DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro battery & antenna mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Grey Wolf's comments, along with others who have yet to reveal themselves, come from the elitist attitude of a small sampling of Part 107 licensees. We saw it a few years ago with section 333 licensees crying to the FAA every time someone did something that offended their delicate sensibility. The assumption that everyone who talks about making RC bigger, better, faster and further, must not be licensed and are therefore breaking every FAA regulation out there. Consider the fact that the rules don't define the hobby, but rather the other way around. And, we are not a bunch of idiots who come here seeking parental supervision. I was so hoping that the days of FAA bible thumpers had past.

FPVLR makes some of the best mods in the industry. I paid $120 for their FPV antennas for my P2, and stopped dropping my video signal in the woods where I live. At that time (a few years back) they did post the specs for the antenna. I am not sure why they don't now with these antennas, but their science is solid.

Well, when well established, reputable companies sell microwave or UHF or radar or other electromagnetic radiation antennas, they always provide technical specs. In fact you get technical specs for your product when you buy a television or a computer or a car or a microwave oven or a dishwasher or a Mavic. But for these "Range Extender" antennas? Nothing. Zilch. Don't you think that you deserve to get the technical specs for some device that you paid $120 for? And doesn't it bother you that apparently none of these "Range Extender" companies provide technical specs?

Last edited:
Well, when well established, reputable companies sell microwave or UHF or radar or other electromagnetic radiation antennas, they always provide technical specs. In fact you get technical specs for your product when you buy a television or a computer or a car or a microwave oven or a dishwasher or a Mavic. But for these "Range Extender" antennas? Nothing. Zilch. Don't you think that you deserve to get the technical specs for some device that you paid $120 for?
I'm curious... Are you off of your meds? If this thread isn't for you, why all of the fuss? Search YouTube for FPVLR antennas to get a feeling for why Tony's antennas rule the industry. And please, don't spend too much time finding the rare negative reviews allowing you to make another generalized uneducated comment. What is it with people on this thread today?

Thanks for the basic lesson on linear versus circular polarization, jk. Yes, using a circularly polarized antenna transmitter (or reciever) may make sense of communication with an RC fixed-wing aircraft since those can do barrel-rolls, split-S maneuvers, and all sorts of other maneuvers so that the relative angular orientation of the aircraft with respect to the transmitter can vary all over the place. However, that argument doesn't really apply to controlling a Mavic or other quadcopter, does it?

Still waiting for you to provide some technical info for some of these "Range Extender" antennas. BTW, don't you find it curious and interesting that these "Range Extender" antennas come is so many very different designs even though they're supposed to be optimized for the same frequency?

LOL,...why do I need to send you something that works for me, I am the
one that can fly my Mavic and phantom 3 pro 5 miles out, I know you can't
Once again, prove to yourself that YOUR BOOK BS THEORY is the final
theory..... you cant prove YOUR theory, because you DON'T have these
antennas installed.........on the other hand I CAN, because I own 2 sets on
2 different models.
READ THE FORUMS

I'm curious... Are you off of your meds? If this thread isn't for you, why all of the fuss? Search YouTube for FPVLR antennas to get a feeling for why Tony's antennas rule the industry. And please, don't spend too much time finding the rare negative reviews allowing you to make another generalized uneducated comment. What is it with people on this thread today?[/QUOTE

HE'S TO IGNORANT TO READ AND LEARN,

I'm curious... Are you off of your meds? If this thread isn't for you, why all of the fuss? Search YouTube for FPVLR antennas to get a feeling for why Tony's antennas rule the industry. And please, don't spend too much time finding the rare negative reviews allowing you to make another generalized uneducated comment. What is it with people on this thread today?

I'm not asking unreasonable questions. It's sad that you're so frustrated by them that you have to resort to personal attacks. Why don't these companies provide technical specs for their "Range Extender" products? That question bothers you? Seriously?

A final note to everyone: An improperly designed, mismatched antenna can cause a significant amount of power going to the antenna to be reflected back into the transmitter electronics rather than being radiated outwards. Damage to the transmitter electronics is a possibility. Not saying that that's a risk in this particular case because I'm in no position to evaluate the susceptibility of the electronic circuitry of the Mavic's transmitter to reflected wave damage from these "Range Extenders". Then again, apparently neither are the "Range Extender" companies or their proponents here.

I'm not asking unreasonable questions. It's sad that you're so frustrated by them that you have to resort to personal attacks. Why don't these companies provide technical specs for their "Range Extender" products? That question bothers you? Seriously?

A final note to everyone: An improperly designed, mismatched antenna can cause a significant amount of power going to the antenna to be reflected back into the transmitter electronics rather than being radiated outwards. Damage to the transmitter electronics is a possibility. Not saying that that's a risk in this particular case because I'm in no position to evaluate the susceptibility of the electronic circuitry of the Mavic's transmitter to reflected wave damage from these "Range Extenders". Then again, apparently neither are the "Range Extender" companies or their proponents here.

Dude, your the one frustrated with the co. that don't
have info on the world specs on the antennas .....NOT US.
we have them installed ....they work great.. who gives a .hit
how they work........but as long as they do work.
only and only you bookworms worry about that ,instead of relying
on hundreds of positive posts listed on dji and phantom forums.
your the type that will never live and learn.....you and your ignorance
is no longer needed on this thread.......

Dude, lighten up! People like you are the ones that kill small business. Tony may be working in a small shop building a great product with many good reviews. If people report positive effects then believe it and buy it or buy something else. It costs money to provide professional testing results. If it works and no complaints, let the guy make a Buck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

wow the drone police on this thread are a trip wanting to report somebody to the faa are you surious dude lighten up Francis.

I for one is ready to pull the trigger on those cool looking starwars empire fighter looking atennas especially for 89 bucks. I too want the improved antenna for urban flying. I can't get 1500ft away sometime while trying to get lower to get a ground shot without signal loss. It's very frustrating I love this drone but more signal would be fantastic and anybody that wouldn't want that is really odd in my opinion.,

So please keep it simple for me if I order those antennas can a computer tech shop install them or do I need to send the controller and antennas somewhere. I am totally in for upgrading my RC somebody please tell me where to send my money.

wow the drone police on this thread are a trip wanting to report somebody to the faa are you surious dude lighten up Francis.

I for one is ready to pull the trigger on those cool looking starwars empire fighter looking atennas especially for 89 bucks. I too want the improved antenna for urban flying. I can't get 1500ft away sometime while trying to get lower to get a ground shot without signal loss. It's very frustrating I love this drone but more signal would be fantastic and anybody that wouldn't want that is really odd in my opinion.,

So please keep it simple for me if I order those antennas can a computer tech shop install them or do I need to send the controller and antennas somewhere. I am totally in for upgrading my RC somebody please tell me where to send my money.

Well worth it!!!

Here is the web site for the battery mod clip..DJI inspire mods new easy power adaptor phantom 3 pro/adv also sells one for the Mavic pro
and FPVCUSTOMS.com for the radio and antenna mod.
Kevin

Last edited:
What a bunch of rubbish. Having long range antennas does not equal stupidity. Stupid people = stupidity, and they can be stupid with normal or long range antennas. If you want to do a distance run typically you are going somewhere open and well away from people anyway. I find your comment offensive.
Well said. ( now for some chill pills?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Well worth it!!!

Here is the web site for the battery mod clip..DJI inspire mods new easy power adaptor phantom 3 pro/adv also sells one for the Mavic pro
and FPVCUSTOMS.com for the radio and antenna mod.
Kevin
to be honest it would be cool to have more battery but I am happy with the stock one now. It's just a antenna issue for me. So do I have to send the RC to FPVCUSTOMS.COM for the labor and buy the antenna from them. how much for both and how long will it take?

to be honest it would be cool to have more battery but I am happy with the stock one now. It's just a antenna issue for me. So do I have to send the RC to FPVCUSTOMS.COM for the labor and buy the antenna from them. how much for both and how long will it take?

Total with free shipping ,the install of radio and the antennas comes to
$240.00 his name is paul and his turn around is 2 days ,he is a great
guy to deal with, call him and let him know kevin referred you.

Kevin

Total with free shipping ,the install of radio and the antennas comes to
$240.00 his name is paul and his turn around is 2 days ,he is a great
guy to deal with, call him and let him know kevin referred you.

Kevin
thanks man i will and it really helped right like I can fly 2000ft away and go down to 40 or 50 ft without signal loss with houses and trees? oh and what radio are you talking about?>

thanks man i will and it really helped right like I can fly 2000ft away and go down to 40 or 50 ft without signal loss with houses and trees? oh and what radio are you talking about?>

You need to send your mavic radio to him, so he can change out the old antennas
and rewire it for new dbi antennas...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece