DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro rear lights?? I have flown the whole dji line.....first post here!

They are still a little blocky looking for what I want. I want them low and out the back. Away from gps and compass and imu. I have some other ideas but I need a **** 3d printer and need to learn how to use it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Attachments

• 20170107_171856_resized.jpg
    20170107_171856_resized.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 20170107_171930_resized.jpg
    20170107_171930_resized.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 20170107_171829_resized.jpg
    20170107_171829_resized.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 136
Looks like they are for sell but possibly not to USA (http://www.3d-bude.de/phantom-inspire-mavic/mavic/). I can likely replicate something very similar with my 3D printer though :)

My only thought with these brackets is the rear booms are same size square tube... what would stop that type of mount from sliding up or down the arm. And being that close to the props or motors what if the part fails it will be sucked up into prop and send mavic falling out of sky. Just thinking out loud.

Just finished this up bout an hour ago. Glus is still drying and just need to add velcro for the lights.

8e5cc78029d4bbab2b2094801487d8aa.jpg

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Trying to keep the weight to a minimum, so added battery pack is out (the Marco Polo tag is enough) so the mini self contained Strobe's is the way to go for me. I will try the leg extenders as I take off in high grass at times, so the strobes can Velcro onto them. Everything is in the mail so I just have to wait. Doesn't matter as we have a flood watch and expect 4-8" of rain tomorrow (in ONE day), Inflated the Kayak in the garage just in case.

Trying to keep the weight to a minimum, so added battery pack is out (the Marco Polo tag is enough) so the mini self contained Strobe's is the way to go for me. I will try the leg extenders as I take off in high grass at times, so the strobes can Velcro onto them. Everything is in the mail so I just have to wait. Doesn't matter as we have a flood watch and expect 4-8" of rain tomorrow (in ONE day), Inflated the Kayak in the garage just in case.

I agree. Trying to keep weight down for sure. Good luck with the rain! Just make some floats for the mavic lol. Jk.

I agree. Trying to keep weight down for sure. Good luck with the rain! Just make some floats for the mavic lol. Jk.

Need some Pontoons for sure, we are really getting dumped on, glad I am not in a flood plane like a lot in the area. In 97 I was kayaking around the neighborhood when Cirby creek flooded (behind my house) If it floods I will get the mavic up for some video :)

Need some Pontoons for sure, we are really getting dumped on, glad I am not in a flood plane like a lot in the area. In 97 I was kayaking around the neighborhood when Cirby creek flooded (behind my house) If it floods I will get the mavic up for some video :)
Whoa that's crazy! " Honey I'm paddling up to the supermarket." Where about are you located?

Whoa that's crazy! " Honey I'm paddling up to the supermarket." Where about are you located?

At the Moment 'Not so Sunny California', in the foothills NE of Sacramento, we have had 2" of rain since morning, and the 'Storm' isn't even here yet. Been getting constant warnings on TV, Radio, and my phone, city is supplying sand bags and crews are out cleaning all of the storm drains, fire dept has swift water rescue all geared up and the Emergency Operations center has gone online. We have stocked up on food and I have back up power so we are good. (plenty of Beer)

At the Moment 'Not so Sunny California', in the foothills NE of Sacramento, we have had 2" of rain since morning, and the 'Storm' isn't even here yet. Been getting constant warnings on TV, Radio, and my phone, city is supplying sand bags and crews are out cleaning all of the storm drains, fire dept has swift water rescue all geared up and the Emergency Operations center has gone online. We have stocked up on food and I have back up power so we are good. (plenty of Beer)

Wow. Best of luck with that... stay safe.

Reactions: F6Rider
So. I've come up with my own mounting system for the flytron strobes. I'm using the raised landing gear set from eBay and modified it with a piece of .125 thickness abs plastic to match the thickness of the landing gear... I'm attaching my piece to it with some 2 part epoxy called plexus.... it's as streamlined as it's going to get to say clear of motors , rear status led and the rear exhaust for cooling on back of mavic... this is my prototype and it is patented :) awaiting me getting and learning a 3d printer.....it looks factory Now all I need are my flytrons....
b20dfa58339adfbf9c08d711b0cbe844.jpg
d4cc5d5d7d484f267e27f80eb2e2cb41.jpg
bf536016ee2c1e074d5e5f661bdb9c51.jpg
9fea12e4262c3e83fc3d11659b48adcc.jpg

Nice.. I would just keep an eye on the cog, you may want to ballast the front to maintain its cog.

I left it a little late to try mine out but it shows promise..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_