DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on Tablets

platypus12

Reactions
So I am a 107 pilot and flying my Air2S for work and looking at getting a tablet for flying. I want to be able to do mapping with DroneDeploy and you have to use a IOS device. I know they say android is coming but who knows when. And it seems like they have more support for IOS than Android in general. So I have been looking at the IPad mini 6 with cell but I keep seeing people say it has over heating issues. I live in Las Vegas NV but travel for work as well. I understand the brightness issues as well. So after some research I have been people saying the IPad Air doesnt have the over heating issues but is "A lot" bigger in size. So anyone out there have any input? Roll with the mini and try to keep it cool, or just deal with having a massive tablet and wear a neck strap? Thanks!

I have Drone Deploy on my Tripltek 8 Pro (Android) I use the Tripltek because of its brightness. The android version is found in the Google Play Store Here

So I am a 107 pilot and flying my Air2S for work and looking at getting a tablet for flying. I want to be able to do mapping with DroneDeploy and you have to use a IOS device. I know they say android is coming but who knows when. And it seems like they have more support for IOS than Android in general. So I have been looking at the IPad mini 6 with cell but I keep seeing people say it has over heating issues. I live in Las Vegas NV but travel for work as well. I understand the brightness issues as well. So after some research I have been people saying the IPad Air doesnt have the over heating issues but is "A lot" bigger in size. So anyone out there have any input? Roll with the mini and try to keep it cool, or just deal with having a massive tablet and wear a neck strap? Thanks!
Tripltek tablets

Reactions: GFields
I am using an iPad (6th gen) with cell service supported by a spring-loaded holder/neck strap. When I go out for a photo job I can go through 3 full batteries and never have a problem with overheating. I really like the bigger screen size. I have not used an iPad mini and only use the iPhone if I know it's going to be a quick flight.

I am using an iPad (6th gen) with cell service supported by a spring-loaded holder/neck strap. When I go out for a photo job I can go through 3 full batteries and never have a problem with overheating. I really like the bigger screen size. I have not used an iPad mini and only use the iPhone if I know it's going to be a quick flight.
Do you have a link to what holder you are using? Also do you have a pic of the controller setup with the ipad? Thanks!

But I thought Drone Deploy didnt work on a Air2S unless it was IOS. At least thats what their website says.
That's a good question. Although I have Drone Deploy on my Tripltek, I have not used it with my Air 2s, just my P4P

Reactions: platypus12
But I thought Drone Deploy didnt work on a Air2S unless it was IOS. At least thats what their website says.
You are correct, the Air 2s will only work with the IOS version.
1674326777939.png
When I am forced to use a IOS device, I use my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Although no where near as bright as the Tripleck Tablet

You are correct, the Air 2s will only work with the IOS version.
View attachment 159766
When I am forced to use a IOS device, I use my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Although no where near as bright as the Tripleck Tablet
See I would love to just say screw it and get the Tripleck for all my drone flying needs. The problem is the only drone I have that will do the mapping right now is the Air2S. So I either buy another drone, buy a IPad, or cross my fingers and hope DD comes out with a android version one day. Also I dont know about the Tripleck but I can also use the Ipad for minor editing or other stuff. Not so sure how well the Tripleck does outside of the flying based stuff.

See I would love to just say screw it and get the Tripleck for all my drone flying needs. The problem is the only drone I have that will do the mapping right now is the Air2S. So I either buy another drone, buy a IPad, or cross my fingers and hope DD comes out with a android version one day. Also I dont know about the Tripleck but I can also use the Ipad for minor editing or other stuff. Not so sure how well the Tripleck does outside of the flying based stuff.
Are you required/forced to use DD? I use Litchi with great sucess

Are you required/forced to use DD? I use Litchi with great sucess
The last client I had bring it up to me asked about the ability to use DD. I didnt ask if they would take someone else. I am just getting into mapping as a added service and just trying to figure it out before I end up shelling out a bunch more cash to find out everyone wants something different. But I will have to look into Litchi, thanks for the help!

The last client I had bring it up to me asked about the ability to use DD. I didnt ask if they would take someone else. I am just getting into mapping as a added service and just trying to figure it out before I end up shelling out a bunch more cash to find out everyone wants something different. But I will have to look into Litchi, thanks for the help!
Most clients wouldn't care what app you use so long as you get the job done.

I have had a hand full of clients that required DD. They have the account, send me the info, I verify the flight altitude and fly the mission. Otherwise, I use Litchi. Although I have only used it to play around with, DroneLink is another one you can consider, and from what I see, they have an Android Air 2s version

Reactions: platypus12
I use an iPad Mini 6th generation and have not had any overheating problems even in hot weather.
Love the screen size.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13