DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I have a feeling Best Buy is going to be getting priority among the other retailers for a few reasons. For one, they are probably the largest consumer electronics retailer in the country. And most importantly....the GoPro Karma is already on display in all Best Buy stores....so I'm pretty sure DJI will want to make sure they continue to steal that market share from GoPro.

DJI Sales assured me this morning that my 9/27 FlyMore Amazon order would go out "in the next two days". Checked the DJI Tracker and lo and behold, a shipping label has been created!

I guess I'll get it sometime early next week.

Reactions: edoginasia
I have a feeling Best Buy is going to be getting priority among the other retailers for a few reasons. For one, they are probably the largest consumer electronics retailer in the country. And most importantly....the GoPro Karma is already on display in all Best Buy stores....so I'm pretty sure DJI will want to make sure they continue to steal that market share from GoPro.
I don't know if your feeling is right but since I've been to two BB stores in the last few days and both reported that their inventory system showed nothing, no units in their warehouse, no notifications to expect delivery, just nothing at all then that leads one to believe that nothing is going to show up in the stores at the end of the month as projected, and in fact the BB staff said as much. So if you think BB is getting priority then that doesn't bode well for other retailers. ;)

I suppose it's possible that they have some ginormous shipment that they're going to send entirely to mail order customers while having none in the stores (perhaps for a month or more if they try to fulfill all mail orders), but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:
DJI Sales assured me this morning that my 9/27 FlyMore Amazon order would go out "in the next two days". Checked the DJI Tracker and lo and behold, a shipping label has been created!

I guess I'll get it sometime early next week.
I wish you guys would put your order times in these updates. It would make it easier to guess where we might be in the queue.

Reactions: djholt
And Apple store has changed their expected delivery time to 6-7 Weeks, from the earlier "within November".
Don't know if it is because DJI will not deliver until then or because so many people has pre-ordered from Apple store? I really hope its the latter because in that case its maybe available earlier in other stores?

In my country some online stores say it´s available by 28 or 29 October and some say around
9-15 November. I have a hard time believing it will be available in stores this month.

So still no one who has got their Mawic Pro or? Not even the ones who ordered from the DJI website on the first day 27 September?
I don't want to read through all 92 pages in this thread.

Last edited:
And Apple store has changed their expected delivery time to 6-7 Weeks, from the earlier "within November".
Don't know if it is because DJI will not deliver until then or because so many people has pre-ordered from Apple store? I really hope the latter.

So still no one who has got their Mawic Pro or? Not even the ones who ordered from the DJI website on the first day 27 September?
Lots have received the pro. several have received ship notices for the combo.

Ordered my Fly More package from DJI through Amazon on September 27 during the broadcast. Just got notification of a 5.73 lbs delivery scheduled for Friday Oct 29, by 10:30 am.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I failed to mention that from the time of order, Amazon showed delivery between Oct 25 and Nov 2. So mine is right on schedule if not ahead of schedule. No complaints here.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Michaelangelo
I ordered later on the 27th. Still no updates. I'm glad to see that early 27th orders are getting updates. Half-baked first-come-first-served is better than nothing, I guess.

The day is almost over in China now, so I'm afraid that shipments will stop for the next several hours.

Don't know if it is because DJI will not deliver until then or because so many people has pre-ordered from Apple store? I really hope its the latter because in that case its maybe available earlier in other stores?

In my country some online stores say it´s available by 28 or 29 October and some say around
9-15 November. I have a hard time believing it will be available in stores this month.

I do not believe that applies to people who have already made an order. In the case of things like iphones, that means if you were to buy now, thats how long it would take to get to you.

You're gonna get the drone lynch mob after you for this comment. Us Newegg orders aren't taken to kindly over here. Scheduled to deliver on Friday but now got pushed to Monday...when is yours supposed to show?

It's cool, at least we'll be able to fly our Mavics around and see the mob coming ;). The FedEx number was generated at 8:30am so it isn't active in their system yet, but I'm estimating a Monday delivery coming from California to Georgia. Just trying to pass along the facts. It's encouraging that some combos are now shipping. I just don't understand why people like my buddy who pre-ordered the drone-only on the 28th are still not getting updates. Very bizarre situation to say the least.

Last edited:
Just an update. After the long roller coaster ride with newegg, i got my tracking number for the basic package shipped from SHENZHEN, CN. i ordered on october 1st and it shows it will be delivered on monday october 31st. Finally, is all i can say. Im glad its almost over. I will never go through this again.

Reactions: TopQuark
Another newegg customer here. After emailing them, they are in the process of refunding my paypal for the cancelled order and I also received my tracking! Set to b here on Monday! Lol

Just an update. After the long roller coaster ride with newegg, i got my tracking number for the basic package shipped from SHENZHEN, CN. i ordered on october 1st and it shows it will be delivered on monday october 31st. Finally, is all i can say. Im glad its almost over. I will never go through this again.

I wonder if our magics are on the same flight lol

There was a picture posted way back in this thread (cant search just 1 thread... lame!) with a supposed email from DJI to retailers saying they were shipping out a small amount first to dissuade the angry customers. At first I thought it was total crap but seems like thats exactly what happened. I think I complained enough to DJI(on Amazon) to get in the first batch. But I would be even more angry if people who ordered two weeks after me were getting theirs and I wasn't. What an unbelievable mess.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki