DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Can you imagine if DJI ships to Best Buy or Apple's retail locations before the online backlog is fulfilled? That would cause some real chaos LOL

Can you imagine if DJI ships to Best Buy or Apple's retail locations before the online backlog is fulfilled? That would cause some real chaos LOL

Cancel order with DJI, drive over to Best Buy, purchase Mavic, DJI loses out on that extra bit of margin they have by selling direct. I suspect that's what they may be thinking at the moment, hence most of the direct orders are getting filled first.

Well you have to add in that DJI also sells to their authorized dealers who probably were able to order units before the average consumer could order. I believe they're trying to do both at the same time, the authorized dealers also expect product because they get orders also. DJI doesn't only have an obligation to their direct customers, they also have to fulfill orders with their dealers. That's just the way that works.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Cancel order with DJI, drive over to Best Buy, purchase Mavic, DJI loses out on that extra bit of margin they have by selling direct. I suspect that's what they may be thinking at the moment, hence most of the direct orders are getting filled first.

they are shipping direct orders first because they dont have enough stock to do anything else.. at best these things are coming at a trickle.. dealers late with orders take the sh-t not DJI..

my own honest view dJI make very good products but in every other way they are a shower of sh-t..

trog

Well you have to add in that DJI also sells to their authorized dealers who probably were able to order units before the average consumer could order.

...which is exactly what makes this whole situation even more infuriating! Big retailers most likely had an opportunity to order well in advance. Even if they didn't and we assume that every Best Buy in the country and every Apple Store in the country were to have 5 in inventory (just guessing here), then the lack of production becomes an even bigger blunder. DJI's production should have been capable of filling those shelves AT THE VERY LEAST. But instead there's been what, maybe 50-100 Mavics actually shipped worldwide. Something just doesn't add up here.

That tells me they had no faith in their product (and maybe still don't!), and to be honest, given some of the issues I've been seeing the few people with Mavics have, I'm starting to lose my faith in it as well.

Order Time: 2016-09-29 02:13:34 (UTC)
DJI direct, just the Mavic. I got my tracking number via DJI online chat after seeing the status on my order page change to "shipped". Fed Ex says it will be here Wednesday!

Reactions: TopQuark
I love how people try to say how many devices have shipped based on a spreadsheet and some posts from a forum or two, lol.

Fact is, we have no idea how many have shipped worldwide.

OK but riddle me this. How many pre-orders do you think they took on the first few days, realistically? Some from the first and second day have still not shipped.
NO major retailers have them on their shelves, even though DJI could have pretty much been guaranteed that every Apple and Best Buy retail location in the country would stock at least a few. Imagine all the other retailers!
And DJI themselves said it will take 6-8 week to fulfil the first round of pre-orders, admitting some sort of issue causing delay.

So if you're suggesting that there's a world full of 1000's of Mavics flying around out there that we don't know about then I hate to break it to you...you're sadly wrong.

I love how people try to say how many devices have shipped based on a spreadsheet and some posts from a forum or two, lol.

Fact is, we have no idea how many have shipped worldwide.
From a statistical perspective those 2 or 3 spreadsheets provide enough of a sample to gain insight into this entire debacle

Reactions: phaeton
Call it a hunch but I think many are getting even more frustrated due to the fact that those receiving their Mavics early would rather make a quick buck or two and wait to purchase later leaving those that truly don't wish to sell, at any price, having to wait even longer.

Last edited:
If we all wish hard enough, maybe Mavic deliveries will rain from the sky.

...that's it. I got nothing else. Blind hope and weak attempts at comedy.

Reactions: Smallz
Call it a hunch but I think many are getting even more frustrated due to the fact that those receiving their Mavics early would rather make a quick buck or two and wait to purchase later leaving those that truly don't wish to sell, at any price, having to wait even longer.

Free market economy. The guy selling the drone is going to be at the back of the queue, when he reorders, unless he has multiple orders on the go. The guy buying at a premium is not going to need to order or may cancel a prior order. So those that have already ordered should be unaffected by this blatant profiteering and queue jumping, and may even benefit.

Doesn't worry me at all. Less seethe, more patience required.

Lest we forget those who fought and made the ultimate sacrifice in conflicts to allow us the freedoms of our first world problems ...like complaining about a bit of technology (which is for fun and leisure) not showing up at our doors quickly enough.

Y'all need to chill da .... out.

Here endeth the lesson in perspective.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Well you have to add in that DJI also sells to their authorized dealers who probably were able to order units before the average consumer could order. I believe they're trying to do both at the same time, the authorized dealers also expect product because they get orders also. DJI doesn't only have an obligation to their direct customers, they also have to fulfill orders with their dealers. That's just the way that works.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
But they aren't

From a statistical perspective those 2 or 3 spreadsheets provide enough of a sample to gain insight into this entire debacle
Insight into how behind they are on orders? Sure..

But not how many total have really been ordered or shipped

count me in October 1st 6pm CST - Basic package - DJI directly

I have a trip to Maui on December 8th... i'm starting to lose hope... :(

Reactions: TopQuark
Insight into how behind they are on orders? Sure..

But not how many total have really been ordered or shipped

No, but with the reported ship dates, known order dates and the spread we should be able to predict approximate shipment dates.

Ballpark, probably

Once they get through those first 3-4 days worth of orders things should move pretty quick. Assuming the sheet we're looking at is more or less representative of things overall

world wide orders by dealers in the retail chain will dwarf direct personal orders.. all we are hearing about so far is a few personal orders being delivered.. quite clearly not many mavics are being produced and shipped.. something is wrong..

when and if the problems get sorted and mavics start being produced and shipped in larger numbers the situation will change over night.. what we dont know is when this will happen.. hopefully we can assume some time when.. he he

trog

world wide orders by dealers in the retail chain will dwarf direct personal orders.. all we are hearing about so far is a few personal orders being delivered.. quite clearly not many mavics are being produced and shipped.. something is wrong..
Yes, the idea that Mavics are flowing like water to the rest of the world but we don't know it because we don't speak 20 languages seems kind of silly. The production rate is (for unknown reasons) indeed oddly low and I'm not sure how that fact can be reasonably denied. We don't know and will likely never know what the real story is, all we can do for now is hope they can fix whatever the problem is and start to ship significant numbers soon.

Reactions: ___
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky