DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

This semi hard case backpack was only 36$ on amazon free shipping but it did take forever shipping from china...

I honestly expected it to be much less quality than this. It smells like glue or sumn but other than that i got 0 complaints. Its super compact for being able to hold my entire kit ;accessories ,spares and all. Stitching, zipper, handle and materials used all look great surprisingly. I highly recommend this one if your looking for the most bang for ur buck.

6845ed87b65da8febdea021148ca767d.jpg
b85ddb1411539d3d98c805ded4947b42.jpg
dcd968aecf83d1ada7ff3635b91da6a6.jpg
372d628859a47005c2681824ac0f12b2.jpg
0624120ce051c99947d5fbc0f5d1e391.jpg
1bb7a45aeb1a413d4bd483b8e4f5123d.jpg

Its smaller than std paper grocery bag
cc5d0e3f9d3713c171bdf49383ce694a.jpg
I like this too since you can carry it like a backpack. Price must went up..found on Amazon for $49. Says waterproof would you agree? How durable is the cf grain? Will it scatch easy? So many nice setup in this thread hard to decide. I'm still waiting for my Fly more combo so have time to decide. Thanks...

I have to confess my obsession with bags. I am what is known as a bag freak. I have bags to contain my bags. I have several Pelican cases and even have Taylor Guitar Gig Bags that are great for many things. I've purchased backpacks for my Phantom 2 and Phantom 4 and even did a YouTube video on the "Worlds Cheapest Phantom Backpack"
. So, when I got my Mavic and it came time to create a bag, I cast off the bag that came with the "Fly More" package since it just is too small for easy packing and unpacking and instead dug up an old Samsonite camera bag that works PERFECT. Here it is: I've included a photo of the bag itself with a coke can for size perspective. The second photo shows the entire contents. I purchased the bag years ago from a camera shop so I included the labels if you want to try to find one. Under the top there is room for business cards for ID and reading glasses. As I open the top lid the Mavic easily sits on top. The Mavic sits on a small padded divider that was originally designed for a cushion on the bottom of the camera bag. I cut two holes for the controller sticks for stress relief. As I lift that divider I can access the most often used items, (controller and power supply). The two zip pockets on each end easily carries my two extra batteries. Under the front flap is a pocket for the car charger and battery charging hub. There is also a zipped pocket on the front flap that easily carries several extra props. 01Mavic-Bag-Size-170204.jpg 02Mavic-Bag-Contents-170204.jpg 02Mavic-Bag-Label1-170204.jpg 03Mavic-Bag-Label2-170204.jpg 05Mavic-Bag-Open-170204.jpg 06Mavic-Bag-Divider-170204.jpg 07Mavic-Bag-Inside-170204.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Do you also store/carry your tablet in this case?

No, I carry the tablet separately outside of the case. Technically I could put it in there flat on the right side, in the area that sits on top of the MavMount and remote, but I keep a collapsable sunshade in that spot instead.

I have to confess my obsession with bags. I am what is known as a bag freak. I have bags to contain my bags. I have several Pelican cases and even have Taylor Guitar Gig Bags that are great for many things. I've purchased backpacks for my Phantom 2 and Phantom 4 and even did a YouTube video on the "Worlds Cheapest Phantom Backpack"
. So, when I got my Mavic and it came time to create a bag, I cast off the bag that came with the "Fly More" package since it just is too small for easy packing and unpacking and instead dug up an old Samsonite camera bag that works PERFECT. Here it is: I've included a photo of the bag itself with a coke can for size perspective. The second photo shows the entire contents. I purchased the bag years ago from a camera shop so I included the labels if you want to try to find one. Under the top there is room for business cards for ID and reading glasses. As I open the top lid the Mavic easily sits on top. The Mavic sits on a small padded divider that was originally designed for a cushion on the bottom of the camera bag. I cut two holes for the controller sticks for stress relief. As I lift that divider I can access the most often used items, (controller and power supply). The two zip pockets on each end easily carries my two extra batteries. Under the front flap is a pocket for the car charger and battery charging hub. There is also a zipped pocket on the front flap that easily carries several extra props. View attachment 5724 View attachment 5725 View attachment 5726 View attachment 5727 View attachment 5728 View attachment 5729 View attachment 5730

That's an interesting way to travel with a Phantom 4 but what if you slip or fall. That drone would be toast. This exemplifies why the Mavic Pro is the perfect drone for portability. Just says. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have checked the Peak Design everyday backpack, but way too expensive, although excellent design for everyday's use.
I bought the Lowepro Sling edge 250 AW, as I do hiking and traveling sometimes with my mirrorless camera, so this bag is big enough to hold the Mavic Pro gear also with the camera (even with the 18-200 mm lens on).

I've also seen people put the mavic with the landing gear on (extension legs) into the bag, since it is large enough.

Last edited:
hat's an interesting way to travel with a Phantom 4 but what if you slip or fall. That drone would be toast. This exemplifies why the Mavic Pro is the perfect drone for portability. Just says.
Yeah, I used that bag for a short time until I bought a more customized backpack suitable for travel. It certainly wasn't made for protection on hikes. I like to show ways to solve problems in an easy and inexpensive fashion. For the Phantom 4 I purchased a Lowepro DroneGuard BP 450. Just the best. What is amazing about the Mavic is the size. I travel constantly on my job. Being able to carry the Mavic places in a very small case like the Samsonite camera bag I featured is such a convenience. Especially since it doesn't shout, "Hey, there's a drone in here!"

Can someone comment on the quality and use of the DJI shoulder bag, that comes in many of the Mavic kits?

Can someone comment on the quality and use of the DJI shoulder bag, that comes in many of the Mavic kits?
It's a good bag for sure. The best part about it is that it's small enough to take anywhere and it looks like you have a camcorder or something in it. It has a belt loop as well as a shoulder strap. I don't use it because it makes unloading and loading cumbersome. Check this video out for a good method to fit everything in it, since the average user would leave things at home because of its tight fit.

Reactions: Glen e
Been using this CaseLogic case for over a month. Tried a few but settled on this - fits into my backpack or I can take it around on its own. It's designed for GoPros but plenty of flexibility.

FullSizeRender 5.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender 6.jpgFullSizeRender 2.jpg FullSizeRender 3.jpg FullSizeRender 4.jpg

The fit is a tight (which i prefer); the remote control is at a slight angle so the stick doesn't touch the Mavic. Shoulder strap is from an old laptop bag and didn't come with the case.

If interested, less then $25 on Amazon Prime - "Case Logic KAC-101 Kontrast Action-Cam Case".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31