DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Can I just ask whether anybody here knows whether the Mavic offered for sale by Amazon EU is likely to be supplied by DJI or a third party vendor? There is a DJI symbol/link under the title that links to DJI..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LY38V90/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 521

As a web developer, I'm often awe struck by how different people interact with websites differently. Part of this thread show how people really don't know the difference between Amazon, New Egg, Walmart selling products; and third parties using their website to sell products. This is a prime example of where Amazon lists the manufacturer as DJI so the user thinks it might be sold by them. But it's not; every single Amazon product has a link for the manufacturer in that location on the page. Who it's actually sold by is below, and in this case it is AMAZON not DJI.

See the part that says:
Dispatched from and sold by AMAZON....

Reactions: moocows42
As a web developer, I'm often awe struck by how different people interact with websites differently. Part of this thread show how people really don't know the difference between Amazon, New Egg, Walmart selling products; and third parties using their website to sell products. This is a prime example of where Amazon lists the manufacturer as DJI so the user thinks it might be sold by them. But it's not; every single Amazon product has a link for the manufacturer in that location on the page. Who it's actually sold by is below, and in this case it is AMAZON not DJI.

See the part that says:
Dispatched from and sold by AMAZON....

Can I suggest that you read my question again? I appreciate that it is being sold by Amazon but are there any clues as to who might be supplying Amazon, e.g. 3rd party vendor or DJI?

Last edited:
Can I suggest that you read my question again? I appreciate that it is being sold by Amazon but are there any clues as to who might be supplying Amazon, e.g. 3rd party vendor or DJI?
Well, that is a completely different question. Amazon will most likely have multiple sources for the product, but that is internal confidential information that they will not release (unless of course they are found to be selling fraudulent parts, like the recent Apple cell phone charger debacle; and in that case they will happily disclose their supplier and pass the blame onto them).

Well, that is a completely different question. Amazon will most likely have multiple sources for the product, but that is internal confidential information that they will not release (unless of course they are found to be selling fraudulent parts, like the recent Apple cell phone charger debacle; and in that case they will happily disclose their supplier and pass the blame onto them).
Lol, it's not a completely different question, it's exactly what I asked in my first post above? Perhaps you misread it?

Reactions: djholt
Now that my Fly More Combo (ordered on launch day) has shipped, I'm wondering if anyone has investigated the availability of props/rotors. Two spares seems a rather low number.

Can I just ask whether anybody here knows whether the Mavic offered for sale by Amazon EU is likely to be supplied by DJI or a third party vendor? There is a DJI symbol/link under the title that links to DJI..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LY38V90/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 521
Peterev, as an avid amazon shopper (multiple orders per week over many years), I can tell you that about 90% of all products sold on Amazon will show the manufacturer of the product in that area you have highlighted in yellow. This is regardless of who it is dispatched/shipped or sold from. So, for example, it could be dispatched from Amazon and sold by JoBlow and you would still see DJI where you have it highlighted in yellow. That just means that "DJI" is the manufacturer of the "DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Drone - Grey" that is all, nothing more can be read into that. Clicking on the manufacturer will then take you to a page to show all other items made by that manufacture. There are exceptions to this. On some items that are less main stream, the yellow area you highlighted might be a third party seller in which case if you click it, it will take you to other items sold by that third party. That is not the case with this particular listing.
capture-jpg.521

Ummm... So this happened! And the joke being the bag is the hold up, might not be far off as the box doesn't look finished. That said, the bag is pretty nice; id'e pay about $30 for it in a store. I was upset on Tuesday that I bought the combo; but today I am happy. Well worth another 3 days of waiting for 2 spare batteries.

combo.jpg batteries.jpg

Well I got my mavic basic package today from newegg today that I ordered on October 1st. I would have had it on tuesday but my order expired for some reason. Whatever that means. It happened to others as well not jut me. But batteries are charging so I can take it for it's first flight soon.

So I was just about to go out to my truck, so I could charge two batteries at once (using the car charger for the other); when I remembered I already have "car charger" in my office.... So happy right now :)

charge.jpg

Reactions: dontic
What is this user manual thing you mention? :D
Its a little "book" type thing that no one uses because we all use the internet for up to date information these days. But law states trees have to suffer because they must be shipped with the product.

Its a little "book" type thing that no one uses because we all use the internet for up to date information these days. But law states trees have to suffer because they must be shipped with the product.
Or...... it's an electronic file that you can download and read prior to receiving your 1k flying camera. You can study it so you actually understand how to operate said 1k flying camera thus increasing the likelihood that you will be able to fly aforementioned camera again.

Reactions: LakeTravis
if it takes a week to catch up with less than one days orders.. god help us.. he he

trog

Yeah, but keep in mind there were probably a lot more first day orders than any other day... I'd like to see data though to confirm that. I'm just hoping my somebody's 9/29 order ships sometime next week.

Reactions: Josh Miller
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki