DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

According to my reseller (studiosport) on their FB page, they mentioned that DJI would start to ship around 10/24. On my reseller's website, availability is now expected to be mid november for new placed orders. As everything else, take these dates with lots of caution.

Just posted on my DJI.com order status page. So far today I haven't recieved the email.

Order Status Update:
Dear Customers,
We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.
Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.
Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication, DJI

Adam Najberg
Global Director of Obfuscation

Dude needs to find a new job.

Reactions: djholt
The communication could have been clearer, BUT, at least there is some communication. As someone said yesterday, I think it may be time to stop refreshing my order page and think about something else for a while. (Kind of bummed I sold my P3A last week, the colors here are awesome!)

William
I received an email this morning regarding the status of all Mavic Pro orders. When I look at your website's product page for the Mavic, it says that expected delivery is in November. I placed my order on October 5th and was told that my order would be in the first batch to be shipped. Are these still going to be shipped by the end of October or are all shipments to direct dji customers pushed to November? I am frustrated that my card was charged for the product and yet I still cannot seem to find any clear answers as to when I can receive the product. I am planning several trips overseas in the next couple of months and some peace of mind would come from knowing when to expect my order. Any information you could provide beyond the canned responses I have been receiving would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Robert joined the chat
2E0FBsj5tZbHmQxZxuD7BR56asi8V9Ir-agents-2937367

Robert
This letter,....

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in
mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your
Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates,
or you can check for new information in our online store Mavic Pro | DJI Store.

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI

William
yes, that letter

Robert
At this time, DJI does not have a shipping date for all orders for retailers (brick n mortar/online), resellers, distributors, best buy, apples stores, amazon and DJI customers.

William
that is frustrating as a consumer to be left in the dark, especially after being charged full price for a product that has not even started shipping yet

Robert
This is very frustrating as a Pre-sales chat rep

William
i absolutely understand your predicament

Robert
Unfortunately, this is our reality

Thank you for your understanding

William
do you know if the delay is due to supply shortage or issues with the production model that need to be addressed

Robert
It's odd,.... overwelming demand, international shipper declared bankruptcy, other shippers raising rates

I'm sure manufacturing speed too

William
the perfect storm... or not so perfect for us wanting to capture the fall leaves changing color here in the Northeast US

I appreciate your honesty, Rob. I wish you the best of luck parsing through the flood of inquiries you are going to have to handle in the coming days.

Robert
And not to mention the limited flying time before the NY winter snows hit

William,... thank you for your patience and understanding

William
absolutely. I have been itching to purchase a drone for some time now, finally decided to give myself a wedding present, and now these delays. A true test of patience.

Thanks again. Have a great day.

Robert
Congratulations! This is what a DJI aircraft should be used for your wedding DJI - 时间线 | Facebook

You're welcome. Bye for now. If you have any other questions, please feel free to come back and chat with us. Thank you.

William
haha. thanks. hoping to have the mavic by the honeymoon at least. :)

Robert
Wishing you and your bride a long a happy marriage.

tak care,... hoping you receive your Mavic very, very soon

take care

DJI has inadvertently placed itself in the very enviable position that virtually all companies wish they could be in but at the same time don't want to be in. That is, they have created and marketed a product that has exceeded all sales expectations beyond belief, leaving them in a situation in which they now have to play catch up with production. Every company would love to develop a product which has unrivalled demand in the market place, at the same time, none of them want to provide poor or limited customer service due to being overwhelmed thus annoying the customer or blemishing their name. It will be interesting to see if they can catch up with production and demand before the Christmas rush as this will be a hot ticket item. I am very happy that I ordered when I did, am hoping to receive the shipment as soon as they can get it off the assembly line, and will be excited when it arrives at the door. Patience.

I got the "update" on the order status page too. That update doesn't actually say anything that we don't know. I'm not even sure about the point of it. All it says is that they have a lot of orders.

Weren't they expecting a lot of orders? Was there a manufacturing problem? A late discovered bug? Did they underestimate demand? When are they actually going to start shipping?

I don't think they understand what the word update means.

I ordered mine from Amazon (DJI) on the 15th.

I have a feeling that since I ordered this late my manufacturer date will be after my order date!

Reactions: djholt
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 11.36.50 AM.png
It was very obvious that one of the biggest mistakes people would fall victim to is selling their P3/4 or whatever in advance of receiving their new toy. Reading through the nearly 25 pages of what appears to be a bunch of impatient, spoiled 10 years olds is quite alarming. It's only a matter of time before we see people threatening to cancel their orders, indicating that they've changed their minds and are going with the new GOPro Karma and continually swearing up and down how DJI has caused some sort of disservice to its "loyal" customer base. It's only the 17th, 2 days past the initial release date and so many are throwing their arms up in total disbelief. So what if it takes an extra couple of weeks or a month? Take a glance at the Yuneec forum when the Typhoon H was delayed by months with buyers never receiving a straight answer. All I can say is when the Mavic finally shows up, this thread will quickly be forgotten, the only ones that should be suffering from disappointment are those that have sold their only quad, disappointment that was solely created by themselves.

Last edited:
It was very obvious that one of the biggest mistakes people would fall victim to is selling their P3/4 or whatever in advance of receiving their new toy. Reading through the nearly 25 pages of what appears to be a bunch of impatient, spoiled 10 years olds is quite alarming. It's only a matter of time before we see people threatening to cancel their orders, indicating that they've changed their minds and are going with the new GOPro Karma and continually swearing up and down how DJI has caused some sort of disservice to its "loyal" customer base. It's only the 17th, 2 days past the initial release date and so many are throwing their arms up in total disbelief. So what if it takes an extra couple of weeks or a month? Take a glance at the Yuneec forum when the Typhoon H was delayed by months with buyers never receiving a straight answer. All I can say is when the Mavic finally shows up, this thread will quickly be forgotten, the only ones that should be suffering from disappointment are those that have sold their only quad, disappointment that was solely created by themselves.

Already happening.

I know it might sound a bit weird, but I actually like the anticipation and everything that goes along with it. Of course I hate waiting for things like this, but I love to hate waiting, as long as I knew what I was getting into -- which I did in this case with a preorder of a new product.

Maybe it's just me?

Delayed Shipment

"The emails have been sent out to you all last night. There is a delay and they missed the shipment date for the first pre-orders. You will all get your Mavics when they are ready to be shipped.
If you cannot wait then please contact online sales and cancel your order.
I'm sorry that there was a delay, but there is nothing anyone can do about it and we all just have to wait."

DJI-Ken

Reactions: edoginasia
I am hoping to receive a Mavic Pro as an anniversary gift from my wife on November 29, but am not holding my breath that it will be delivered on time. While I think that charging for a product before it ships is a very questionable business practice, I am enjoying the tantrums being thrown by some people in this forum about delayed shipment of a toy. Talk about first world problems...

Reactions: Lees23
I'll say this. I have a Mavic pre-order in & received a delay email from DJI this morning. I remain hopeful, however, if Mavics do not begin shipping soon I can only conclude this was a willful deception of customers on DJI's part soley to beat to market & take out the Karma. Even if pre-orders were 100 times predicted sales, had DJI honestly planned them to begin shipping mid-October, some would have shipped. To my knowledge not a single Mavic has shipped.

I would never purchase a Karma & had DJI simply said "available mid-November" from the beginning everything would be fine. They would still have plenty of orders without resorting to deliberately & blatantly deceiving their customers for their own financial benefit. The deception is unforgivable.

Last edited:
I am hoping to receive a Mavic Pro as an anniversary gift from my wife on November 29, but am not holding my breath that it will be delivered on time. While I think that charging for a product before it ships is a very questionable business practice, I am enjoying the tantrums being thrown by some people in this forum about delayed shipment of a toy. Talk about first world problems...
I think people have remained relatively civil on here about the delay. It's simply a bunch of people who are curious what is going on with the product that they paid for. I have seen in some other places (other forums or facebook groups) people getting pretty out of hand with the fraud claims and demands for their money back. At this point, I'm following along with all of this like it is a TV drama. Like a previous poster said, a part of the fun is the anticipation. I'm just as eager to get my new (and first) drone as all of you and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki