DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rookie Pilot Mistake *just an idiot

SamBGb

Reactions
So got my Mavic Pro delivered last week and the weather has been crap over the last few days so I couldn't get out to fly it. However while I was out my son couldn't wait and decided to try and fly it indoors on the 24th March, of course he crashed and *neglect* to tell me, that night I remembered to purchase the DJI refresh.

So next day 25th my son takes it outside and comes back with the gimble warning and I try all sorts of things to fix it with the help of DJI, I of course ask my son had he crashed it and he said no. So I submit a repair request through DJI stating my son took it out and came back with the gimble warning and that he hadn't crashed it. The guilt must have got the better of my son this morning and he told me he had crashed it in doors.

Two things have me concerned now.

I registered the DJI Refresh on the same day he crashed it (24th) although it does state its covered me from the day before (23rd) so I am hoping that it is indeed covered.

The other thing is I told DJI it had not been crashed :( and it doesn't look like there is a way to update the case. How do you think it would be best to proceed?

I would try to get ahold of DJI to let them know it indeed was crashed. The MP will have a log of that first flight and should they check it and see that you told them it had not crashed, they could be real d*cks about it. The "I was unaware. My son lied to me" schpiel probably won't fly.

Just my $0.02

I have gone onto live chat and asked them to update the case and inform them of the crash so that there are no problems.

Reactions: CC Rider
I have gone onto live chat and asked them to update the case and inform them of the crash so that there are no problems.

Honesty remains the best policy. Good luck with your case.

I can understand your son's reluctance to tell his dad he crashed his new $1K drone. That's.

Honesty remains the best policy. Good luck with your case.

I can understand your son's reluctance to tell his dad he crashed his new $1K drone. That's.

Hit send by mistake. Sorry. My next point is that the crash is a big burden for a boy to carry. Hats off to him for finally owning up to it. I'm sure it was a difficult thing for him to do, but he did it, which speaks well of him.

I totally agree, I have chatted with DJI this morning to add to the notes that the drone was infact crashed. My son knows I would be upset that he crashed it but we all do silly things, even I was tempted to fly it inside and the temptation for him must have been too much . I would have preferred the straight up truth but heh we got there in the end and at least he let me know before I got into an argument with DJIl haha.

Hopefully all is well and the DJI refresh will cover this since it does say on the e-mail we are covered from the 2017/03/23 and ending on 2018/03/23 (unless its a repair bill thats not too crazy). DJI in the Netherlands should have it tomorrow so I should know more soon.

Reactions: CC Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl