DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware

i been trying to find on DJI.com the link to their Firmware list for download like they use to have back in the P3P/A day but i can't find it. can someone paste the URL here pls?
You have to instal the Assistant from Mavic downloads page, when connected it shows older versions you can go too.
The way Mavic update is quite different from Phantoms, you can't normally (if at all) update from download put on SDcard

Reactions: Mr Spock
You have to instal the Assistant from Mavic downloads page, when connected it shows older versions you can go too.
The way Mavic update is quite different from Phantoms, you can't normally (if at all) update from download put on SDcard
cheers buddy!

Reactions: Egika
Might be a coincident, but.... after upgrading to this version I experienced connection problems between the GO 4 app and my Android (Samsung S6) via the supplied short cable on the left hand side. The connection became unstable, suddenly disconnecting and reconnecting. I'm happy it occured already during warmup before takeoff. Troubleshooting concluded the short cable to be at fault, as connection through the center connector on the RC proved to be stable. Later today I found a post on this site explaining that it is a know issue connecting Android phones by the side cable connector. But I have not experienced this error before (although being a newbee with brief experience); for me the problem first surfaced after upgrading from .500 to .550 version. As stated in the beginning, it just might be a coincident, but I thought I should share.

The side connection is reported to cause issues since the October 2016 firmware. I started using the lower port since early December, never issues after that. Everytime when I try using the side port because I need the other port for something else I get problems.

Still on the .0200 here, every update DJI messes with the mavic's mind and secretly screws the users with unpublished sneaky stuff. Trust me, many things are NOT in our advantage.
Love Mavic, opposite thing for DJI's sneaky monkey business.

Reactions: Kiowa and Mr Spock
The side connection is reported to cause issues since the October 2016 firmware. I started using the lower port since early December, never issues after that. Everytime when I try using the side port because I need the other port for something else I get problems.

Still on the .0200 here, every update DJI messes with the mavic's mind and secretly screws the users with unpublished sneaky stuff. Trust me, many things are NOT in our advantage.
Love Mavic, opposite thing for DJI's sneaky monkey business.
is there any way to downgrade from .0300 to .0200?

Do let us know hows the new firmware, both improvements and/or issues.. Thankz..

Sadly for me, the FW upgrade disabled my Mavic. It now gives me a "Air encoder error 0x8000000" message and won't work. Have tried rolling back the FW and doing a Factory Reset via the Assistant app. No luck. Have sent through a request to DJI Support, but if anyone has wisdom on how to fix this, I'd be very interested. This weekend is the best weather we've had this year in the South of France. ☹️

Sadly for me, the FW upgrade disabled my Mavic. It now gives me a "Air encoder error 0x8000000" message and won't work. Have tried rolling back the FW and doing a Factory Reset via the Assistant app. No luck. Have sent through a request to DJI Support, but if anyone has wisdom on how to fix this, I'd be very interested. This weekend is the best weather we've had this year in the South of France. ☹️
Have you tried downgrading?

One more weighing in with no issues so far with the 550 firmware.
Took at test flight this morning in about 15 knot wind. Hovered rock solid (just like before). Tried RTH a couple of times - worked fine - cancelled with the pause button when it got close. One observation - usually I get multiple warnings about high winds even when < 5 mph wind. Today - no false wind warnings in pretty windy conditions - finally did get one wind warning when it was gusting maybe 20 knots ish. Hope this is an intentional improvement instead of random luck this morning.

One more weighing in with no issues so far with the 550 firmware.
Took at test flight this morning in about 15 knot wind. Hovered rock solid (just like before). Tried RTH a couple of times - worked fine - cancelled with the pause button when it got close. One observation - usually I get multiple warnings about high winds even when < 5 mph wind. Today - no false wind warnings in pretty windy conditions - finally did get one wind warning when it was gusting maybe 20 knots ish. Hope this is an intentional improvement instead of random luck this morning.

RTH wasn't really an issue before, they only changed it so object avoidance is on by default during RTH.

Upgraded as well to the .550 build and have had no issues at all. I like now on RTH Auto Land that it does not stop and sit there, but rather slows way down and continues until landing. The hover stability seems even better now, seems to be a very stable build so far.

Reactions: BWilliams
I am not saying your wrong, but sometimes human perception is hard to overcome. If they say it's better we tend to think we see the difference. I am not upgrading but it sure would be interesting to see a super long exposure ND filtered DSLR photograph of a hover before and after the upgrade.
The thing hovers so well now that saying it's better is like saying this water is wetter than the old water :D

Rob

I prefer wetter water....that dry stuff is for the "birds" :p

I haven't got a chance to test the video feed at distance. Does anyone know if it's better than .500 was?

I had this message too after an update and had to ship it to DJI for repair. After a few days, i get an email that they need to replace parts for the repair which I disputed since it wasn't in a crash. After a couple of weeks, they emailed that they will be doing the repair under warranty. I just got the drone back and have safely flown it but it's complaining about a firmware upgrade in which I will not do.... anyway, I hope all works out for you.

Tried downloading this new update, havent started the mavic in a few days, anyway it downloads to 100% then just sits there doing nothing at all for 20 minutes. Im using a new ipad mini 4. Any help?

Been out flying today after new firmware last night.
Flew out over some fields just over 1 mile and initiated RTH and it came back perfectly.
That's the furthest I have flown it yet....

i disconnected the ipad cable and plugged back in, now it shows a blue box that says start update but I cant press it or do anything.

I haven't got a chance to test the video feed at distance. Does anyone know if it's better than .500 was?
Video feed does not seem much different i jst went out to 2000 metres (my limit for RC signal around here) Video feed held stable out to that which is enough for me.

i had no dropout and still a few bars, which is more than can be said for the RC signal i get.

I downloaded dji assistant on my pc and updated it that way it shows complete with the new firmware but when I plug in the ipad and run the go 4 app it still says I need to download and it does the same thing over and over 100% and just sits there, close it and it says start update and cant press on it. GREAT WORK DJI, first nice day I was going to take it out and have burned 75% battery trying to mess around with this garbage. I thought the ipad was so great for this thing, if they cant even make software that works whats the point of even owning it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25