DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I sold my whole P4 and accessories at a loss and pre-ordered their most expensive package within about two hours of the Sept 27 announcement and it is appearing like I'm going to get shafted. . .

Does not sit well at all.

Z
Explain how you are getting shafted please?

I was just told by Dominique on DJI's online chat that all orders made on DJI.com between 27/09 and 12/10 are in the first batch of shipments.

Reactions: Derf
Seriously frustrated seeing people who ordered on 10/8, 10/9 even 10/10 getting shipping notices...

I ordered on 9/27, an hour after the announcement and nothing. Not even my cc has been charged. First come, first serve my ***...

Are there any direct orders that don't have the following message on their order page?

Dear DJI Customer,
We are happy to inform you that your Mavic Pro order has been arranged and will be shipped on tomorrow. You will receive the tracking number of your order very soon. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2016-10-21

I truly am going to miss reading this soap opera once we all get our drones. I take a train from Philly to NYC and back everyday; this thread make the journey fly by. :)

Reactions: Lees23
Has anyone got any tracking from DJI yet ? Mine is still the same ordered to pro combo in the 28th

Combo seems to have not shipped at all, people who just ordered the $999 drone/controller and acessories separate are getting shipping info.

Are there any direct orders that don't have the following message on their order page?

Dear DJI Customer,
We are happy to inform you that your Mavic Pro order has been arranged and will be shipped on tomorrow. You will receive the tracking number of your order very soon. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2016-10-21

I have nothing on my order page. I ordered the fly less bundle.

Reactions: Tony Perry
Knowing that some have now received shipping notices has only made my incessant checking of this chat 100 times worse.

This thread has 51000 views. Anyway to know how many are on this thread to find out average views per person??? I'm sure I'm about 4500 views. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: ___

Dear DJI Customer,
2016-10-21
I still have the delay notice on mine.

Explain how you are getting shafted please?

Because I was told by DJI that "Please note that you remain among the first group of customers to receive the Mavic Pro and as soon as the Mavic Pro units are ready then we will ship out to you immediately". So, since I have no ship notice and many others who ordered even days after me do, it seems DJI might not have been honest. But, I said "it appears". I'm certainly going to give it a bit of time and see what happens. They have only just started shipping. But, if it turns out that I am not one of the "small small quantities" released to comfort the market, then I will certainly feel that first come first served really doesn't mean first come first served to DJI. I certainly understand how pre-orders work, I do not feel I'm entitled, I am happy for those who are getting shipping times, and I'm actually a pretty patient guy. But, it is like if they had a long line of people waiting at the Apple Store for days for the newest iPhone and the reps just started randomly handing out new iPhones to people regardless of their place in line. Those early in line who camped out for days may have made some friends, and may be happy for those of their new friends who received an iPhone, but they may feel a bit like Apple shafted them. . .

Z

But, it is like if they had a long line of people waiting at the Apple Store for days for the newest iPhone and the reps just started randomly handing out new iPhones to people regardless of their place in line. Those early in line who camped out for days may have made some friends, and may be happy for those of their new friends who received an iPhone, but they may feel a bit like Apple shafted them. . .
Can't argue with that analogy...

Reactions: ___ and Zandian
I ordered from an Australian retailer on the 16th October and they've told me they haven't had many pre orders which could benefit me. Is it likely that they would have ordered a handful on launch date and they would be receiving their batch on the initial shipment? It appears Dji have only shipped individual orders thus far and international retailers have not.

They've been pretty transparent with their communication with me to this point so I can only hope.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Seriously frustrated seeing people who ordered on 10/8, 10/9 even 10/10 getting shipping notices...

I ordered on 9/27, an hour after the announcement and nothing. Not even my cc has been charged. First come, first serve my ***...

You should contact your cc company as it might been denied , mine was and lucky I noticed to get it cleared up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the Online Chat with DJI, asking if my Preorder was shipping out in the first batch, here is the reply

"Thank you for contacting DJI online store.

We are pleased to let you know we’ve begun shipping the first batch of Mavic Pro preorders today.

Meanwhile, we have received many preorders since the launch date, so we may not be able to fulfill all preorders for the . You have our sincere apology for this.

We are working round the clock to get the Mavic Pro in your hands. We would appreciate your patience.

We thank you for showing such enthusiasm for our technology and look forward to having you flying as soon as possible.

Your order is included in the first batch that is being shipped out.
Please check your DJI account for updates on your order status in the next couple of days.

That is the latest information we have been provided sir."

I hope that true

When did you place your order?

Reactions: kameit00
I don't know about the rest of you, although I'm excited about my new bird on order, I'm also very anxious to read the reviews from those that are lucky enough to be getting their Mavics in the next few days. I'm quite certain we're going to see rave reviews and reading through all of them will give those waiting even more reasons to want their Mavic along with add'l tips and tricks that likely will prove helpful.

Reactions: Zandian
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d