DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Ordered 22:35 UTC on 9/27 from dji

Pending.

I'd believe the 18th. I never expected them to ship on a Saturday.

Last edited:
I didn't buy the extra protection with the mavic. I'm kinda on the fence if I should or shouldn't.

As far as batteries go, I did purchase an extra battery with the mavic preorder. Within 30 minutes of preordering the mavic my OCD kicked in, went ahead and placed another order for another battery, battery charger and 2 pairs of props :rolleyes:

Finally I've had an answer from Apple!

I go on holiday to South Africa on the 3rd of November so I wasn't willing to order direct from dji or any other re-seller as the delivery dates are all over the place and nobody has a date set in stone. My main concern would be to be on holiday when it's delivered.

I've just been chatting to the Apple live chat online and they have confirmed they will start shipping and selling from store on November 2nd! DJI did say at Launch that it would be in Apple Stores on November 2nd but I asked the same question last week and nobody could confirm. So fingers crossed I can go instore and pick one up on the 2nd!

Attachments

• IMG_5605.PNG
    IMG_5605.PNG
    122.1 KB · Views: 35
I did not order DJI Care but have been contemplating adding it. You have 48 hours from the time you activate the drone to purchase the protection. For first time pilots it may not be a bad deal. $99 upfront + $79 for a first replacement & $129 for a second replacement. Note you MUST recover what's left of the drone. Completely lost or water damaged birds are not covered, & it only covers the aircraft itself. For more experienced pilots it is likely unnecessary as non-crash failure will be covered by the standard warranty. In my experience DJI birds have proven themselves very reliable. I've had 6 Phantoms & haven't had one fail yet.

Did most people order the $99 DJI care? I did not and wondering if I should get that ordered

I ordered mine from an authorised Australian reseller, Rise Above Custom Drone Solutions, but they are remaining very vague. Mid October to early November.

It looks like DJI charged my credit card back at time of order on 10-7. At first I thought it was just an authorization, but it was a full charge (in foreign currency, so I also had to pay a foreign transaction fee.) Given the delays it's possible that I could have to pay for the unit before it is even shipped (or else incur interest charges), not cool. I've never heard of currently unavailable items without even a promised delivery date being charged for at time of order. Is this the way the DJI Store usually works?

We all ordered the Mavic pre-release. No doubt waiting sucks but unfortunately it's just the way it goes. I would wager the demand for the Mavic has been extremely high & probably even higher than DJI envisioned.

It looks like DJI charged my credit card back at time of order on 10-7. At first I thought it was just an authorization, but it was a full charge (in foreign currency, so I also had to pay a foreign transaction fee.) Given the delays it's possible that I could have to pay for the unit before it is even shipped (or else incur interest charges), not cool. I've never heard of back-ordered items without even a promised delivery date being charged for at time of order. Is this the way the DJI Store usually works?

We all ordered the Mavic pre-release. No doubt waiting sucks but unfortunately it's just the way it goes. I would wager the demand for the Mavic has been extremely high & probably even higher than DJI envisioned.
Again, my complaint is not the the wait or pre-release status, it is being charged full price for a pre-release unit before before shipment and without them even being able to provide a delivery date. Merchants virtually never do this and it does not seem like a very above-board policy.

Reactions: F6Rider
I did not order DJI Care but have been contemplating adding it. You have 48 hours from the time you activate the drone to purchase the protection. For first time pilots it may not be a bad deal. $99 upfront + $79 for a first replacement & $129 for a second replacement. Note you MUST recover what's left of the drone. Completely lost or water damaged birds are not covered, & it only covers the aircraft itself. For more experienced pilots it is likely unnecessary as non-crash failure will be covered by the standard warranty. In my experience DJI birds have proven themselves very reliable. I've had 6 Phantoms & haven't had one fail yet.
I agree completely with you Bird. For new Pilots the Protection would be a good idea, at least for the first year while they are getting some flight experience. I have had 3 Phantoms and never crashed one (came THAT close), never had a fly-away or firmware issue, so I feel I don't need it.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
That is how it always works with DJI pre-release orders. Mine is paid too & hopefully they will begin shipping soon.

Again, my complaint is not the the wait or pre-release status, it is being charged full price for the unit not only before before shipment but without them even being able to provide a delivery date. Merchants virtually never do this and it does not seem like a very above-board policy.

Mine is paid too & hopefully they will begin shipping soon.
Being fully charged for a pre-release unit before delivery or even a ship date on a virtually zero-communication 'hopeful' basis does not meet what I would call a reasonable seller's standard. One would be much better off ordering from a US vendor with better terms and who actually communicates with their customers, and next time that is certainly what I will do. Live and learn.

Surely this will launch first in China so until that happens it's pointless us (being anybody not in China) expecting delivery?

I ordered 2016-10-05. 18:27:48 (UTC) directly from DJI through the DJI Go app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I occasionally order pre-release fixed-wing RC aircraft from Motion RC. When I do, I am charged the full price upfront when I place the order, just like this. It's no big deal to me. The Mavic is paid for & will be here soon! :)

Being fully charged for a pre-release unit before delivery or even a ship date on a virtually zero-communication 'hopeful' basis does not meet what I would call a reasonable seller's standard. One would be much better off ordering from a US vendor with better terms and who actually communicates with their customers, and next time that is certainly what I will do. Live and learn.

I occasionally order pre-release fixed-wing RC aircraft from Motion RC. When I do, I am charged the full price upfront when I place the order, just like this. It's no big deal to me. The Mavic is paid for & will be here soon! :)
Dirty,
Just don't forget to have it shipped to the office so the wifey doesn't see all the boxes showing up and ask why you need another drone like I did. She thinks I'm crazy.

I've lost hope in these shipping this month...
Pretty premature, given they said they'd start shipping 10/15 but today's a Saturday. If we haven't heard they're shipping out by Tuesday, then I might start worrying about a longer delay.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead