DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro rear lights?? I have flown the whole dji line.....first post here!

21035eb9cf243bc40cf6512bc766d726.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lookin good, are those both white LEDs?

How do I post videos? Nah they are both green. Trying to stay with dji color system on their lights. Red in front and green in rear. Which is what I'm used to now with my inspires and phantoms...

How do I post videos? Nah they are both green. Trying to stay with dji color system on their lights. Red in front and green in rear. Which is what I'm used to now with my inspires and phantoms...

Just need to upload the video to YouTube and post the link here and it embeds the video.

Reactions: vdubbin1967
Cool, definitely can't miss it and that is the point.

Thanks man... I'm sure they will be more streamlined pieces printed or made. And I def want to learn 3d printing. It's all in fun. But it is fuctionable and doesn't take away from the portability as it pops of in 1 second and will fit in my hardcase still...

Reactions: RallySoob
Yeah, that is where I was going with my design as well. Like you I planned to use the landing extensions (although I print my own :) ) and decided to integrate into that.

I guarantee you that when you decide to jump into 3D printing you will not be disappointed, as long as you are willing to learn which being a drone enthusiast I am guessing you are. I love that I am able to just re-print something if/when it breaks. I have repaired countless items by printing parts to replace broken plastic pieces. Instead of spending $50+ on a projector mount I printed my own, it has been in place for 2 years now.

Anyway, that is a bit off topic here.

Awesome ideas all around... very nice

After some more thought and reading some of your ideas i'm starting to wonder how hard it would be to make a leg extension system light up?

Specificaly a 4 post long leg setup like this one here because it serves good purpose landing and will create a nice length of light tube to fill up with leds at all 4 corners. If these tubes were transparent they could be seen from all angles. They could be made from sum high impact transparent material or even silicone maybe i dont know but with c4 leds inside and maybe even metal plates for projection /reflection like inside a car light?

IMG_5937.PNGIMG_5936.PNG

Last edited:
I ordered these along with 3 other leg extension kits.. hoping to find the best one but i bet this one will be

They could be 3D printed in clear plastic, there are filaments known for being clear (T-Glase, PETG) but with 3D printing you will always see the layer lines so it is not optically clear or anything. Probably perfect for lighting up though, especially with a bright LED inside it.

3d printing is really cool, wish i had one. But If some company manufactured a really high quality stellar kit Ide bet people would even pay up to 100$ or more for it, i would... ;) wink wink dji :p

What is the other brand of lights you have?

One set incorporates this a loud piezo

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ABHO93...TF8&colid=3HLEBA9AK3ZKP&coliid=I2Q0MFLDA4J7B7

And these for strobes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MECVHR...UTF8&colid=3HLEBA9AK3ZKP&coliid=ITGQCPYPX2RAS

I'd be using 2 possibly three set with red/green and white,,, they would be stand alone with the battery and piezoelectric in one housing that would also hold a charging card with mini USB on the end soldered to the card,,,
I want it so it can be easily and quickly removed or installed easily! And using a 1 up to a 6s Li-Po battery

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Actually both ideas would include the piezo because I believe the sound and xenon strobe flash would make it easier to find at night.

I have similar idea to what has been said . The leg extentions are hollow so incorporating strobe inside leg will give downwards light for spotting , maybe add a cutout on the leg forwards and to the side . May even get a rechargeable battery inside as well . Easy pull off push on won't change look of mavic . For the rear make them either thicker or just attach a rear facing strobe onto the outside . How much is a semi-decent 3d printer

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: RallySoob
I have similar idea to what has been said . The leg extentions are hollow so incorporating strobe inside leg will give downwards light for spotting , maybe add a cutout on the leg forwards and to the side . May even get a rechargeable battery inside as well . Easy pull off push on won't change look of mavic . For the rear make them either thicker or just attach a rear facing strobe onto the outside . How much is a semi-decent 3d printer

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

I too am getting into a 3d printer. I'm looking into a monoprice maker select or ultimate. Seems to have most features and plug and play as they say. 399 for select and 599 for ultimate.

Actually both ideas would include the piezo because I believe the sound and xenon strobe flash would make it easier to find at night.

That piezo alarm prob won't work? Those are meant for airplanes and multirotors that use a more generic type lipo battery that has a preset voltage built into piece and it goes of when the battery is at a certain voltage... they plug into the balance lead on generic batteries. Now those strobes might be something to toy with. But will still involve a separate battery and wires dangling....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi