DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picking up fastfood with mavic pro

Is this fake or not fake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
raw video is gone also, im very clean and OCD about things i delete what i do not think I would need. I still want to prove to you so tell me what you do not believe in the video

raw video is gone also, im very clean and OCD about things i delete what i do not think I would need. I still want to prove to you so tell me what you do not believe in the video
Look back at your post and then decide this. Again, just a observation. :)

I just watched it again with a little more critical eye. Normally I take people at their word, but when a challenge is issued to prove legitimacy by the author... well...

1. This was shot with multiple takes. I'd even go so far as to say on different days. Take off = overcast. Flight and landing = blue skies.
  2. POV shows rapid descent into parking lot with no cameraman visible next to small outbuilding on the right.
  3. Next shot from ground (with cameraman next to outbuilding) shows MP hovering (against blue skies) - then quickly descending to the drive-thru lane, but not at the building (again no second cameraman visible that would take the next shot).
  4. Next angle has cameraman right next to the restaurant wall, as the MP lands well past the drive-thru window.
There are more, but I gave up there. Icing on the cake - deleted log files. The text files take up less that 1/1000 of 1 of your 16GB.

EDITED: had cloud conditions reversed

Last edited:
Wow, this thread has exploded while I was in the air :) Glad to see that there are smart people out there that agree this is dangerous and believe in following the rules.

On the other hand it is disappointing (although not surprising) to see how many people will admittedly break the rules and don't give a rat's *** about whether or not they destroy our hobby or cause additional laws to be created (looking at you @Winiwinston, @f3honda4me, and @longrange).

I am not here to continue the "drone police" argument but wanted to check in on the thread. I don't think the OP did anything wrong here other than advertise to unsuspecting new Mavic owners a way to destroy their new drone or even possibly get in serious trouble (if there were an accident). The OP certainly did not really do what he/she is advertising as it is just not likely and has not been proven.

Reactions: Drone Master
Take off and landing definitely done at different time or different day. On the way there, Marshals parking lot is empty. Leaving, it's full.

I just watched it again with a little more critical eye. Normally I take people at their word, but when a challenge is issued to prove legitimacy by the author... well...

1. This was shot with multiple takes. I'd even go so far as to say on different days. Take off = overcast. Flight and landing = blue skies.
  2. POV shows rapid descent into parking lot with no cameraman visible next to small outbuilding on the right.
  3. Next shot from ground (with cameraman next to outbuilding) shows MP hovering (against blue skies) - then quickly descending to the drive-thru lane, but not at the building (again no second cameraman visible that would take the next shot).
  4. Next angle has cameraman right next to the restaurant wall, as the MP lands well past the drive-thru window.
There are more, but I gave up there. Icing on the cake - deleted log files. The text files take up less that 1/1000 of 1 of your 16GB.

EDITED: had cloud conditions reversed
nice eye, but i guess the different "conditions" is me changing the brightness setting. My friend was hidden behind the small shed. number 4 doesn't really make since...please explain a little more

Wow, this thread has exploded while I was in the air :) Glad to see that there are smart people out there that agree this is dangerous and believe in following the rules.

On the other hand it is disappointing (although not surprising) to see how many people will admittedly break the rules and don't give a rat's *** about whether or not they destroy our hobby or cause additional laws to be created (looking at you @Winiwinston, @f3honda4me, and @longrange).

I am not here to continue the "drone police" argument but wanted to check in on the thread. I don't think the OP did anything wrong here other than advertise to unsuspecting new Mavic owners a way to destroy their new drone or even possibly get in serious trouble (if there were an accident). The OP certainly did not really do what he/she is advertising as it is just not likely and has not been proven.

So my flying style will destroy our hobby. Get over yourself man. I do this in the middle of nowhere. And if u r saying u always have eye contact with your drone u r not being truthful.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Winiwinston
Take off and landing definitely done at different time or different day. On the way there, Marshals parking lot is empty. Leaving, it's full.
as said in the video we had to charge cameras and figure out a way to rig the bag (speaking for my friends who were down there) this took some time, people leave stores.

HA! Good catch. I didn't see that either. Maybe they had a door buster sale that kicked in while they were packing his food :)

nice eye, but i guess the different "conditions" is me changing the brightness setting. My friend was hidden behind the small shed. number 4 doesn't really make since...please explain a little more

Exposure will lighten and darken - but making something change color? Did you also change the 'cars in the parking lot' wheel too?

#4 is that you would have had to have two cameramen to do this in one take... One "hidden" guy at the outbuilding aiming towards the restaurant as the MP came in to land - and a second one standing in the drive-thru lane up against the restaurant to film the final angle of it touching down. Yet, when we see the MP coming in from that blue sky height, and the cameraman at the outbuilding pans towards the drive-thru lane, there's no 2nd cameraman... Unless of course, he's hiding there too...

This is fun:

Arrival:
upload_2017-1-22_23-8-53.png

Departure:

upload_2017-1-22_23-9-6.png

Reactions: Shaneoc
So my flying style will destroy our hobby. Get over yourself man. I do this in the middle of nowhere. And if u r saying u always have eye contact with your drone u r not being truthful.

Actually I will say that and yes, I am being truthful. What reason do I have to not have eye contact with my drone? I use mine for what it was designed for (getting awesome aerial shots of various places I visit) and not reckless behavior. When I am not flying it to get video/pics I fly it in an open area and keep in in sight as I am only practicing various maneuvers.

Just because you choose to break the rules and be reckless doesn't mean everyone else does the same.

Good catch! Now you see what I'm talking about!
Come on @Winiwinston! No lies..

Good catch! Now you see what I'm talking about!
Come on @Winiwinston! No lies..
no lies. keep in mind this store is around a mile away.. sky changes in that distance. atleast in TN

this reminds me of when the mythbusters proved the moon landing pics were real. (people said they were fake because of sun and light differences)

OOHHH THAT WOULD BE THE BEST except my friend took that shot after I already landed. at one point i fully disconected from the drone (when it landed the first time) that was a clip of me taking of making sure i had connection and everything was normal.

Wow, @erkme73, I am impressed by your diligence in tracking down the truth.

Sarcasm is so hard to detect when written - are you being serious? I felt like I was on CSI... I just needed that "Zoom in/Enhance" key combination they always use.

OOHHH THAT WOULD BE THE BEST except my friend took that shot after I already landed. at one point i fully disconected from the drone (when it landed the first time) that was a clip of me taking of making sure i had connection and everything was normal.
fully disconnected due to connection issues to be clear

Sure, keep trying to explain it. I still haven't seen the logs that will prove it...nuff said!

Reactions: Drone Master
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229