DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Mine came today also and I missed it!!! I have to go pick it up later today
8f2e32a6a18edb1980368afcabd8d073.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I almost missed the guy as well. Took my wife to work and was only home for 10 mins before he arrived. 3 days from China to Texas. Now that's service. At least they seem to be trying to make it up us.
Just finished the maiden flight. Tried to tell me I was in a no fly zone. FYI disable Geo settings if this happens to you as well. I am used to a 6 channel helicopter, this thing flies itself basically.

I almost missed the guy as well. Took my wife to work and was only home for 10 mins before he arrived. 3 days from China to Texas. Now that's service. At least they seem to be trying to make it up us.
Just finished the maiden flight. Tried to tell me I was in a no fly zone. FYI disable Geo settings if this happens to you as well. I am used to a 6 channel helicopter, this thing flies itself basically.

Well, I'm all the way up in Michigan so pretty much anybody that ordered the fly more package would probably be getting them today I would definitely be waiting by my door because they don't wait very long before they put the old sticker on the door [emoji376]

Well, I'm all the way up in Michigan so pretty much anybody that ordered the fly more package would probably be getting them today I would definitely be waiting by my door because they don't wait very long before they put the old sticker on the door [emoji376]

I put a note on my front door:
"FedEx please knock loudly - I'm in the back of the house"

I don't want to miss him simply because I can't hear him.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Just show up 10110 SANTA FE SPRINGS RD, SANTA FE SPRINGS CA 90670, SANTA FE SPRINGS CA 90670 US here and get your Mavic :) We now know where to protest another terrible release!!

I ordered the Fly More combo from Drone World on Sept. 27, 2016 (Through Amazon) I contacted them and they said they could send me the DJI Mavic PRO Portable Foldable Drone Kit (with Remote, 1 Battery, 16gb MicroSD & Charger) and send the rest latter. I took them up on that so now I got my shipping number.

I ordered the Fly More combo from Drone World on Sept. 27, 2016 (Through Amazon) I contacted them and they said they could send me the DJI Mavic PRO Portable Foldable Drone Kit (with Remote, 1 Battery, 16gb MicroSD & Charger) and send the rest latter. I took them up on that so now I got my shipping number.
That's very strange, as the FlyMoreCombo is a single SKU that is different from the Mavic Only. So they would have to either split a fly more package to send you the rest of the kit, or piece it together from individual components, which has a retail value of $85 more.

That's very strange, as the FlyMoreCombo is a single SKU that is different from the Mavic Only. So they would have to either split a fly more package to send you the rest of the kit, or piece it together from individual components, which has a retail value of $85 more.
Well I think they are pressured and needed to do something I ordered on the very first day of preorders from Drone World through Amazon. I think at this point they would be happy to just break even on some of the preorders to get some filled. Now I wonder how long it will take to get the rest of the stuff.
But at least have have one to fly I guess worse comes to worse I could always contact them and tell them to refunde me for the difference between the two kits. Would you have waited for the Fly More Combo because no telling when they will get one in.

somebody summed it up correctly when they stated that the FLY MORE packages are definitely getting shipping priority. Their reasoning made sense being that DJI was getting more revenue by shipping the larger bundles.

somebody summed it up correctly when they stated that the FLY MORE packages are definitely getting shipping priority. Their reasoning made sense being that DJI was getting more revenue by shipping the larger bundles.

It could also be that a lot more fly less have already shipped and they're finally catching up on the fly mores.

So, update.
NewEgg canceled both of my orders b/c they said it was one per customer.

Meanwhile, Amazon emailed me just now to say that delivery has changed from 1/17 to delivery on 12/7 (Wednesday). No shipping info yet, but this will be a major win if this comes in on time.

Over the past day, I ordered another 3 MPs in hopes one will come before Christmas! Thanks all for the information.
Below are details on original and the 3 new orders. I'll keep this post updated for those in similar situations.

Original Order Date: 9/30
Retailer: Amazon (via Amazon)
Sku: Base/Fly Less
Delivery Estimate: Jan 15

Over the past day, thanks to this thread, I ordered the following:
Date: 12/1
Base/Fly Less
Retailer: Apple, Newegg
Delivery Date: 1/1/17

Date: 12/1
Fly More
Retailer: Newegg
Delivery Date: 1/1/17

Last edited:
Reactions: ___
I haven't received a cancellation for two orders through Newegg as of yet. Did the basic and fly more as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423