DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I think if I time traveled back 10 years ago read this forum and saw all the complaining about a short delay of a few weeks or a few months I would be shaking my head. Things like Amazon Prime and all the, "I got to have it yesterday" have made me a little cray. Also DJI telling us it's because of demand instead of the real reason reminds me of the current election or politics.

Bottom line, there are 7 Billion people on the planet today and 100 years from now none of them will be alive. So hey, our problems really aren't that important. And the famous people really aren't that cool. I know I'm not.

Blue Skies,
Bill

I know this was just a canned computer response but what a tease.
Just send me my Mavic! LOL
----------------------------------
Dear XXX,

We are contacting you to ensure that your expectations were met for your order with E ZEE ELECTRONICS!
on Amazon.
Here are the details for Amazon order: XXXX

•DJI Mavic Pro

If you've had a pleasant buying experience, we would be grateful if you would leave us positive
feedback by clicking on the following link:

E ZEE ELECTRONICS! Customer Service Team

I am replying to myself here

I contacted E Z EE Electronics on this order to see if they are still going
to meet the 10/2 delivery date and this was there response.

------------------
We are still waiting on confirmation from DJI. Not a single unit has left
there warehouse yet.

------------------

So if and when DJI starts shipping units how long does it take from China
to get to US dealers?

This is clearly an election year... let's blame that. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was trying to keep the faith. Placed my order on 10/5 through Koozam and I thought they were being reasonable by placing "release date 11/5" but when I logged in to check today "Release date: Tuesday, November 15, 2016". Ughhhh. punch to the stomach. So I sent an email simply asking "Is there any reliable word as to when these will start shipping?"
Answer: "Not Really"
Can't fault them for being honest I guess.

This was on official forum. Dude said he pressed passed the cut and paste email and got this.
I have no doubt that dji is busting balls trying to get this thing out the door. Despite the lack of disclosure.
105154iomo1214zj92j62c.png

This is my first day posting in a forum ever. Is it rude to post multiple times in a row?

Reactions: Yourguide
Another interesting MP crash and recovery clip...

Who is flying these things?? I could see the enormous concrete wall in a tiny thumbnail of a portrait smartphone video; why couldn't they? Same goes for the tree.

Reactions: t00lgasm
so I think we may have ascertained that at this stage there is no official time/date of release. we probably dont need another 20 or 30 people telling us exactly that, in various ways.
Maybe the next poster could be someone telling us something different and have some actual reliable news

please and thankyou

Reactions: Auspete
Who is flying these things?? I could see the enormous concrete wall in a tiny thumbnail of a portrait smartphone video; why couldn't they? Same goes for the tree.
that one seemed like a deliberate test

that one seemed like a deliberate test
I agree, looks as if they were testing the obstacle avoidance. Though I personally wouldn't have tested it "full throttle" into a concrete wall. :)

We got people out there crashing their Mavics on purpose... Smh.

As far as the oct 15th release date conspiracy to thwart GoPro goes....heres an interesting snippet from an article about Frank wang and his idea of beating his competition.

Wang began selling drones to hobbyists abroad, but at the same time 3D Robotics was born in the United States. The company was founded by former U.S. Wired editor Chris Anderson, but Wang dismisses its chances, as well as all DJI’s rivals’, saying “it’s easier for them to fail” because even if they have money, DJI has “even more money,” is bigger and has more people. The proud CEO told Forbes his company beat its rivals even when they were small, so there are no reasons to be worried now. Although he appreciates late Steve Jobs’ ideas, there is no one he truly admires. “All you need to do is to be smarter than others,” the billionaire concluded.

How Frank Wang became the world’s first drone billionaire

Dude sounds like an upstanding fellow that cares about customers eh?

Last edited:
As someone else stated they can't preauthorize PayPal. I purchased an extra battery from them using PayPal and was immediately charged. That is not what I wanted. I called them back and told them that and they explained that PayPal charges immediately. I cancelled and purchased using the same credit card directly and only got a preauthorization. They won't charge it completely until it ships. That information is also on their website under shipping if you want to take a look.
Technically that's incorrect. B&H don't authorize PayPal, they just capture or charge immediately. But technically PayPal can authorize a card without charging. Maybe their system doesn't allow for it, and PayPal only guarantees the seller the total order value during 3 days after an authorization. So that's probably why they claim this, just to be on the safe side.

With the tree video, what are the chances that perhaps he was in a built up area with already poor GPS and the tree was the straw that broke the GPS camel's back so it was returning to it's safe VPS height, flying itself upwards into the tree?

I see lots of these videos on crashes of drones, believe me when you've crashed a fully loaded drone and had a bill of £2000+ from DJI™ you'll start to learn the basics of 'setup'!!
  1. Check batteries are charged!!
  2. Check all calibrations are done!!
  3. Do not fly near large magnetic fields!!
  4. Check RTH height!!
  5. Wait wait and wait some more for good GPS before launch!
...oh yeah don't f**king launch from balconies or in trees or generally near anything.

Dudes, you basically do above lift about 3 foot, hover, rotate to check bearings, setup camera, check you have signals and latest maps if needed... then fly!!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom