DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Good question. I have to say the footage of that Mavic recovering after hitting the tree blew my mind.

Preorder anticipation is a good old friend of mine but I can't remember ever jonesing this badly for a new toy. I've lurked in a lot of forums for a lot years (since the dial up days) but this is the first time I've ever joined and posted. I've had a few rc helis in the past but this will be my first camera quad.

Reactions: ___
Casey opens that package today... spoiler alert... its not the Mavic
IZ9JMwQ.png

Reactions: dontic
Haha I love the Casey love.... Hug it out trolls...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rexilla
Confirmed firmware issues causing delay?

Information from my chosen supplier,

" Unfortunately, as some predicted, DJI have delayed the Mavic production globally. There are some release notes below. Obviously this is disappointing for all of us. We are actively trying to get detailed information from DJI regarding the delay, but we believe there were technical issues with firmware in the production models which had to be fixed prior to bulk production being released on 15th October.

If you are receiving this email, you are in our top 100 for delivery of the first shipment when it arrives"

My educated guess is that they rushed the release because of Karma. Using the android software timing and issues I would say the software is being problematic.

And

Have just spoken to the retailer which I have pre ordered from. He is saying that DJI have paused production due to firmware issues (fly aways,) interesting if this is true..

Finally:

There is an update. I am doing it right now.

Yeah they did charge it. I got in touch with their CS department and got this reply.

Unfortunately we don't have an expected delivery date at this time for your order as it is currently backordered by the manufacturer.
As soon as we receive it in stock we will promptly ship it to you. Once the order has been shipped we will notify you via e-mail. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.
I am sorry for the confusion, I have checked, and we did charge your Pay Pal account upon placing the order.
Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
Thank you, we appreciate your business.
Ahhh... I didn't see you said PayPal. I assumed it was a credit card.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4