DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

They certainly didn't have any problem flooding the market with pre-production units, perhaps someone sent out our shipment to Casey and others and now ours are backordered.

Out of all the posts I've read, I've never seen this addressed (it may be in a post somewhere and I just missed it):
If the problem is that DJI didn't manufacture enough Mavics to meet the demand, why aren't they shipping the ones they DO have? That's what other companies do (ship their existing supply, then notify the rest of the customers that their order has been back-ordered). I think there is something else going on. Forgive me for my ignorance if there is a simple answer to this question!

Exactly Right!! They could have just shipped out 100 units and avoided all this bad press. As long as some, no matter how small, were receiving their Mavics they would have been true to their word.
Which means there is something larger at issue. Its not overwhelming demand, its they have not produced the first retail unit yet.

Reactions: Shane and Watty
It's really kind of comical on the DJI forum, first they delete the entire 'shipping' thread and then when others predictably pop up the only response is to repeat the verbiage of the official DJI shipping statement over and over to the point that it just makes them look silly and obviously non-responsive. Whatever good or legitimate reasons may exist for the shipping delay, their handling of communications and PR is nothing short of spectacularly incompetent.

It's really kind of comical on the DJI forum, first they delete the entire 'shipping' thread and then when others predictably pop up the only response is to repeat the verbiage of the official DJI shipping statement over and over to the point that it just makes them look silly and obviously non-responsive. Whatever good or legitimate reasons may exist for the shipping delay, their handling of communications and PR is nothing short of spectacularly incompetent.

This x1000. People deserve an honest answer at least after having their money taken. I don't think the whining ITT is unreasonable. It's simple, we were told it would ship mid october, and yet there is hardly any evidence to conclude that that in fact has happened or is going to happen anytime soon. Paying customers are at least entitled to know why that promise was not kept. Nobody is expecting to have the drone RIGHT NOW, they just want to know why it has not shipped.

Reactions: Shane
I wouldn't even be mad if they came out and said, hey we screwed up XYZ, you'll get the product in Mid to late November. It's the jerking around that is making people angry.

Just stopped my my local Best Buy in NYC. The rep checked their system and assured me they would have them in stock in store on Oct 30. If nothing else, Best Buy at least still thinks they'll have them by 10/30.

Just stopped my my local Best Buy in NYC. The rep checked their system and assured me they would have them in stock in store on Oct 30. If nothing else, Best Buy at least still thinks they'll have them by 10/30.
Best buy also thinks there is a 1080p and 4k version of the Mavic.

I wouldn't even be mad if they came out and said, hey we screwed up XYZ, you'll get the product in Mid to late November. It's the jerking around that is making people angry.
Exactly. If they just came out and said 'we had an issue in the first production run and it's going to cause an x week delay, sorry' I think everyone wound understand. It's the incredibly poor/guarded communications that are the problem.

Reactions: djholt
I'll just add my order time and update with shipping when available to Brisbane, Australia
Order Time: 2016-09-27 19:35:44 (UTC)

and throw in my observation...
First, DJI only stated that they "expected" to start shipping on the 15th and that the Apple stores will start carrying the drone in early November.
Second, I can't think of a drone launch that has gone as smoothly as expected... More than a few isolate incidents with every launch.
The Inspire launched with IMU issues then needed design changes to the propellers to keep them on during flight.
The Phantom 3 series launched without the iOS App, had some shell cracking issues as well as more than its share of gimbal wonkiness.
The Phantom 4 launched and many users complained about short range and bad battery life, then an update borked the camera for almost a month.
The 3DR Solo launched without a gimbal and major design flaws limiting its GPS reception as well as general issues affecting performance and usability.
The Parrot Bebop launched and then immediately crashed or flew away and didn't get a firmware fix for months later release.
The Yuneec Typhoon H launched without the touted object avoidance system and continues to have connection and battery issues.
The Lily, if it ever launches will be late and overpriced compared to the market.
Even the Osmo launched with wonky gimbal and absolutely horrid audio.
The GoPro Karma has had some issues in testing but may be fine when it launches next week (so far its only issue is getting overshadowed by the Mavic)

I don't think even DJI realised how popular the Mavic would be.
If the Mavic's only launch issue is being a few weeks late (and potentially the loss of manual ATTI mode) then that's not too bad.

Reactions: AlexSP
Just got an email from Advexure with an actual update on the shipping delay..not just DJI's BS where they say they are providing an update and dont actually provide any helpful information..so typical of DJI and that's why I never deal with them directly. Very disappointing to see the "global director of communication" with such poor business communication skills. Thanks Advexure for the update...very professional. DJI could learn from you guys.

Yes I want my Mavic but waiting is a hell of lot easier when you know what's going on..I guess I'm happy DJI isn't rushing this out

advexuremavicemail.jpeg

Yep, just got the same email from Advexure. Super happy with them so far (my first purchase from them). Pretty confident that I'll end up hearing updates from them before DJI, which is kind of funny.

Reactions: Advexure
I've ordered from Bestbuy.ca and Amazon.com (directly), so I guess chances of me getting it before my trip 2nd week of november is nil? I should be prepared to backpack once again with my bulky 3DR Solo?

Yep, just got the same email from Advexure. Super happy with them so far (my first purchase from them). Pretty confident that I'll end up hearing updates from them before DJI, which is kind of funny.

We've always been extremely pleased with their communication and professionalism...hence the reason I purchased this third drone with them after getting my Inspire and P4 from them as well. It still shocks me that with many years and numerous different drone releases DJI can still be so terrible with communicating...

Reactions: Advexure
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki