DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

So much for priority shipping from DJI via Amazon... No cc charge... Nothing...

I was told multiple times that DJI Direct orders would be fulfilled before authorized retailers. :(

So much for priority shipping from DJI via Amazon... No cc charge... Nothing...
I'm not letting them get away with this. Here I thought I was going to be one of the first people in the world with a Mavic. Going to bug them till they give me a free set of props or something. :p

Here is the screenshot showing shipped with tracking number.
View attachment 306
Glad for you! Great news that they are on the way!

I guess the spare batteries are holding up the fly more package. Probably the same problem we experienced with P3 batteries.:(

I'm leaving for Vegas next Thursday. Just got a bad feeling it will come Thursday afternoon. :) Oh well, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Just to be clear people, all of the shipped New Egg orders I've seen are via their marketplace and were sold by DJI Direct (New Egg operates a lot like amazon with 3rd party sellers using their platform). That said, it looks like New Egg DJI Direct orders got priority over Amazon DJI Direct orders, as no one has posted an update from Amazon orders.

No news or changes on my order info from DJI store through Amazon, dammit!

List updated!

And the winners are?

It's a race among the 3 - all basic package ordered from Newegg:

Code:
               Order Date       Ship Date
incogneito        Oct 1           Oct 21
crbalch           Oct 9           Oct 21
knowtomorrow      Oct 14          Oct 21

Who knew New Egg would be the place to order from, it wasn't even on my radar (which is probably why it's working out so well for those people that ordered from DJI via that platform). I'm guessing logistically it's near impossible for them to fulfill orders on a true first come first serve basis. So they are doing batches of different channel partners. And New Egg prob. got a small percentage of the orders compared to Amazon; thus it's easier to fulfill, and thus people that ordered mid-October are going to have it before those of us that ordered on launch day. That's life, and I wouldn't be surprised if when the Mavic 2 comes out New Egg orders will not be the first to ship.

Can we really consider the Newegg orders shipped? As far as I can tell, they've only had a tracking number generated. Who cares when the tracking number gets generated, it's all about when the courier picks it up!

Reactions: AliAs
Order from Amazon they said... It will ship first they said... [emoji19] .

Reactions: Parker
Just chatted with DJI. According to this guy, Amazon will start receiving Mavics when DJI does! Someone is full of poo poo. How can Newegg and other vendors have them if DJI didn't receive them yet? DJI lying, or customer service misinformed?

Everyone... orders have only been shipping for a few hours. With so many disparate vendors and computer systems involved it is impossible to determine exactly who will ship what when, whether Fly More packages are really affected or not, etc., etc., at such an early stage. Not every vendor can turn an order around within hours of receiving it from the manufacturer and it will probably take at least 24-48 hours to get any real picture of what shipping patterns actually are. Man, the frenzy is really something to behold.

Reactions: Lees23
FYI...Amazon has the best distribution network in the country (US). Hell, they're even "toying around" and beta testing using drones for deliveries.

Reactions: Shane
Can we really consider the Newegg orders shipped? As far as I can tell, they've only had a tracking number generated. Who cares when the tracking number gets generated, it's all about when the courier picks it up!

They are coming from a warehouse in CA so im assuming the numbers were generated, and will be picked up by Fedex this afternoon. I'll update the thread as soon as my tracking shows something.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Everyone... orders have only been shipping for a few hours. With so many disparate vendors and computer systems involved it is impossible to determine exactly who will ship what when, whether Fly More packages are really affected or not, etc., etc., at such an early stage. Not every vendor can turn an order around within hours of receiving it from the manufacturer and it will probably take at least 24-48 hours to get any real picture of what shipping patterns actually are. Man, the frenzy is really something to behold.

"24 hours is like three weeks!"

There is 0 room for being reasonable in here...

Reactions: botasky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190