DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware.

Has anyone noticed a change in the sensitivity of the wind warning issue?
Many were reporting that it was to sensitive and annoying. It is not noted in the release notes but we all know that DJI tweaks areas of the FW and doesn't note them. I was just curious as I'm not able to fly and test this due to very high winds today in my region.

When you fire up your Mavic and it shows you a new firmware is available you don't have a choice but to install it or stay grounded?

I put my phone in Airplane mode to get rid of any possible glitches with email or phone calls coming in. Therefore, I don't get any firmware notifications. I also fly with Litchi, so I doubt I would get them if I didn't put it in Airplane mode.

I just saw this update also.

For smoother the footage. Take off every 'ZIG' for great justice!

Honestly, manually deciding if/when you want to install new firmware is the far better option. Take the time to review release notes, let other people be a test subject, and adopt the update when you think other people have proven it has value to you. If your current firmware has no issues, don't feel like you must update. Updates can remove features (Art graded video?) or break things for some system combinations they didn't test. This world of daily-updates-to-fight-viruses on your PC has made us complacent to the idea of blindly updating working systems on which you depend.

That's your choice, "let other people be a test subject" so I'm the "other people" you refer to!

You can thank me later :)

When I almost lost my mavic, there was a new FW update that included the high wind warnings, I chose not to update as it was inconvenient at the time as I wasn't on a wifi network and I believe FW updates should always be done with a cable to your PC, so I carried on flying, IF I had updated I would have got the high wind warnings and would not have flown as high as I did.

Once the mavic is a year or so old and FW is very stable then yes you don't have to update straight away, but when a product is in the early stage I think it's crucial to update.

Reactions: SLVSRFR
That's your choice, "let other people be a test subject" so I'm the "other people" you refer to!

When I almost lost my mavic, there was a new FW update that included the high wind warnings, I chose not to update as it was inconvenient at the time as I wasn't on a wifi network and I believe FW updates should always be done with a cable to your PC, so I carried on flying, IF I had updated I would have got the high wind warnings and would not have flown as high as I did.

Once the mavic is a year or so old and FW is very stable then yes you don't have to update straight away, but when a product is in the early stage I think it's crucial to update.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Firmware updates are crucial as an early adopter of a new product. That doesn't mean there won't be any issues.

How long did the install take? mines stuck on 73% for about 15 mins....
Mine got stuck on at 73% also. I rebooted it after 40 min and it finished the update. I rebooted again and the controller was not bound the the mavic anymore so had to bind them.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer

Agreed, however some choose to stay on current FW and are completely happy and content with no issues.

Reactions: Loz
I am at 73 percent, but the lights on the Mavic are blinking. Should I restart it?

Update mine and went straight to 100% without pause.
Dji go 4 just crashed at first reboot. Then all look fine. Next step is trying to fly tomorrow.

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

Compass error is not a function of firmware but rather a calibration problem or a malfunction.

The gimbal limit reached warning is either a true report (i.e a first series PolarPro installed) or a gimbal malfunction.

You should make sure that neither calibration or true reports from the gimbal are what's going on and, if the reports persist, start a support ticket.

In any case, since most users, including myself, don't have the issues you mentioned, you shouldn't be counting on FW updates to solve your incidences.

MK

Sure, I take your point, but all of the errors and issues I have been having are POST either firmware or DJi Go App updates. The Mavic was fine up until that point. Also, I would put to you that a good number of Mavic pilots are having these issues, and it's not an isolated case with me. Lastly, firmware updates are proportionally just as focused on fixes issues with AC, and not just adding new functions. I look forward to the next major FW and DJi App release.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Installed the new FW didn't have any issues getting stuck etc also updated all three of my batteries. ..

DONT FORGET TO DO EACH BATTERY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE :)

Reactions: KLDMT
The stalling at 73% seems to be common. Me too. I restarted and the controller then said 23%, I went and got a coffee downstairs and when I came back 3 minutes later is said done and done. A bit worrisome ! but worked out.
+1

Mine worked out as well. Just makes me a little uneasy when firmware updates stop, usually a good way to brick most electronics I'm used to.

Mine got stuck on at 73% also. I rebooted it after 40 min and it finished the update. I rebooted again and the controller was not bound the the mavic anymore so had to bind them.
Installed the new FW didn't have any issues getting stuck etc also updated all three of my batteries. ..

What do you mean update the batteries? I must be missing something here...

Thanks for the battery reminder, especially because I am using a wifi only ipad mini and would not have had access to updates out in the field.

Reactions: rayco

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart