DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I think Apple may be getting ready to ship. I had a secondary attempt from them to secure a new authorization today on my card after they allowed the first one to expire. Can't be sure though because I replaced the order through dji thinking the Apple orders would ship late. Now I really messed myself up. Not sure if I should provide apple a new payment method in the hopes they will ship it right away, or wait for dji to complete my fly more order.

Just got this unsolicited from E Zee:

Hey, DJI hasnt shipped out a single unit and currently the estimated delivery date to dealers is beginning of December so we are unable to deliver the product but you are guaranteed the first batch once dji ships it to us, we will email you the minute we get a shipment confirmation and give you a priority code so you are first to receive the mavic order, Your priority code is your current order number. Sorry again, and we will notify you once we have a further update, but we dont want to keep your order on hold. You are still in the same position in line and are guaranteed our first batch. Sorry again but this is the only update we have from DJI and we dont want to hold your funds.

That prompted me to log into Amazon to see what was going on:
2016-10-31_22-17-53.jpg

This is nuckig futz. Not a peep about the order being canceled until I looked at the order on Amazon. So much for my trip at the end of Nov. Oh well.

Newegg is taking orders for 3 more hours. While past performance is no guarantee of future results, if I were looking for a mavic and hadn't ordered one yet I'd order it there

DJI Mavic PRO Mini Drones Portable Hobby RC Quadcopter-Newegg.com

I went thru Newegg and replaced my order since Amazon or the third party seller cancelled idk lol

So put my new order down as Mavic Pro Fly More Combo, Ordered 10/31/16 at 7:28 pm PDT thru NewEgg.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and hope all those who get there Mavics before me have an awesome time and lots of fun with it :D

I just ordered from Newegg as well. Hopefully they'll ship before their scheduled 12/15 estimation. I depart for my trip on 11/30. I'm sure I'll miss the window, but it's nice to be able to hope for something. Unlike those @($@-heads at E-ZEE. Here's an email I just sent to them:

I'm sure you're gonna get swamped with nasty emails. But, for clarity sake, before I contact Amazon about this, I'd like to verify the following:

1) Why did you wait until the day before the scheduled arrival date?
2) Why is there no reference to the fact that you CANCELED this order, anywhere in this email?
3) Why is the cancellation reason given (on the order page) "Cannot ship to the address given" vs. "Cannot meet promised delivery date"?

From the outside looking in, it looks as though this was a strategic cancellation, performed that the very last minute to prevent frustrated customers from filing rightfully damaging feedback on how this was handled. By canceling the order, and doing so in a fashion that avoids seller responsibility, you have left us with no recourse.

I have literally wasted a MONTH hanging on the belief that eventually E ZEE would come through. I've sent numerous update requests to you, asking as nicely as possible, to be kept abreast of what was happening. If I had ANY CLUE that you would cancel the order at the last minute, thereby resetting the queue for me (to purchase this elsewhere), I would have bought from DJI directly.

By stringing us along, any possible window to purchase from other sellers (Newegge, DJI direct, etc) has closed. We have missed the train, thanks to this practice.

I am FUMING mad, and have never experience anything like this on Amazon before.

I understand that DJI has provided zero information on delivery. I do not, nor did I expect E ZEE to make up delivery information. I am upset over the complete lack of communication between E ZEE and the customer. I certainly did not expect you to simply cancel my order to avoid the potential backlash of frustrated customers.

Please provide answers to my three questions above.

Reactions: Smallz
I just ordered from Newegg as well. Hopefully they'll ship before their scheduled 12/15 estimation. I depart for my trip on 11/30. I'm sure I'll miss the window, but it's nice to be able to hope for something. Unlike those @($@-heads at E-ZEE. Here's an email I just sent to them:
Yeah... Good luck with that . I also sent them basically the same email after they unceremoniously cancelled my order . Wanna know their response? Crickets chirping...

@TopQuark - Small update... I ordered from Amazon -- Ships and sold by Amazon (Not the DJI storefront). Not sure it matters, but it might as we get into November.

Happy Halloween !

Reactions: TopQuark
Yeah... Good luck with that . I also sent them basically the same email after they unceremoniously cancelled my order . Wanna know their response? Crickets chirping...

Make sure you contact Amazon. If nothing else, it'll give you a soapbox from which you can holler. The chat person/robot I corresponded with said that they would refer the order to their "Investigation Team". It's pretty clear the mass cancellations have to do with preserving their positive feedback rating on Amazon. Let's hope the 'investigation team' has some teeth. I mean, why the heck wouldn't they indicate the order was canceled in their email? Shady. I actually think AZ has some culpability in this, since it was AZ that listed the DJI seller as a Prime seller. Up until I read this forum, I thought I had bought from DJI. That may well be mostly my fault for not understanding how AZ and sellers work, but it was AZ that gave me that seller.

The AZ chat person/robot said I should simply re-order. I finished off that chat session with a "Not on Amazon... Burn me once..." comment, and then scored the chat session feedback correspondingly.

I've had AZ offer Prime extensions (usually an extra month) or sometimes partial credit for screw ups and delays - even on orders that were not sold by AZ. While I didn't want or need them to do that this time, I was a bit put off by the lack of any offer for such consolation. Oh well...

@TopQuark - I just placed an order for the fly-less at Newegg (DJI) @ 2216 EST. My previous order from E-ZEE on 10-4-16 was just canceled by seller - though I did not see that you had it in your spreadsheet. Thanks for what your doing.

Reactions: TopQuark
Shipping Updates:

Post your retailer, order date (PDT if possible), and ship out date when available!

Link to Shipping Updates

Don't forget to get back to this thread to post your shipment date as soon as it is available.

Summary by date shipments and retailer with heat map now available.

Click the "Likey" below if you like the new format. ;)

Hey, You can put me down as delivered Today at 9:40 am!
Ordered on Sept 27th direct from DJI!
Thanks

Make sure you contact Amazon. If nothing else, it'll give you a soapbox from which you can holler. The chat person/robot I corresponded with said that they would refer the order to their "Investigation Team". It's pretty clear the mass cancellations have to do with preserving their positive feedback rating on Amazon. Let's hope the 'investigation team' has some teeth. I mean, why the heck wouldn't they indicate the order was canceled in their email? Shady. I actually think AZ has some culpability in this, since it was AZ that listed the DJI seller as a Prime seller. Up until I read this forum, I thought I had bought from DJI. That may well be mostly my fault for not understanding how AZ and sellers work, but it was AZ that gave me that seller.

The AZ chat person/robot said I should simply re-order. I finished off that chat session with a "Not on Amazon... Burn me once..." comment, and then scored the chat session feedback correspondingly.

I've had AZ offer Prime extensions (usually an extra month) or sometimes partial credit for screw ups and delays - even on orders that were not sold by AZ. While I didn't want or need them to do that this time, I was a bit put off by the lack of any offer for such consolation. Oh well...
Adding insult to injury, I looked at the closed orders on my account, guess what it shows for reason for cancelling... unbelievable...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161031-195911.png
    Screenshot_20161031-195911.png
    343.7 KB · Views: 129
Adding insult to injury, I looked at the closed orders on my account, guess what it shows for reason for cancelling... unbelievable...

I was going to say, it makes you wonder how a seller can have such a high feedback score. But if they pull this trick everytime they know they're gonna get monkey-hammered for bad service, well... strategic order manipulation. Report dat #$( to AZ.

Reactions: Charlie Hustle
I was going to say, it makes you wonder how a seller can have such a high feedback score. But if they pull this trick everytime they know they're gonna get monkey-hammered for bad service, well... strategic order manipulation. Report dat #$( to AZ.
Yeah. I just penned a nice email to AZ and hopefully they'll give E ZEE a sound lashing.

Someday... I'm going to click refresh and it will no longer say "pending" That is what I keep telling myself.
There is an addon for FF called check4change, or something like that and you can highlight any text on a webpage and when it changes it will notify you.

Well, for those interested, here's E-Zee's response to my email:

We are guaranteeing the same ship date and we will contact you with a code to unlock the purchase for immediate shipment the second we get a confirmation email from dji. You are still confirmed for a first batch shipment we just dont want to keep holding on to your funds.

I then replied:

That simply doesn't make sense to me. My credit card was never charged, so
you don't have my funds. Since the order was canceled, are you saying I
should reorder now, or wait until I get contacted again?

To which they said:

once we contact you, unless you find it available sooner from anyone else

That's just shady

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki