DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro insurance

Spoke to 2 statefarm insurance agents (southern california) and they dont even know what they are talking about. They had to research (called someone I guess) and said they do not offer it neither it can be covered by personal asset insurance.

Anyone from California successfully insured their MP via statefarm ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I found the same thing when I called. I live in San Diego.

Wow, it is really great to see that some companies are willing to insure the Mavic. So far i have the Care Refresh only. of course it is not the same but better than nothing.

Personal Article Insurance does not cover it if it is used in a business. At least thats what my State Farm agent said when I signed up.

Went with State Farm for $60 a year.
I was about 2hrs late applying for DJI care refresh. But, I'm happy I went with State Farm, as there's no deductible plus they cover loss due to fire, water, theft, flyaways.

Anyone in New York successfully insure their drone? I called State Farm and they will add it on if you already have a policy with them, which I do not.

I'm in California and just received info from my State Farm Agent. Although they can't do the "personal articles" insurance for the Mavic, it can be covered under your homeowners insurance as long as the loss exceeds the deductible. No additional cost to include it.

Safe flying all!!!

I've heard Safeco will insure drones in CA. Multiple people on r/mavic have gotten it.

Seems like the minimum is about $500/yr in Canada for $100k Liability.

This sounds more like insurance for commercial use, maybe?

I called State Farm this morning and got a quote for $31/yr, no deductible (I'm in WA). I have a feeling these prices are going up soon.

I called State Farm this morning and got a quote for $31/yr, no deductible (I'm in WA). I have a feeling these prices are going up soon.
My mistake, yes. It is commercial. For those who fly recreationally, there isn't really another option, which is unfortunate for those folk.

Do you already have insurance through State Farm? They told me $41/yr and I'm in WA for $1500 coverage. I don't have insurance through them now however. Sounds like I need to call the agent you spoke to.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe