DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

I am looking for a hard case that I would be able to carry my Mavic, everything from the fly more bundle and an iPad mini. I would rather not have something that is pluck and pull. I like the look of a molded insert better. Has anyone seen something like this or something that could be slightly modified to meet those needs?

Check to see if info here will help you find what you're looking for: Hard case that will also accomodate a MavMount

Since seeing this idea floating around, got these two bags just to have ready when needed to add into a backpack. The tall one, ( padded tactical MOLLE H2O pouch ), holds the Mavic w attached batt, and one spare batt in the center pouch, and the controller in the front pouch. ( Just ordered a stick guard for more protection ). If needed, I could add one more batt to the water pouch
The other is a small tactical first aid kit. It holds 2extra batts, both car and AC chargers, and extra blades with some room to spare. Everything fits well.View attachment 3754View attachment 3755View attachment 3756View attachment 3757

this is the best idea yet cos this Mavic is small and covert i dont want to draw attention by bringing a giant bag or case that screams look at me. also with this set up you could always attach it to your regular bag when going hiking. you mind providing some links to where you got them? and is the padding inside adequate?

this is the best idea yet cos this Mavic is small and covert i dont want to draw attention by bringing a giant bag or case that screams look at me. also with this set up you could always attach it to your regular bag when going hiking. you mind providing some links to where you got them? and is the padding inside adequate?

Yes, this was my reason as well, something small that I could carry in or on my backpack or just use either attached to my belt or using as a sling.
Works great of me. Padding seems good, I did add some extra protection to the top and bottom of the H2O pouch by using a couple of leftover dividers from an pleican case insert.

I also keep everything in a small hard case for storage I got from Sams for 20 bucks
IMG_2330.JPG

Here is the link I purchased from Amazon: Pouch http://a.co/jc2kSXm - First Aid http://a.co/i5JqOiX

Last edited:
Just took delivery of a condor H20 pouch (like the one listed in post #270). Here's a link.

https://www.amazon.com/Condor-H2O-Pouch-Bladder-Included/dp/B0086UBPDM

It fits perfectly! Mavic wearing a battery, plus a spare battery nestled into the top flap of the main compartment. The controller fits in the smaller front pouch with a bit of room for some small goodies or snacks. I had to order a shoulder strap separately as it doesn't come with one, but this will absolutely by my go-to bag for quick outings or when I don't want to carry the 150 Sling (which is super small itself).

Really a great find for being super compact!

Ive got the Mavic Pro Fly More bag for hiking to locations and thats fine.

I had to jump on the $22.00 Sam's Club Members Mark 16" hard case as its just too great a deal price wise to pass up!
I did a little BD0G motion detector light modification and am very pleased with the outcome.

I also wanted a hard case to use as a raised launch site and with this one if I kick it or slam it into sand I could care less. Plus I like showing up at the kiddie parks with a case that looks like its for my firearm. Yes , sometimes my sense of humor is a bit skewed. :)
I walk in with it like I am a serious operator and just watch peoples faces.

The motion detector light is a dual light RED and GREEN and I like the red light at night as it preserves your night vision. (eyes do not have to compensate for bright white light at night) . Light is powered by 2 AA batteries and only operates when motion is detected so battery life is maximized.

Here is a video showcasing the case

Where did you get the light?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Found the perfect solution for me.
The Large eagle creek Specter eCube which fits perfectly inside the top compartment of the Manfrotto Street backpack. Then my DSLR and lenses fit into the bottom compartment. There is also room for my MacBook Pro in the laptop sleeve.

e36cf2959f7687b134b5c3c667eaabc8.jpg

Where did you get the light?

@vdubbin1967
Its just like this one

Motion Sensor Automatic LED Night Light Toilet Bowl

Take the back of the case off and remove the internals. Then place electrical tape over the sensor that detects illumination so you "fool" the device into thinking its always dark. Then paint the outside of the case to match I used a light layer of primer and then flat black. Covered great. Reassemble and mount with double sided tape or hot glue.

You can most likely find these devices even more inexpensively as well on the internet. i.e. AliExpress in China

Reactions: vdubbin1967
@vdubbin1967
Its just like this one

Motion Sensor Automatic LED Night Light Toilet Bowl

Take the back of the case off and remove the internals. Then place electrical tape over the sensor that detects illumination so you "fool" the device into thinking its always dark. Then paint the outside of the case to match I used a light layer of primer and then flat black. Covered great. Reassemble and mount with double sided tape or hot glue.

You can most likely find these devices even more inexpensively as well on the internet. i.e. AliExpress in China
LOL, toilet bowl light...those have always cracked me up. Do people really want a red/green/blue/whatever glowing toilet bowl?

Sorry, I know this is off-topic.

I wish someone would make a case with a pre-made foam cut out that would accommodate a mavmount.

LOL, toilet bowl light...those have always cracked me up. Do people really want a red/green/blue/whatever glowing toilet bowl?

Sorry, I know this is off-topic.

Funny thing is I almost bought my parents one at Walgreens...they are getting old lol. Kinda odd though. Why illuminate what is in the toilet? I guess cool for those middle of night bathroom trips so you don't have to put on bright light

The only one I can find is the larger one online. When I went in store I was planning on looking at the larger 70 dollar one but then I saw this and it's perfect size with still room to spare if I get more accessories. This has the code if you wanted to call them about it. I've used it for takeoffs too but not landing, a little bit nervous to try that.
37f99276037980454c095991e7940c0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Col@Medlow
The only one I can find is the larger one online. When I went in store I was planning on looking at the larger 70 dollar one but then I saw this and it's perfect size with still room to spare if I get more accessories. This has the code if you wanted to call them about it. I've used it for takeoffs too but not landing, a little bit nervous to try that.
37f99276037980454c095991e7940c0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Ok , thanks for that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMG_1064.JPG IMG_1065.JPG IMG_1067.JPG IMG_1068.JPG IMG_1070.JPG I finally got my Mavic Pro after three months waiting. Well I think it looks good in its new home, ready to travel if the show storms in the U.K. turn up.

Funny thing is I almost bought my parents one at Walgreens...they are getting old lol. Kinda odd though. Why illuminate what is in the toilet? I guess cool for those middle of night bathroom trips so you don't have to put on bright light

I had the same thoughts when I received two for Christmas. Then a light bulb went off (no pun) went off in my head and I thought "hard case light".

I actually mounted the other one on my primary toilet cause I have been know to miss target in the middle of the night or early mornings. Saves my night vision as I dont have to turn on the eyeball searing over sink lights. Those seem to be powered by a gigawatt flux capacitor.

Its really about function over form with this style light.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_