DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware.

Yep, be sure before your next flight to check all your settings because they are all erased and back to default (RTH alt, multi mode, video parameters,.. Etc...)

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

Also I'm sure I had 3 options for the Stick responsiveness, normal, sport and tripod. Can't see them now or was that on IOS? And same for gimbal sensitivity?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I just reseted the camera settings (been messing with it a lot to try different combinations) and a horizontal line appeared in the screen, it's like the grid style but just one horizontal line in the middle Anyone noticed this?

Edit:

Installed without issues!

I just reseted the camera settings (been messing with it a lot to try different combinations) and a horizontal line appeared in the screen, it's like the grid style but just one horizontal line in the middle Anyone noticed this?

Edit:

Installed without issues!

Yes mine has this horizontal line also, it did disappear though before I flew it

You don't have to shut down the app or RC. Just shut off the Mavic, put the new battery in. When u power it back up it will connect to the App and it will say inconsistent firmware for the first extra battery and you just slide right. The next two it just automatically updated on its own.

It was really quick and easy to update all of the batteries.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app
Just did this on 5 batteries. It was quick. thanks

Mine updated fine on one battery, but for the other batts I have I never get the 'update firmware' message. Is there a specific order to the steps of shutting components down, then restarting them to make the batteries update?

Thanks

Does anyone update theirs via the computer and DJI Assistant? Or do you all do it via your phone and the DJI Go app?

Does anyone update theirs via the computer and DJI Assistant? Or do you all do it via your phone and the DJI Go app?

I have always used the assistant. Just seems a bit more reliable
to me and it never stalls in the middle.

I have always used the assistant. Just seems a bit more reliable
to me and it never stalls in the middle.

I will from now on,

Has anyone seen any official documentation on using the Cinematic Mode also I notice there are some settings in this firmware to tweek the gain for the Cinematic Mode.

I keep thinking I should RTFM but on the odd occasion I do and try and find the topic in looking for its never there?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Three flights today on the new FW the flights were ok apart from the VPS reading kept going red and to Zero ..... everything else seemed fine ... i did my usual turn off the RC and the drone flew back to my Home point.

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

I have only used the app to update and i have not had any issues updating this way so far ..

Last edited:
Mavic Pro Release Notes

Date : 2016.12.26
Firmware : v01.03.0200
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.2
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.1

What’s New?

1. Improved gimbal performance when flying in low temperatures.
2. Added Cinematic Mode for smoother the footage.
With this update I'm now having lots of Controller Interference...

With this update I'm now having lots of Controller Interference...

Go back to the previous version to confirm its the FW ....

Reactions: MarkEt
Mine just won't update through the computer. It took two tries through the Go app, but it got it done. As well as my other batteries.

I had high hopes of this firmware fixing my cold weather video issues but apparently it did not. :(

That's your choice, "let other people be a test subject" so I'm the "other people" you refer to!

You can thank me later :)

When I almost lost my mavic, there was a new FW update that included the high wind warnings, I chose not to update as it was inconvenient at the time as I wasn't on a wifi network and I believe FW updates should always be done with a cable to your PC, so I carried on flying, IF I had updated I would have got the high wind warnings and would not have flown as high as I did.

Once the mavic is a year or so old and FW is very stable then yes you don't have to update straight away, but when a product is in the early stage I think it's crucial to update.

You know little to make such a post. If you have came up the dji ranks like some of us others have, you would know the wise way to go would be to sit back a wait at least 10-14 days before even considering updating your AirCraft. Just check the dji history and you will find horror stories with each model dji has produced.

Hope this new firmware will fix sensors false reading on my mpro

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What false reading do you mean?.... are you talking about when you fly directly towards the sun?... if so that is a known issue and "sun shades" can help with this... I don't have the particular post handy...

You know little to make such a post. If you have came up the dji ranks like some of us others have, you would know the wise way to go would be to sit back a wait at least 10-14 days before even considering updating your AirCraft. Just check the dji history and you will find horror stories with each model dji has produced.

Ok that's your choice, I disagree - again why wait 10-14 days? So other test subjects can lose their MP and find out the issues for you?

When a manufacturer releases FW it should be thoroughly tested (may seem that it's not) so if anything where to happen that is proven to be the result of bad FW then they will replace the craft and think twice before releasing bad FW.
Lessons are often learnt the hard way, DJI included.

I don't need to be high up in some DJI ranking to know that when a product is new early FW is often crucial to update as products are rushed out the door to meet tight deadlines of demand.

If FW is classed as BETA then yes sit back and wait as it's an early non stable version.

I will stand corrected when thousands of people crash and burn due to a new FW update, until then I will always upgrade straight away until the updates become a year or so apart. - sorry for the rant I've just woke up

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead