DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I've been checking this thread more than for my bar exam results a year ago. I'm dying. Ordered on 10/7 directly from DJI.

I have a feeling you will be waiting until mid November. Hell, you may get one quicker canceling that order and just stopping by a brick and mortar store and checking if they are in and buying on the spot.

If you ordered through a 3rd party, then I agree, dont bother checking. If someone ordered through DJI, they will get higher priority than a 3rd party dealer taking pre-orders.

No matter what, this thread is basically useless rumermongering. So, watch your order status and check your email for updates, and forget about any of these threads where the is no real basis in facts, only hearsay.

Ironic.

Reactions: A_Chemist
I have a feeling you will be waiting until mid November. Hell, you may get one quicker canceling that order and just stopping by a brick and mortar store and checking if they are in and buying on the spot.

I don't want to pay sales tax and am just hoping that these mid november estimates are purposeful overstatements. First week of November wouldn't be all that bad, however, I am going to lose my patience and just pay the sales tax if I am still "pending" in mid to late november.

How pissed off would a dealer be if they also placed a large pre-order, and DJI started shipping "their" orders before the dealers.
If I was a dealer..... I sure would not be happy.
I will bet a dealer has had to put allot of $$$ down for their supply of pre-orders

I chatted with Dji a minute ago and no new info. They wouldn't tell me when shipping will occur. I asked if bestbuy and apple would receive units before us ordering from Dji.com and was told units will be shipped to us before retailers like bestbuy and apple. It's all a waiting game and contacting and asking is useless at this point. I wish they had more info for us but I guess it's better waiting for a quality product than them rushing the units and we end up with a bad batch of defective ones. I would choose Quality over quantity any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess bog box/retail get priority over small outlets like Carolina Drones, seeing that (bigbox/retail is where the bulk of the sales are likely from.

No matter what, this thread is basically useless rumermongering. So, watch your order status and check your email for updates, and forget about any of these threads where the is no real basis in facts, only hearsay.
I would disagree with this as we are tracking and trending order time with delivery dates. It wasn't done with previous drones which is why no one knows where is best to order as far as precedence or if fly more vs drone only or ordering with or without accessories..... unless you have these answers??? Fill us in

I never said big box/retail would not be delayed also however they will likely get priority of mom/pop. and yest that is speculation. I am sure Apple is more important to DJI that a single regional brick and mortor with a little online sales. That is simple economics. Frankly only DJI knows.

For all we know this was just a huge panic from DJI to blow up Go-Pro media blitz, and likely DJI knew all along they would not make any deadlines they created they just needed to change the media narrative at the time.

We are just pawns in the game of the two giants.

maybe Niestat did not get a replacement because they have few to none available...

Reactions: rottie
hi, I'm from Chile, i pre ordered the "fly more" bundle to a local dealer, and they stated that delivery would be between Nov 1st - Nov 15th.

I have an answer: you won't see squat for a few weeks. Doesn't matter what you ordered and from where. November it is!
lol I am inclined to believe that! I'm no longer worried about how soon I get it. It's about the information obtained, possibly for the mavic pro 2. So as I stated in my post, who has priority? Is it Dji direct, Dji thru Amazon, Apple, Best Buy, Carolina drones, ect? Do you have this info? If you order the $999 vs the $1299 on the same day does it make a difference? That's what this thread is for, to find out and document that information (as well as talk about how much we want our mavic lol) . I'm just clarifying it's purpose

we're getting close to that tipping point where sentiment will turn against Dji if they don't inform customers soon about what is actually happening...I dont mind waiting, as long as I'm kept accurately informed.

I have been spending hours online each day on this Mavic issue since I ordered.. And when it finally arrives!! There will be, weather permitting, few hours of daytime left to actually play with the thing here in the Netherlands.

Lucky bastards down south.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki