DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a smooth video while turning.

I have this also, I thought it also was just an inherent issue with F/W or the sensor, if it turns out to be a defect that can be repaired/replaced then I will have to send mine back also. Will do some clips at all resolutions & shutter speeds to dropbox to DJI and see if its returnable. My P3 definitely took better video.

Reactions: hammer737
I would contact DJI definitely.

Mavic should take better video then P3

I have this also, I thought it also was just an inherent issue with F/W or the sensor, if it turns out to be a defect that can be repaired/replaced then I will have to send mine back also. Will do some clips at all resolutions & shutter speeds to dropbox to DJI and see if its returnable. My P3 definitely took better video.

Not seeing any flaws there except moire and subsampling from the reduction to 720p. Of course verticals are going to show aliasing when reduced to 720p.

On camera forums, this is often called succumbing to the "pixel peeping" fallacy. Everyone gets so wrapped up in the minute perceived flaws in their sensor that they forget what cameras are for: capturing thoughts, grand ideas, things for the mind to drink in across the whole frame. They spend months dealing with RMAs and shipping and complaining... which could have been spent learning how to achieve great shots with the perfectly functional camera that they received in the first place.

I guess it's fine to be disappointed, to expect more, but look... it's a whole camera that must fit inside a fifteen gram housing with all its lenses AND a roll motor. This is not a $1000 camera, it's a $1000 drone system and the camera is just a small part of it.

HE7HB7e.jpg

I would contact DJI definitely.

Mavic should take better video then P3

Why should it? Because it can shoot in higher resolutions? I'm betting that in the vast majority of cases, including some of those here in this thread, that there is nothing wrong with the camera. This camera has some advantages over the P3 camera, but quite a few disadvantages mainly due to its tiny size. These do become apparent when yawing or during any fast movement which you just have to iron out by moderating your flying style. It looks truly majestic when flying forward, but you have to be REALLY careful with turns etc to keep things from either looking jerky or blurry, depending on your settings. Sending it in will achieve nothing.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

It you guys honestly think the videos I posted look normal than I don't have the words.

All I want is my Mavic to work like it should. Mine was sent back as it has a defective sensor plain and simple.

If you think its a waste of time to do RMA and send back for replacement than you guys must like pissing money away.

Hi..1st flight with mavic test video..noticing jerky video playback with turning the mavic while stationary hovering. the forward video looks ok but when turn to left started the video is not as smooth throughtout the turn to the left and back to the right.

Looks perfectly normal for 30fps video here, all good apart from the aliasing that was likely introduced by your workflow.

Guess some people are too used to TV framerates. Watch a similar shot from any 24p movie and you'll find your video to be super smooth.

It you guys honestly think the videos I posted look normal than I don't have the words.

All I want is my Mavic to work like it should. Mine was sent back as it has a defective sensor plain and simple.

If you think its a waste of time to do RMA and send back for replacement than you guys must like pissing money away.

Bit strong, but you're entitled to your opinion. If you're not happy with it then you must send it in, and I wish you luck. But if you're looking for absolute perfection, you need to consider a P4P.

I'm getting sick and tired of people saying it's normal when it's not.

Peoples next excuse will be

Well better buy some filters which is also a load of crap.

Filters are good yes but should not be needed to stop this defect.

Bit strong, but you're entitled to your opinion. If you're not happy with it then you must send it in, and I wish you luck.

I'm getting sick and tired of people saying it's normal when it's not.

Peoples next excuse will be

Well better buy some filters which is also a load of crap.

Filters are good yes but should not be needed to stop this defect.

No one is having a go, it's just a matter of expectations. I'm betting that if you showed that footage of yours (which I assume is the worst you've got, to demonstrate the problem) to anyone outside of this forum, i.e. Family, friends etc , all you'd hear is lots of oohs and aahs as they marvel at the clarity. I'm not saying it's perfect, but you're never going to achieve perfect with this camera.

No one is having a go, it's just a matter of expectations. I'm betting that if you showed that footage of yours (which I assume is the worst you've got, to demonstrate the problem) to anyone outside of this forum, i.e. Family, friends etc , all you'd hear is lots of oohs and aahs as they marvel at the clarity. I'm not saying it's perfect, but you're never going to achieve perfect with this camera.

That pic is the best out of the pile and that's the mavic I sent in now if I can find the pics from my other mavic you will see a BIG difference I'll dig one out hold on lol

Hate to tell you this. But it's probably just something you'll have to get used to and try and moderate it with v smooth control and filters etc. All the ones I have flown (4) exhibited this 'flaw'.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app
I agree ... I don't think you'll see any improvement. It is the nature of the beast but you can tame it somewhat.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

Not seeing any flaws there except moire and subsampling from the reduction to 720p. Of course verticals are going to show aliasing when reduced to 720p.

On camera forums, this is often called succumbing to the "pixel peeping" fallacy. Everyone gets so wrapped up in the minute perceived flaws in their sensor that they forget what cameras are for: capturing thoughts, grand ideas, things for the mind to drink in across the whole frame. They spend months dealing with RMAs and shipping and complaining... which could have been spent learning how to achieve great shots with the perfectly functional camera that they received in the first place.

I guess it's fine to be disappointed, to expect more, but look... it's a whole camera that must fit inside a fifteen gram housing with all its lenses AND a roll motor. This is not a $1000 camera, it's a $1000 drone system and the camera is just a small part of it.

HE7HB7e.jpg
I have to totally agree. And I need to stop my whining about what I expected to be perfect. If I plan ahead it actually looks great. Also doesn't the P3 have a changeable aperature?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329