DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Scotland

ecaf73eeea63f96891f3feb9eb504a72.jpg

This is what AirMap tells me. It does show a yellow advisory dot in that Penicuik area, the EGPH controlled airspace.

View attachment 4452

See attached snapshot from Drone assist. Penicuik is just on the outskirts of Edinburgh airport fly zone so extra precautions are needed.......basic line of sight and height restrictions. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So is Edinburgh itself in that same airport fly zone where extra precautions are needed? Line of sight & height restrictions seem "normal" (as in I always keep line of sight and stay under 120m). And Edinburgh itself is a city so a no-go, but would it otherwise be okay?

Hi Guys, Any Westcoasters here. My username gives the place away. Anyone sat the RPAS course at Prestwick? I've booked for February hoping for a change from the Oil Industry!

Sent from my SM-G930F using MavicPilots mobile app

Got the day off tomorrow and thinking of heading to Loch Lomond with a mate who has a wee boat. A bit freaked out about the whole flying over water scenario and from a boat... but I am sure if would make for some awesome shots. Thoughts or tips?

Got the day off tomorrow and thinking of heading to Loch Lomond with a mate who has a wee boat. A bit freaked out about the whole flying over water scenario and from a boat... but I am sure if would make for some awesome shots. Thoughts or tips?

Practice hand launches & landings?

Reactions: Rupert

Got some video, I'm sure I can capture some shots from that.

Try putting the gimbal in FPV rather than follow! You have been warned though....... the camera will lock to the drone pitch/roll. Using a polarising filter will improve water clarity...... use this filter at 90' to the sun though.
Enjoy.......

Changing this setting would be high on my list if launching from the boat. There is also a setting it returns to your position rather than take off point. I can't seem to find it without firing up the bird
d8a7bfaa5fb5c778079c81d6572e7321.jpg

I was working out at a client near Cumbernauld Village and he asked me to show him it working.

I only got this yesterday morning so I'm still learning the ropes and I'm trying to figure out how I can make the camera point down at a 45 or 30 degree angle. Probably a really simple setting in there...

Anyway, here is 3 min unedited video from take off and landing. Think youtube is still processing it, so quality will improve soon if its a bit blocky!

Reactions: SvenPatrick
I was working out at a client near Cumbernauld Village and he asked me to show him it working.

I only got this yesterday morning so I'm still learning the ropes and I'm trying to figure out how I can make the camera point down at a 45 or 30 degree angle. Probably a really simple setting in there...

Anyway, here is 3 min unedited video from take off and landing. Think youtube is still processing it, so quality will improve soon if its a bit blocky!

Hey mate,
To move the gimbal camera you use the top left silver sort of scroll wheel so you can point it any degree you want. Only learned this when playing about during proper flight last weekend haha

Reactions: harrylisbon
Hey mate,
To move the gimbal camera you use the top left silver sort of scroll wheel so you can point it any degree you want. Only learned this when playing about during proper flight last weekend haha

Awesome! Will try it out tomorrow afternoon! Thanks!

Reactions: Cro89
Hey mate,

Cheers again. Just had it out above Parkhead and was able to work on some smooth movements. Some cracking video captured!

Cheers!

Reactions: Cro89
Cheers again. Just had it out above Parkhead and was able to work on some smooth movements. Some cracking video captured!

Be careful. If Scotland's finest wanted to be d*cks about it, you can get yourself into trouble for flying over buildings/stadiums that aren't under your control, even when they're empty.

Be careful. If Scotland's finest wanted to be d*cks about it, you can get yourself into trouble for flying over buildings/stadiums that aren't under your control, even when they're empty.

Ah no worries. I've got the AirMap app which keeps my on the right course. I didn't take it over the stadium but rather the athletes village and the big park behind it.

Would ask for permission from Celtic or any football team before I go fly it over there!

Ah no worries. I've got the AirMap app which keeps my on the right course. I didn't take it over the stadium but rather the athletes village and the big park behind it.

Would ask for permission from Celtic or any football team before I go fly it over there!

Flying over busy dual carriageways on the first day of owning a UAV, when you haven't even sussed out how to operate the gimbal is a bit mental too.

Reactions: M4RK
Flying over busy dual carriageways on the first day of owning a UAV, when you haven't even sussed out how to operate the gimbal is a bit mental too.
Harry is going to be our resident radge.

Soon he'll be on the run seeking refuge from members. Kylie better watch out when she visits Glasgow. "It's not stalking officer I don't even know how to zoom on this".

Made it up to Loch Lomond yesterday and headed up towards Ben Lomond. Didn't attempt the boat take off and landing though. Think that will come the next time. Will post a video next week. Attached are some screenshots #naefilter - anyone planning to head out this weekend? Supposed to be good weather tomorrow morning

5a173a33e4406af1b034db551f9661e3.jpg
5086da6d4fb7776ad263faf06c38409e.jpg

C'mon Watty, did you not record the trip and only took a single photo as evidence? I've put mine up a couple of times and omitted hitting record, luckily I've noticed pdq.

Been checking back daily for the epic vid...

Been a while since I was down at Kinghorn, so looking forward to the reminiscing.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan