DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I want to say something, just in general. Not once, on any forum or any thread, have I ever read a single chat conversation or email reply from a DJI customer support representative that was intentionally rude, impatient, or disrespectful. Considering the overwhelming amount of support requests that have been initiated during the last 3-4 weeks, that's pretty commendable, and I'm not sure these DJI support individuals have been recognized and credited nearly enough. It's remarkable, if you ask me. I agree that the leaders at DJI have failed at delivering and communicating (trust me, I'm pretty annoyed right now), but these support representatives have done nothing but endlessly deliver patience and communicate all of the knowledge that they have been given. At worse, they've done their jobs by telling customers what they've been told, and doing it with kindness and patience.

Please remember this when speaking with them, because they deserve the same patience and kindness in return, as difficult as that is to do at this point for us.

It's pretty easy to avoid being rude when all you are doing is cutting and pasting the same script every time....

Reactions: Chris
We are writing to let you know that shipment of the following order has not been confirmed by the seller within the expected timeframe:

ORDER DETAILS

Order ID: 113-4
Merchant name: DJI Official Store.
Item(s) to ship:
Name: DJI Mavic PRO FLY MORE COMBO Portable Collapsible Mini Drone
Qty: 1 ASIN/ISBN: B01LZW

Because shipment of this order has not yet been confirmed by the seller, your credit card has not been charged and we are not able to provide you with shipment details.

If you would like to ask DJI Official Store. for more information about the status of this order, including the expected ship date, you may contact them directly.

Thanks for shopping on Amazon.com.

Amazon.com Customer Service

http://www.amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

I received the same email today and another canned response from DJI with no specific information about my order or explanation.

I suppose they will come back that they did first come first served on the standard orders, and will do so on the Fly Mores when they actually decide to do so. If I thought this might happen I would have held off on the bundle.

Z

No, Nothing new from CD since the email last week telling us about the delay.
I am sure as soon as CD has info they will let us that ordered thru them know.

I am going to take a WAG, that dealers (apple, amazon, b&h, all drone dealers) will all get them at the same time..... although, they might get limited quantities.

Anyone heard from Carolina Dronz???

I received the same email today and another canned response from DJI with no specific information about my order or explanation.

I suppose they will come back that they did first come first served on the standard orders, and will do so on the Fly Mores when they actually decide to do so. If I thought this might happen I would have held off on the bundle.

Z

I received the same email this morning - but I had ordered the basic package and I know it's been shipped. Amazon (DJI) shipping status on the web order page is useless. I had emailed them in order to get my tracking number. That said, if you ordered the Fly More package it more than likely has not shipped.

As the dust settles it seems that only a smattering of units went out (or might have gone out, since no one has received anything yet) and I have a feeling we're not going to see much more for a while. It's possible that large shipments will start to hit vendors this week and begin to be shipped, but the lack of hardware and the crickets from DJI make that seem more doubtful with each day that goes by. I don't know whether it was a result of incompetence or planning or some other factor that DJI doesn't want to publish, but it's beginning to really seem like the published Mavic release date (at least in any meaningful quantities) was pretty much just a show. Maybe they got out a small pre-production run in order to say they are 'shipping'? No one would be more happy than me if I am proven wrong, but...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic_Man504
This delay is nothing.I am a guitar player who owns a few custom shop guitars.Once specs are sent and they take my money it's an average of 12-18 months before I see that $5k geetar.Talk about withdraws.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

The GoPro Karma was released today (Oct. 23). There was no 'pre-order' at least that I was aware of and the 'ship date' is now listed as Nov. 14. The Karma Grip also had a release date of today, and is now listed as 'coming soon'.

Interesting...

Thanks,
dr

Thanks. No idea yet on shipping, but there has been no record of any combo shipping so far on any forum. It really would be nice if DJI had lived up to their promise to ship first come, first served (I ordered day one); anything else really doesn't seem quite right to me.

I read either here or somewhere else an analogy of a whole bunch of people lined up outside an Apple store all night long, waiting to buy an iPhone, wherein Apple finally comes outside and hands every other person in line a phone, while telling the rest that they'll need to come back next week for their phones, because they requested the car charger bundle, and they're fresh out of car chargers. It makes those people feel pretty upset, but it almost makes those who got an iPhone feel worse, because suddenly they've been arbitrarily and unjustly promoted above their new friends made while waiting in line for so many hours the night before. They waited in line together, and they should all walk away happily together; that's what they spent all night expecting.

I would feel the same way you do. BUT, that's silly; when you receive your Mavic, take pictures and post them and share with everyone what you think about your new Mavic. It will be a celebration, because the sooner you get yours, the sooner we'll get ours. You'll already stand apart from those few individuals who will choose to pridefully promote themselves to the world as the elite superiors who possess a Mavic Pro, and are thereby righteous in their existence above the lowly many who must wait in shame. Those guys will be a joy to listen to.

Plus, I really think the combos will start shipping in a day or two... :)

I'm sure the combos will ship soon too. Before we know it are Mavics will be old and we will all be back waiting for the next "best" drone! Hey at least when you get yours you'll have extra batteries. I only getting one but I do have some extras on order. No telling when they will ship. I'm sure you'll have all your stuff way before I get my extra batteries

Mines coming on Wednesday! I tortured DJI via Amazon until they gave me a shipping number!

Seems DJI is taking the apple model... ship it but don't share the number and you get surprised with a package

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm sure the combos will ship soon too. Before we know it are Mavics will be old and we will all be back waiting for the next "best" drone! Hey at least when you get yours you'll have extra batteries. I only getting one but I do have some extras on order. No telling when they will ship. I'm sure you'll have all your stuff way before I get my extra batteries
I'm just hoping DJI surprises us all this week. Wishful thinking?

This is why I have been trying to get someone to test if the track by reference would work using the order number as the reference #
I just tried tracking by reference number (using my DJI order number) for both DHL and FedEx but no joy. My order was placed on 10-7 though so may not be in the first batch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_