DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

If you are unhappy cancel. Get your money back. Problem solved. I mean the breeze is out and so is the Karma.. get one of those.

Reactions: Advexure
Now it says "Shipping Not Available" Looks like that gave up

I tried to order.. wouldn't let me, "Sold Out". I tried again, and it let me get further but then it said not available to ship to that address. I called again and they confirmed that is had been sold out. She said that it looks like it just sold out she said. Harumph.

sticky just went up on the official forum from the global director of lack of communication. Says they're closing all threads related to shipping be cause they are not productive and are abusive to their employees

Mavic Shipping Update

sticky just went up on the official forum from the global director of lack of communication. Says they're closing all threads related to shipping be cause they are not productive and are abusive to their employees

Mavic Shipping Update

No need to have attitude towards Ed, the support guys are doing what they can under extremely difficult circumstances. If they can tell us something they will, no point people demanding answers when DJI have nothing more to add right now.

It's 4 days passed the very earliest day it would have got to people and that would have been unrealistic so it's actually just 2 days late in reality.

People need to get real a minute and just give it a little time.

• First off, it is delayed, the world will keep on turning. No need to get so worked up over this. Back away from the keyboard and go outside and enjoy some fresh air. :) It will come soon enough.
  • Secondly, if you are not satisfied go get yourself a refund. Problem solved.
  • Thirdly, DJI will charge your card when you order, so will other places. I bought from a hobby shop and they charged my card already (told me they would in their policies). If you are concerned with your card getting charged prior to shipping, do your own research and ask the vendor what their policy is. Don't blame the vendor for your lack of knowledge. I just now asked them... took about one minute to do and now I know and so do you. DJI will charge your CC when you place the order.
My chat with DJI...
Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 6.41.39 PM✨.png

Reactions: kykayak
Actually the P3 and P4 were like clockwork.

No they weren't. P3 was released and VERY shortly after people started noticing cracked shells. A lot of the original P3P and A when released had quality control issues with the cameras.

P4 was released but the iOS version wasn't released until a few days later so people had P4's but couldn't fly them.

I don't agree with DJI closing up their threads, yes people are getting abusive in nature and out of hand but don't think that's a good decision to prevent people from posting on your forum on a specific subject. This thread is getting a bit out of hand as well.

If you can't add value to a conversation, then don't post. If you're here to complain about your pre-order, then cancel it!

Enough with all the bickering and attacks. I don't agree with all of DJI's practices and that's why we purchase everything through our dealer but we've always been extremely happy with DJI product so when you've got a dealer to rely on for service that can get you a good product, we're happy.

I don't agree with DJI closing up their threads, [....]

I abandoned a while ago but all I saw closed down were multiple duplicate threads for the sake of keeping the discussion in the main one. I guess eople are interpreting this as censorship, but it seems to me more like an attempt to tame the chaos

I think what they said on theDJI forum was...shipping is delayed. No need in discussing anything further other than shipping is delayed. We will get back to you. Threads are closed because we can only say shipping is delayed so many times..

Lastly S#FU
Sincerely DJI

Let's do our best to keep the MavicPilots forum productive and refrain from such negativity. We fully understand the frustration with the delay but false statements regarding previous DJI releases, attacks on DJI employees and personal rants don't belong here. We'll all have Mavics in our hands shortly and attacking on forums is not going to help the situation.

Let's show some respect, patience and understanding. The bottom line is shipping is delayed and we will all have additional information soon. Keep it cool.

It won't let me even attempt a purchase at BB. It removes it from my cart and says sold out.

Not sure if means anything but bestbuy did attempt to charge my order today, this is after the preauth charge

We may be limiting post about this to a single thread here as well. That will include closing (not deleting) some threads. Multiple flame threads makes it difficult to manage and the DJI forum has gone insane! :eek:
We don't want chaos to reign so be aware of the posting rules and stay within them.

It is a frustrating time however it's only been a few days past the 15th of October so a time of chill is required. Also, there's no point ripping into DJI employees, it's not their fault. They represent the company however have no control of the back end. So with that said, chill out a bit. Grab a refund if you need to and enjoy life. It's all gonna work out in the end.

Jas

I would like to see the thread kept open but at this point it is probably reasonable to ask that we all stop the venting and restrict posts to only information directly related to the shipping process.

It is a frustrating time however it's only been a few days past the 15th of October so a time of chill is required. Also, there's no point ripping into DJI employees, it's not their fault. They represent the company however have no control of the back end. So with that said, chill out a bit. Grab a refund if you need to and enjoy life. It's all gonna work out in the end.

Jas
I would like to see the thread kept open but at this point it is probably reasonable to ask that we all stop the venting and restrict posts to only information directly related to the shipping process.

Right on fellas. Beat ya to that one by a couple seconds, @LuvMyTJ ;)

And all that for a Drone that is 4 days delayed. Lol. Quite an achievement for DJI however I look at it! Ppl are saying its a fiasco, a debacle, a fallout but I bet every company not to mention the competition would love to be in DJI's position now, even with all the pressure that must be going on them at the moment. I know I would!

You are absolutely correct. Had DJI been honest & stated upfront that the Mavic would begin shipping on 11/15 plenty of folks,myself included, would have still placed preorders. Only instead of the current controversy, animosity, & bad press DJI has created for itself, we would all be patiently waiting for November 15.

DJI doesn't care that a relatively small number of buyers are pissed off, it wasn't the right thing to do if they knowilingly did this for the sole purpose of stealing business from GoPro however, DJI is well aware that it takes a whole lot more than holding buyers funds and delaying shipments to damage their reputation. If you're unhappy, then cancel and get a refund. I bet there's not too many that have gone this route at risk of losing their place in line. So what, your CC was charged 2 1/2 weeks ago and unless your billing cycle was a day or two later, you're not out a single dime...yet. DJI doesn't have any "real" competition with its new Mavic, at least not yet. Undoubtedly, the Mavic appears to be an amazing quad and complaining is going to continue until we finally get our grubby hands on one and start enjoying it at which time, no one will remember what DJI did or didn't intentionally do.
On another note, if DJI made it clear on the day of announcement that order banks would open immediately yet shipping wouldn't take place until mid November, most still would've jumped in whether payment was do at time of order or not. I bet most of the complaints are coming from those that sold their only quads in hope of having the Mavic by mid October.

Reactions: Fplvert and CCDD
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman