DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a smooth video while turning.

I think some other have pointed out too, might this be an issue with the speed of the card?
Ive notice it myself that the card that I was using was a bottle neck.

I'm using a Lexar 1000x class 10 64gb UHS-II U3
...i know the mavic doesn't need the uhs-ii..
but I've had good results with the Lexar brand and these are the same cards I've used in the P3A, P4 n P4P

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm using a Lexar 1000x class 10 64gb UHS-II U3
...i know the mavic doesn't need the uhs-ii..
but I've had good results with the Lexar brand and these are the same cards I've used in the P3A, P4 n P4P

have you benchmarked your card?

check the sequential and random write speeds, you will be stunned when you see the results vs what they advertise on the package.
You want at least sequential and random write of 60mbps.

Havent tried that card myself, I got a Sandisk Ultra (which is not ideal TBH) and a Sandisk Extreme (which has good speed) however optimum I would go for the extreme pro

Reactions: hammer737
have you benchmarked your card?

check the sequential and random write speeds, you will be stunned when you see the results vs what they advertise on the package.
You want at least sequential and random write of 60mbps.

Havent tried that card myself, I got a Sandisk Ultra (which is not ideal TBH) and a Sandisk Extreme (which has good speed) however optimum I would go for the extreme pro

Thoughts?

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest lexar 1000x.png
    DiskSpeedTest lexar 1000x.png
    578.2 KB · Views: 68
  • DiskSpeedTestsandisk extreme plus.png
    DiskSpeedTestsandisk extreme plus.png
    578.1 KB · Views: 61
yeah 40 / 50 mbps doesnt look bad. Would be worth checking if they can sustain writing 30mbps

Some good info here:

Memory card speed - how much is needed?

Isn't 60mbps only around 7.5mb/s? think it'd be hard not to find a class 10 u3 higher than that... I personally use these, advertised up to 60mb write, but just transferring files from my laptop to the card it was averaging 30mb, still 3times the needed req

Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-032G-GN6MA) [Newest Version]: Computers & Accessories

think I'm running into the same issues as OP, but when the yaw/gimbal tilt is slowed down drastically it's not there?

Reactions: dangerm0us
Isn't 60mbps only around 7.5mb/s? think it'd be hard not to find a class 10 u3 higher than that... I personally use these, advertised up to 60mb write, but just transferring files from my laptop to the card it was averaging 30mb, still 3times the needed req

Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-032G-GN6MA) [Newest Version]: Computers & Accessories

think I'm running into the same issues as OP, but when the yaw/gimbal tilt is slowed down drastically it's not there?

I am using this card as well and I think they are in the fringe of ok, just last night was checking some of my footage and I might be having some similar artifacts, Im planning to get a extreme pro, but well they are $$$ :(

yes I believe your right on the 60mbps to 7.5mb/s...I think the 100mbps on the p4p converts to 12.5mb/s
the max write speed on my card is 20Mb/s

the yaw/gimbal tilt when slowed is better according to other posters. uploading my 2.7k converted to 1080p in FCP recordings right now to vimeo at 30fps and 24fps with x2 shutter speeds..will post when done.
the 24fps is noticeably worse than the 30fps.
just with the panning to the left and back.

I am using this card as well and I think they are in the fringe of ok, just last night was checking some of my footage and I might be having some similar artifacts, Im planning to get a extreme pro, but well they are $$$ :(

Let us know the results you get from this new card.

2.7k at 30fps
same settings as thread starter video shutter speed at1/60 nd8

click HD to select 1080

This one looks way better to me. If nothing else, certainly less moire.
thanks ...it is better compared to 1st vid
the 24fps one will be done right away

you know ...ill try as soon as i can with the sandisk extreme plus card and see what its like..
maybe the mavic will just be for my up/down/forward/back shots....lol

Reactions: cobra46

2.7K at 24fps
same settings as thread starter video shutter speed at1/50 nd8

click HD to select 1080

Last edited:
thanks ...it is better compared to 1st vid
the 24fps one will be done right away

you know ...ill try as soon as i can with the sandisk extreme plus card and see what its like..
maybe the mavic will just be for my up/down/forward/back shots....lol

HA...I wish I had a choice of drones to fly.

I guess I do. I can fly my Hubsan toy or my Mavic.

The card you linked should be more than enough.

Reactions: hammer737
I see the shutter on the last pan from left to right.

yes the stuttering /shutter is more noticeable on the 2.7k 24fps and 4k 30fps. is 2.7k 30fps more of the right spot you or others seem to use / see better results while using appropriate micro sd card?

you haven't received a replacement mavic yet though correct?

the sandisk extreme v30 advertise max write speed of up to 90MB/s...the lexar 1000x I'm using advertise up to 45MB/s either should be able to work with the 60 Mbps (7.5 MB/s) that the Mavic sends. Having the V30 can't make that much of a difference can it?

Last edited:
Have any of you tried using the optical zoom to reduce the number of raw pixels that will be encoded?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard