DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I got the "update" on the order status page too. That update doesn't actually say anything that we don't know. I'm not even sure about the point of it.
Well at least we know the name of DJI's 'Global Director of Communications.' Bang-up job Adam.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
At this point I'm pretty sure that I'll never get the Mavic untill Nov.

When I spoke to customer service earlier (posted the convo above), he did mention that this was one potential reason for the delay.
Doesn't make any sense ... it's at least 2, more like 3 weeks sailing from China to the US West coast. They would have been planning on air freight from the beginning.

It's at least 3 weeks sailing; that has absolutely nothing to do with this problem. Something else is going on, and all signs point to they lied on announcement day (to beat Karma).... And because they lied, they are very careful not to say anything that might get them in legal trouble.

Reactions: Shane
Now they're deleting posts and threads on Facebook and the official DJI forum. Yayyyyyyyyyy

They have been talking 3-5 day shipping from warehouse to your house. They have planned air freight all along. They have something else going on.

I'll say this. I have a Mavic pre-order in & received a delay email from DJI this morning. I remain hopeful, however, if Mavics do not begin shipping soon I can only conclude this was a willful deception of customers on DJI's part sole to beat to market & take out the Karma. Even if pre-orders were 100 times predicted sales, had DJI honestly planned them to begin shipping mid-October, some would have shipped. To my knowledge not a single Mavic has shipped.

I would never purchase a Karma & had DJI simply said "available mid-November" everything would be fine. They would still have plenty of orders without resorting to deliberately & blatantly deceiving their customers for their own financial benefit. The deception is unforgivable.

D Bird. You are spot on. It reminds me of KickStarter. I'm still waiting on the Kegulator top for my DrinkTank growler that I paid for April 2015. At least I can get a refund from DJI if I request it. Not on KickStarter. Glad I have a P4. Thanks for your post.
Bill

Now they're deleting posts and threads on Facebook and the official DJI forum. Yayyyyyyyyyy

Yeah they are. I'm just not gonna post anything there for awhile. Its like they are turning into plexidrone. They do the same thing.

View attachment 235
It was very obvious that one of the biggest mistakes people would fall victim to is selling their P3/4 or whatever in advance of receiving their new toy. Reading through the nearly 25 pages of what appears to be a bunch of impatient, spoiled 10 years olds is quite alarming. It's only a matter of time before we see people threatening to cancel their orders, indicating that they've changed their minds and are going with the new GOPro Karma and continually swearing up and down how DJI has caused some sort of disservice to its "loyal" customer base. It's only the 17th, 2 days past the initial release date and so many are throwing their arms up in total disbelief. So what if it takes an extra couple of weeks or a month? Take a glance at the Yuneec forum when the Typhoon H was delayed by months with buyers never receiving a straight answer. All I can say is when the Mavic finally shows up, this thread will quickly be forgotten, the only ones that should be suffering from disappointment are those that have sold their only quad, disappointment that was solely created by themselves.
I've been participating in this thread and mentioned that I sold my P3A. For the record, yes, I kind of regret selling it right away, but I wanted to try and get a decent price for it, thankfully, I was able to sell it locally for an acceptable price. It's nobodys fault but my own that I sold it before I had my next one in hand. I'm not blaming DJI or badmouthing them. I'm just resigned to wait longer than I thought I was going to have to. I'm sure many people who "fell victim" to selling early feel the same.

Reactions: edoginasia
010739rtwllxucmljlkefm.png
Yeah, not sure what this means. But anyone posting it up has either been banned or had the post deleted immediately.

Wow, the whole thread I was following is gone. It had over 150 posts in it. Is is really getting that out of hand there?

I may be cancelling my order as this seems to be quickly going off the rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, such conflicting info, even from DJI. Their twitter feed said they had shipped some on the 15th, then in a customer service chat they said the orders placed in the first 2 hours would go out yesterday, then there was a report that shipping would start on the 18th. Today, an official email - completely absent of any meaningful info - is sent to customers who now have no idea when their orders will arrive.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager there's a serious issue with the Mavic which is holding up production and DJI are scrambling to cover it up.

Out of all the posts I've read, I've never seen this addressed (it may be in a post somewhere and I just missed it):
If the problem is that DJI didn't manufacture enough Mavics to meet the demand, why aren't they shipping the ones they DO have? That's what other companies do (ship their existing supply, then notify the rest of the customers that their order has been back-ordered). I think there is something else going on. Forgive me for my ignorance if there is a simple answer to this question!

I get the impression they never intended to dispatch the Mavics on time. Think about it... they get wind of the karma..

1) 2 weeks later announce the Mavic early to squash any excitement about the Karma , even though they probably planned to announce on Oct 18th (See Neistats post about not opening until that date)
2) Send out a Tidal wave of review units to reviewers / distributers to put out even the tinniest lingering interest in the Karma left, and to reassure people the Mavic does exist.
3) Get lots of pre-orders
4) Stick to the original un-published dispatch time of Nov.

Out of all the posts I've read, I've never seen this addressed (it may be in a post somewhere and I just missed it):
If the problem is that DJI didn't manufacture enough Mavics to meet the demand, why aren't they shipping the ones they DO have? That's what other companies do (ship their existing supply, then notify the rest of the customers that their order has been back-ordered). I think there is something else going on. Forgive me for my ignorance if there is a simple answer to this question!

Absolutely. Been hearing all along orders are being sent on a first come first served basis. The fact that this isn't happening suggests there are no units to dish out.

The Karma still has nothing to offer for me. If I wanted a "last generation" GoPro drone, I'd save $400+ and go buy a Solo. At least it has auto-follow.

Having said that, I am disappointed in DJI's handling of this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown