DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

View attachment 587

Hey dj
Great news on your MAV. Mine is arriving the 2nd as well. Thanks for all the great info from the call. Weird thing for my order though they say the Refresh warranty is out of stock, shipping later. Hmm. On the web it says I must register right away but if I pummel it into the ground before it shipped I wonder how they will handle the replacement. Things sure are FUBARed
There isn't any great news about mine. It hasn't shipped. :(

As for the Care Refresh, is that something I need to order in advance, or can it be purchased and registered (without waiting) after receiving the Mavic? I assumed the latter. Has anyone done this successfully without ordering the plan at the time of the Mavic?

Update: from what I can tell, there are two possibilities for DJI Care Refresh:

1) you added it at the time of purchase, in which case DJI will mail (or email?) you an "activation code". This activation code and the aircraft serial number should be entered here to activate the plan (within 48 hours of aircraft activation). If you don't have a plan activation code (or DJI failed to send the code that you paid for), then:

2) you purchase the plan after receiving the Mavic, in which case you go here and enter the aircraft serial number and purchase the plan in one step (still within 48 hours of aircraft activation). This seems much easier, especially if DJI isn't sending pre-paid plan activation codes.

That's ridiculous; if you already chose option 1, it essentially means you either buy the plan again via option 2, or wait to fly your Mavic until you receive the code you already paid for via option 1. Wow.

Last edited:
Ordered mine from E Zee Electronics via Amazon on 10/4/16 @ 1716EST. It'll be here WED!!!!
I also have an E Zee via Amazon order that they are still saying will be here next Wednesday, but I doubt that will happen. Best Buy waited until day of shipment to tell their pre-order customers that it would be another full month before they can fulfill orders. A month delay and they really didn't know that until two days before the delivery date? Hmm. I have a feeling that we're going to get the same treatment from E Zee, but we can hope for a few more days at least .

I also have an E Zee via Amazon order that they are still saying will be here next Wednesday, but I doubt that will happen. Best Buy waited until day of shipment to tell their pre-order customers that it would be another full month before they can fulfill orders. A month delay and they really didn't know that until two days before the delivery date? Hmm. I have a feeling that we're going to get the same treatment from E Zee, but we can hope for a few more days at least .
I certainly don't hold E ZEE responsible for the delay , but their communication as been seriously lacking . I think they're just as pissed as the rest of us .

I certainly don't hold E ZEE responsible for the delay , but their communication as been seriously lacking . I think they're just as pissed as the rest of us .
It is just a matter of DJI not being open and forthcoming with the actual issue. Bottom line is the units just aren't shipping. If Best Buy isn't getting any I doubt small mom and pop dealers will be getting any. I have no idea if it is a manufacturing issue, a supplier issue or known issues with the Mavic itself. But the fact is they just aren't getting shipped.

Reactions: Hugabeen
Yes, E Zee is being jacked around by DJI just like everyone else and can't ship what they don't have so I wouldn't blame them for that, but they do have complete control of their own communications with their customers. They certainly know by now whether anyone is going to receive product on Nov. 2 so if it's not going to happen and they still haven't sent out a general notification or advised Amazon, that's on them.

Reactions: Hugabeen
There are better options than DJI refresh, call your insurance agents. They will cover against stuff DJI refresh doesn't.

Reactions: BD0G
Just purchase from the Apple Store. I refreshed my P4 monthly. No questions asked. And I got a $200 refund when the price dropped. Simple. Much better than EVER dealing with DJI.

but they do have complete control of their own communications with their customers. They certainly know by now whether anyone is going to receive product on Nov. 2 so if it's not going to happen and they still haven't sent out a general notification or advised Amazon, that's on them.
Absolutely. It seems businesses are always around when it comes time to taking your money. But when something like this happens you don't hear from them. I know the problem lies with DJI but the business has an obligation of keeping paying customers informed, even if they have nothing new to report just saying that DJI has nothing new to report and we have no idea when we will be getting them. Granted some will cancel their preoders but it is the truth. The truth is always the best choice regardless.

Adorama has a VIP360 program for $49 a year which covers drops and spills for all the gear ordered through them. i reached out to them and they confirmed that the drone will be covered under this plan. unfortunately, this plan cannot be added to existing orders so they offered to cancel my pending order for the Fly more package and put in another order with the VIP360 program and i said NO THANK YOU!

I got my drone on Tuesday and FINALLY had a chance to fly it yesterday afternoon. I wanted to see how the 4K quality looked. One thing i noticed is, by default one of the "C" buttons in the back (I believe C1) is assigned to Focusing the camera in the center of the video. So as long as I remember to do this, I shouldn't have the "soft" look issue we've seen online. Anyway, I made a quick video of the footage. Let me know what you guys think of the quality....
*EDIT: Sorry if you're not a Cowboys fan. If so, just focus on the quality ; )

Last edited:
The quality is great if you want my opinion... but then, I'm such a die-hard Cowboys fan I'd love anything even remotely related to them!! Seriously though, I can tell you're no rookie. I like your slow pans sideways and up and down. Now let's hope Dez can contribute, Dak can make it 6-1 and Tony can wonder what he's gonna do next. Oh, and I also think Jerry went a little bit overboard on The Star... I mean, $1.5 BILLION??

Reactions: Parman
The quality is great if you want my opinion... but then, I'm such a die-hard Cowboys fan I'd love anything even remotely related to them!! Seriously though, I can tell you're no rookie. I like your slow pans sideways and up and down. Now let's hope Dez can contribute, Dak can make it 6-1 and Tony can wonder what he's gonna do next.

Thanks for the input and LET'S GO COWBOYS! I'm just happy we have 2 great QBs on our roster... let's just keep winning...

I got my drone on Tuesday and FINALLY had a chance to fly it yesterday afternoon. I wanted to see how the 4K quality looked. One thing i noticed is, by default one of the "C" buttons in the back (I believe C1) is assigned to Focusing the camera in the center of the video. So as long as I remember to do this, I shouldn't have the "soft" look issue we've seen online. Anyway, I made a quick video of the footage. Let me know what you guys think of the quality....

*EDIT: Sorry if you're not a Cowboys fan. If so, just focus on the quality ; )

The quality is great if you want my opinion... but then, I'm such a die-hard Cowboys fan I'd love anything even remotely related to them!! Seriously though, I can tell you're no rookie. I like your slow pans sideways and up and down. Now let's hope Dez can contribute, Dak can make it 6-1 and Tony can wonder what he's gonna do next. Oh, and I also think Jerry went a little bit overboard on The Star... I mean, $1.5 BILLION??

Thanks for the input and LET'S GO COWBOYS! I'm just happy we have 2 great QBs on our roster... let's just keep winning...

Great footage! Really puts a damper on all the initial complaining about the Mavic video quality. Also, brand new Cowboys fan here, but I had the pleasure of watching Dak play at my university as a Miss. State alum. Amazing player and even better person. Great pickup by the 'boys. Does that buy me a pass on getting called 'bandwagon'??

Getting somewhat back on topic, and forgive me for not being able to go back through the past 123 pages, but what's my quickest avenue to get a couple Mavics at this point? Do we even have a clue with all the DJI controversy?

Need them for our company and hobby use. I was a sucker that got optimistic thinking my BestBuy preorder would shake out, is my best bet to wait on local stock at Apple or BestBuy? (even if its a month out)

Getting somewhat back on topic, and forgive me for not being able to go back through the past 123 pages, but what's my quickest avenue to get a couple Mavics at this point? Do we even have a clue with all the DJI controversy?
Basically we don't have a clue. Many vendors are not even taking orders at this point and those that do for the most part are noting a 'sometime in December' timeframe (and anyone promising an earlier date is probably not being very honest.) There is no way to get one quickly right now unless you're willing to pay for a marked-up unit on Ebay. Otherwise it's just start a backorder with your favorite vendor and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunter Cole
Basically we don't have a clue. Many vendors are not even taking orders at this point and those that do for the most part are noting a 'sometime in December' timeframe (and anyone promising an earlier date is probably not being very honest.) There is no way to get one quickly right now unless you're willing to pay for a marked-up unit on Ebay. Otherwise it's just start a backorder with your favorite vendor and hope for the best.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I want to get at LEAST one more (assuming the one for me that FedEx has makes it here) Fly More Combo as a gift for someone, or two someones. I think that in a month, if you can't just walk into Best Buy or Apple, you'll at least know who is shipping with some regularity.... then again, I could be full of ****.

And welcome to the bandwagon!

Hello, there`s an update on the German Apple homepage. The Mavic will be available at stores next year, on Jan 2nd (I hope 2017!!).:(

Attachments

• Apple.PNG
    Apple.PNG
    21.8 KB · Views: 86
In Portugal Apple updated from 6 to 8 weeks

It seems November 2 in the stores... is gone with the wind
upload_2016-10-29_20-56-46.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads