :(

Wish there was somewhere else to look, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

thank you and you too. It's completely reasonable for you to be pissed off. I'm sure you'll be back on DJI products soon enough though.

For what it's worth, once you can actually get hold of the bloody thing, i think it's worth the wait. And even dealing with their support is pretty easy. Mine is broken, but I still reckon i'll have it back before DJI get on to shipping orders from October.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J