DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone Try to Shoot Down My Mavic?

I just finished a test using mavic at 60 fps and a gopro at 60fps firing various rounds of ammo.....9mm, 12 gauge slug, .22 LR, 308, .223

will post video later today.....
Cool did you try to set up the sun and distance approximately the same angle to get a better reenactment? Looking foward to seeing it!

Looks like a golf ball to me. No way you'd catch a rifle round traveling that smoothly at 60fps. Or bug or lens flare like others have said.

Looks like a golf ball to me. No way you'd catch a rifle round traveling that smoothly at 60fps. Or bug or lens flare like others have said.

Could be a good ball. That's a great guess. It was moving with the speed of a golf ball for sure. Just not a bullet.

Reactions: Lapeer20m
I remember seeing something very similar earlier this year. I found the video link for it, but the guy must have removed it for some reason (men in black?)... Here's another one that has similarities.

I'm sure there's a rational explanation, but it does get the wheels spinning...

Reactions: ody360 and Blades
I remember seeing something very similar earlier this year. I found the video link for it, but the guy must have removed it for some reason (men in black?)... Here's another one that has similarities.

That does look similar!

Reactions: ody360
Cool did you try to set up the sun and distance approximately the same angle to get a better reenactment? Looking foward to seeing it!

I set the angles approximately the same. I didn't have the opportunity to set the sun and distance.

I shot from about 75 yards. I recorded bullet going away from mavic just over its head and I set a GoPro near the target so the round was flying at the GoPro.

No point in editing and posting the footage. Not one single round was visable, not the .22lr or the shotgun slug. I assume those are the slowest of the projectiles.

Reactions: geigy and Blades
Guys, there are things called arrows. I read the flying rod theory. I like that one the best :p

Reactions: Blades
Guys, there are things called arrows. I read the flying rod theory. I like that one the best :p
Finally! I was beginning to think that I was going to have to recount what the flying rod thing was all about.. :)

I'm sticking with what I said originally. If you read up or even watch the youtube video about flying rods you will find very closely what is shown in this video. After a whole lot of professionals and scientists and videographers examined these video captures (taken outside of a huge hole in the ground many years ago) of what they called "flying rods", believed to be anything from 4th dimension life forms, UFO's, other life forms that could not be seen by the naked eye, etc... they found simply that they were bugs. The video camera shutter speeds, light, bug movement, etc.. all played a part in creating what appeared very keenly to be some object like a rod flying by. But in reality it was just a bug.

And that is what I think this was... ;)

I set the angles approximately the same. I didn't have the opportunity to set the sun and distance.

I shot from about 75 yards. I recorded bullet going away from mavic just over its head and I set a GoPro near the target so the round was flying at the GoPro.

No point in editing and posting the footage. Not one single round was visable, not the .22lr or the shotgun slug. I assume those are the slowest of the projectiles.
Did you try throwing a bullet with your arm?? That may have been visible...

Now I want to know "IF" it hits a MP in the air if it will make the battery dislodge and make the Maverick drop like some other people have had happen?

There is a video of a diy UAV that was shot 3 times before it crashed.

Then again the is a video of a one going touching leaves and it crashed.

Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: yd0nxx

Mavic camera caught this. The "projectile" is too small and fast to be a bird and too big and slow to be a bullet.

No muzzle flash and no sound of gunfire. It comes from about 200-300 yards out at base of mountain and is moving pretty fast.

From that distance you could not see my Mavic coming unless somone had glass. Almost looks like a tracer but just too slow and big for a bullet.

The "projectile" is moving fast and has a very straight trajectory.

Very odd.

You flew past a bug... very small, backlit, out of focus. Maybe a dandelion seed.

The straight flight and distance is like a bullet but seems too slow. That why I'm very confused. It's just weird.

You can see bullets coming directly toward or away from you when the sun is low. Seen it many times.

But not here. The shot would have had to come from the mountains in the distance... a miles long shot. That ain't going to happen, and it's too big a coincidence that the direction of flight is precisely toward "the gun".

He flew past something very small.

I agree that a bullet is just too fast to be caught on the Mavic's camera. I think it might have been a rock from a sling shot, could have come from anyone's back yard. Whatever it was, glad it missed! -CF

You can see bullets coming directly toward or away from you when the sun is low. Seen it many times.

But not here. The shot would have had to come from the mountains in the distance... a miles long shot. That ain't going to happen, and it's too big a coincidence that the direction of flight is precisely toward "the gun".

He flew past something very small.
First you can see it originate from the base of the mountain and close the distance towards my Mavic.

Secondly, the Mavic doesn't fly that fast to "fly past something very small" and have it going that speed.

You can clearly see it come from the base of the mountain and it closes the distance between the Mavic and mountain which, is at least 300-400 yards.

Forget the object, CROP CIRCLES! [emoji89]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078