DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Say bye bye to DJI being used by any government agency.

This paranoia of America is so silly, I worked at a gov base and during security meetings they would tell us if you see anybody outside the fenced base area with a camera to call security but you can see the entire base on google maps. Unless you work in a tent everything is on the internet. Plus dash cameras take great pictures of everywhere you drive.
Plus taking pictures from outside the fenced area if it is open to the public then theres nothing security can do about it,

It is interesting to spread fear of China but are we not doing the same to them with bigger drones and satellites? What is the big worry. What about the billions of other photos like flickr and Facebook. Do we need to be so paranoid? What about when we post on this site and Youtube?? It does not worry me.

Reactions: 韦马可
It is interesting to spread fear of China but are we not doing the same to them with bigger drones and satellites? What is the big worry. What about the billions of other photos like flickr and Facebook. Do we need to be so paranoid? What about when we post on this site and Youtube?? It does not worry me.

There have been legitimate concerns about data leakage when these devices are used for somewhat sensitive operations. Those have largely been addressed. For the average user taking advantage of the DJI cloud storage of flight data there should be no expectation of data security and I agree - why would most people care for personal use.

@sar104 Hey bud send me a PM if you hear anything on this. My wife collapsed the other night and we just found out she has cancer so I won't be droning or following up on this for a while, we will be in the hospital for some time.. Something tells me this is just for PG&E and a couple other providers that are just being paranoid turds. I checked with local LE here and they are using DJI and being trained so something is a miss. Ill catch ya later bud and always thanks for the info. We don't always agree on stuff but your a straight shooter and that's why I always respect what you say and go back and rethink my position.

Reactions: raymo
@sar104 Hey bud send me a PM if you hear anything on this. My wife collapsed the other night and we just found out she has cancer so I won't be droning or following up on this for a while, we will be in the hospital for some time.. Something tells me this is just for PG&E and a couple other providers that are just being paranoid turds. I checked with local LE here and they are using DJI and being trained so something is a miss. Ill catch ya later bud and always thanks for the info. We don't always agree on stuff but your a straight shooter and that's why I always respect what you say and go back and rethink my position.

Will do. Sorry to hear about that news.

didnt i just see a story about dji getting hacked and users drone footage and files were exposed? even if the Chinese are not abusing back doors i dont see them being "safe" for our military and police.

didnt i just see a story about dji getting hacked and users drone footage and files were exposed? even if the Chinese are not abusing back doors i dont see them being "safe" for our military and police.

You probably did, but that's only a problem if you are using the aircraft with a network connection and/or using DJI cloud storage. For any kind of sensitive use the solution is to use the Pilot app with no cloud storage and all network connections turned off.

Reactions: kissmybrass
That is old news, has been corrected and was mostly FAKE news. DJI is working closely with the USA / Military and Police. This was part of Trumps/Team scare tactic to put pressure on China in Trade War. Better to be concerned about the 30% price increase of DJI products when Trumps tariffs kick in.

Reactions: 韦马可
This is the kind of dribble you can almost guarantee will keep popping up on the forums for years to come, with some kind of different spin, each time.

Police and fire agencies in my area that have drones are all using DJI models.

The only agency im aware of that uses something different is Michigan State Police and this is likely because they started their drone program years before Matrice hit the market.

This is the kind of dribble you can almost guarantee will keep popping up on the forums for years to come, with some kind of different spin, each time.

Yep complete with some idiot blaming it on a current president if that president doesn't belong to his party of choice.

The only agency im aware of that uses something different is Michigan State Police and this is likely because they started their drone program years before Matrice hit the market.
A good friend is a NYSP Drone pilot using DJI drones and other brands with no problems.

That is old news, has been corrected and was mostly FAKE news. DJI is working closely with the USA / Military and Police. This was part of Trumps/Team scare tactic to put pressure on China in Trade War. Better to be concerned about the 30% price increase of DJI products when Trumps tariffs kick in.

Yea... tariffs have been in effect for quite some time AND the ban was instituted on ALL over the counter drones regardless of where they are made. The problem was that soldiers were buying them personally and flying them without authorization. Oh and it wasn't a "scare tactic" to believe that consumer drones could be hacked because WE WERE HACKING THEIRS! I have it on pretty good authority that the DoD is taking a close look at the M2E right now. Also, DJI implemented the ability to stop all outside "tracking" of their drones months ago. I may have heard a few "rumors" that units in the field have started quietly using drones again. With permission, of course.

Yep, Grand Rapids is in with DJI. What drones are the State Police using?

Yep, Grand Rapids is in with DJI. What drones are the State Police using?

I believe it’s an aeron sky ranger. It cost over $100k and appears to be inferior to matrice 210 in every aspect except flight time.

They also do not fly under part 107, rather they they use a COA that covers the entire state. The paperwork and training involved in the coa are likely easier for an agency like msp since they already have an aviation division compared to a small
Municipality. It is my understanding that They have to file a flight plan and engage in what I consider a burdensome amount of organization, notification, and paperwork before they can begin a mission.

The sky ranger does boast up to 50 minute flight time.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007