DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro with Bombs

Believe it or not before the world went all crazy. Back in the old days we attached real model rockets under the wings of our RC planes on guide rails and used a dedicated servo to switch power to the filament wire to ignite the engine. We actually tried to shoot each other out of the sky and it was cool as all **** when two rockets launched together from the RC plane and shot out over 200 ft towards another plane. Of course we never had FPV or anything so it was a shot and a prayer. One of the guys video taped it on VHS tape, I often wonder if he still has it. Oh the good old days before mass paranoia and lawyers hanging around at every street corner.

Rob

LOL! That's pretty crazy. Did anyone ever score a hit?

LOL! That's pretty crazy. Did anyone ever score a hit?

No unfortunately not. I would have been happy even if it had been my plane that got hit just to see the video footage. We had one that did come within about 15 feet but that was the closest shot. Its pretty hard to aim the planes, so we pretty much did it with the hope that the one in a million shot would happen.

Here is a guy who tried the something similar, but he only used one, we used one under each wing.
His plane is almost the same size and the rocket is also the same kind that we used.

Rob

Yeah, ok, you are free to do as you please, but for goodness sakes, exercise some discretion. If I saw anything like that flying near my property I would call the authorities first and ask questions second. Sure, you know it's a harmless foam model, but to the uniniated it would strike fear and concern. Is that what you are going for? Maybe it's just me, but I think there is already enough terror in the world.
You wouldnt be able to make out what they were from 100+ feet.

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using MavicPilots mobile app

This is not a problem. I would rather everyone have these by far than the videos of people doing dangerous things with aircraft.

I like it. Too bad others can't appreciate the creativeness. It's not going to ruin the drone hobby. Relax everyone. Drones that kill people already exist. And I'm pretty sure they are not made by DJI. NOT YET AT LEAST.

Reactions: Slantnose79
Some of you will enjoy, some will not. Please be respectful and remember we all have the right to a respectful opinion.. We are all adults here and can handle hot topics. Work in progress (Floats)

Disclaimer- No zombies, bigfoots, yellow unicorns, Mermaids nor everglades skunk apes were really hurt in this film. Enjoy!!

Happy Flying!​

The real challenge is to put batteries in there to extend the flying time.

Funny how you get it to look bigger than a car:

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 09.23.33.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 09.23.33.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 09.23.33.png
    521 KB · Views: 36
I know, flying cameras and all that voodoo tech, just thought I'd try to put in some defense for the ideas, nuthin rong with ideas...someone had the idea to utilize atomic energy at some point in our history, others abused that idea, go hide in the mountains if yer scared.

Albert Einstein also said he regret creating the Atomic Bomb. Just because you can or think of the ideas does not mean you should. It just basic common sense.

Reactions: MavicFrank
The discussions on the original posting on Live leak points out some reasons to believe the bomb drop is fake. The explosion is not. The appearance of a second drone at seconds 33-35 suggests this might have been a training exercise filmed by 2 or more drones with an explosion triggered by rifle fire or remote control.

Not helpful to our hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This hobby would not exist if people weren't doing things that others would disapprove of. RC modelers have been putting on "bombs" and "missiles" for decades. In some cases dropable ordnance. And many other things offensive to man!:mad:

(I recall as a kid some RC club in Quebec convinced the Canadian military to try dropping a grenade from an RC plane.
Something went wrong and the grenade exploded while still on the RC plane. Made for a nice 30 second clip on the evening news....).

I like them
Don't know about out in public with them.
Pretty sure they would make the police freak out

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yep. Police would freak and have you at gun point while their bomb robots destroy your Mavic to neutralize your prop. Tread carefully.

Albert Einstein also said he regret creating the Atomic Bomb. Just because you can or think of the ideas does not mean you should. It just basic common sense.

Albert Einstein's sole involvement in the atomic bomb was convincing Roosevelt of its merit because he and others knew the German's were already well ahead. Further, it was not at his instigation - he (and Szilárd) signed a letter drafted by Leó Szilárd and Eugene Wigner. They figured that Einstein had much more prestige with Roosevelt.

This not only helped launch the Manhattan project but also various operations to slow down the German effort - in particular sabotage of the heavy water plants in Norway by the Norwegian resistance and allied bombing. Happily Hitler was not as focused on obtaining such a weapon whereas the US, Britain and Canada were.

While his mass=energy equivalence equation tells you there may be some way to kaboom something it doesn't tell you how to kaboom something. That took the very inefficient fission bombs (2 kinds). 3 years to sort out. Which took an all out effort by Oppenheimer et al and Einstein was not part of it at all.

Einstein may have regretted his role in it, but it was inevitable with the work by Fermi and others already in progress. The letter did of course accelerate it.

Reactions: Slantnose79
Some people here just need to relax. To the OP, cool mod. Like someone else said would be cool if they were batteries. What landing gear extensions are those?

Reactions: Praetoriate
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes